• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

ZhaR not czar

Smash Rookie
Candy is never unrelated. We should always talk about it's beauty and how it's humongous variety of colors and flavors brighten our days. If I had to live without candy, I wouldn't be living. Give me candy or give me death!

Edit:

Oh, and corn flakes... mehhh... Not so much...

Bonehimer, why would you come up to Iowa, of all places, to play smash?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
well, i cant find the stanard iowa thread anymore so....who knows if there is one. Anyone in Cedar rapids still play melee?
Woahaho, I recognize your name from lurking the Iowa thread a year or so back. I think this thread is the standard IA thread now.

Edit: I see Kudou got a full shot of his avatar. *blush*

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
So, Blank Mauser told me about this monthly tournament, and I'm thinking that I'll probably go to it. I mainly hang at AiB, because the Link boards are over there, so I've had no idea that a smash scene exists in Iowa until today.

I was wondering if there's anything that I should know about it. If I go, this will be my first tourney irl, and I'm not familiar at all with how everything is set up.

Oh yeah, and I'm only 15 years old... I hope that's not an issue...
So Uli and Blank pretty much mention everything, you need your own controller and cause this tourneys do go kinda late(around midnight or so) you should tell you parents that as for age restriction I guess around 15 and up seems fine maybe a little lower but I don't think I could have kids from around 10ish or so seems kinda young o.0 unless some one who comes to my tourneys says they are ok >.0

So yeah other than that the rules for the Tourney and stuff is on the first page so please take a look at it, also there's a Montage Vid from one of our tourneys and because of it Blank was able to come >.< which by the way you picked a good time to come since we are doing another montage this month since this is the one year anniversary ^.^

By the way stranger candy is the best >.0

well, i cant find the stanard iowa thread anymore so....who knows if there is one. Anyone in Cedar rapids still play melee?
A wild Funked appeared >.<
Whats up man and yeah this is pretty much the Iowa thread as for Melee I think Nova still leaves around there but that's the only person I know from there XP

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
wow, Funked actually made a post on the boards, its been like what? a year or so maybe? anyways, all of the iowa threads kind of got tanked so yeah......

Edit: I see Kudou got a full shot of his avatar. *blush*
thats right, its even more of a trap now..............

ZhaR not czar

Smash Rookie
Well, it looks like I should be able to go, but I don't know how I'm going to manage to get back home... I only live 20 miles away, but seeing as I can't drive, I'm going to have to convince my parents to pick me up later than they're usually willing to stay up...

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Well, it looks like I should be able to go, but I don't know how I'm going to manage to get back home... I only live 20 miles away, but seeing as I can't drive, I'm going to have to convince my parents to pick me up later than they're usually willing to stay up...
Well I think Razor or Schism can probably give you a ride (Sorry to them in advance for offering them =x) but otherwise if theres really no ride then Joker usually houses OOS'ers so you can probably stay the night after the tourney if thats alright with your parents.

PortCity

Smash Ace
If you guys are up to travel to Ames, we can play some Brawl in the "Clubhouse" at my apartment complex. My spouse rented it out, but her friends aren't showing up, so if you guys are up to play tomorrow we can chill and set up shop in there. Has lots of room, so we could have several setups. If not, there is always sometime during the week.

§chizm

Smash Lord
If you guys are up to travel to Ames, we can play some Brawl in the "Clubhouse" at my apartment complex. My spouse rented it out, but her friends aren't showing up, so if you guys are up to play tomorrow we can chill and set up shop in there. Has lots of room, so we could have several setups. If not, there is always sometime during the week.
Well I work till 8 tomorrow but I'd be willing to go down for games afterward I guess if it's not too late. I know Razor said something about being busy until next week so I don't know if he's available for games?

Zhar, everyone in Iowa is a boy hungry pedophile. You best watch your back down there . . . for me!
Nah he's alright. 13-14 is the cut off age for most of us. ;)

Zhar I would most likely be able to give you a ride.

Holy shit it's Funked, I haven't seen you on here in a while. Yeah as far as I know EB and Zyroqwa don't really play anymore. Games mostly go down in Des Moines for the most part. :ohwell:

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Yeah like Blank mention I usually house OoS people so 1 more won't make the difference, but if you're thinking of staying the night make sure you bring blankets and a pillow cause it is a basement with no carpeting >.0

So the chick in Kudou's avatar is a dude? -_-
It's what ever you wanted to be ^.^

fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap
Damn you Kudou >.<

And yeah if Skizm is willing to go I'll probably tag along with him >.<

PortCity

Smash Ace
Well if you guys are up for it, just tell me a time. I have a new place (which is closer to DM, by about 5 min) so I will ahve to give you guys directions, but we can play from whenever until whenever. Someone bring some Famous Amos cookies for my wife. It might get us all some brownie points... me included :)

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
Well IF we were to have a mystery touney then people could tell joker what they have then joker could take it all, and randomize it then he can pm the person who can bring the setup for _____ game and then we can have the mystery tourney either at the end of doubles when singles signups are starting, or towards the end of singles.

Edit: since you guys were on the subject of age, for anyone that didn't know i'm 17 lol.

Funked

Smash Apprentice
yeah, I didnt think there was to many people playing it round here. Just seemed like a fun game to get into, you know...8 years after it came out. I sold my wii after i got totally bored with it, so I dont play brawl anymore. I play some ggac, and will play blazblue when that **** comes out.

Henry- we should hook up, and chill, for old, new times sake.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Yo Funked! You should stop by in Des Moines next weekend for Joker's tourney. Tons of different games will be played!

Top Bottom