• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Well IF we were to have a mystery touney then people could tell joker what they have then joker could take it all, and randomize it then he can pm the person who can bring the setup for _____ game and then we can have the mystery tourney either at the end of doubles when singles signups are starting, or towards the end of singles.

Edit: since you guys were on the subject of age, for anyone that didn't know i'm 17 lol.

There won't be a mystery tourney cause there won't be enough time or space. We don't get to finals till about 10-12 and by the end everyone is too tired. Maybe if everyone brought setups to speed things up. Last tourney we were lacking on them and things went slow. The tourney before that we had so many we didn't know where to put them. Another issue would be if people would hurry up with their lunch break and by people I mean Nebraska. What should be a 15-30 min break sometimes turns into an hour.

PortCity

Smash Ace
So far, Me, Mara, and Vos are interested in playing. Schisim said his is available after 8. Razor said he is available tonight. So it looks like some people will be showing up.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
So I wasn't able to check, and Idk if people even posted, but who is going to Genesis? PM me or something cuz we need to figure out who, if anyone, is going and how we're getting there.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Joker, right now the plan is for me and Zash to show up on thursday, that cool?
Yeah I'm fine with it since that's the day we usually get together to play so that be perfect >.0

I want to go, but the rest of Des Moines has not posted at all. I am the only who has posted to see who is going.
I want to go also but I was waiting for Skizm to say if he's going for sure cause I doubt Razor can take us since he won't be able to take us back >.<

There won't be a mystery tourney cause there won't be enough time or space. We don't get to finals till about 10-12 and by the end everyone is too tired. Maybe if everyone brought setups to speed things up. Last tourney we were lacking on them and things went slow. The tourney before that we had so many we didn't know where to put them. Another issue would be if people would hurry up with their lunch break and by people I mean Nebraska. What should be a 15-30 min break sometimes turns into an hour.
This is very true I know NE wants to hang out with us but maybe we should go to a restaurant after the tourney(cause I never get to go T.T), but if people must eat I recommend BK, QT or Pizza Hut which I think still has the 555 deal if not then Dominos just have some one order before break >.0
The other thing is that if we do have a mystery tourney there won't TvC or any other fighter, cause in reality I'll like to use that set up for Brawl instead I leave it for TvC, while I'm on the subject after this tourney the only fighters I'm going to be doing is BlazBlue and KOF12 and maybe TvC but not until it comes out in the States ^.^
And of course Brawl/Melee.

So I wasn't able to check, and Idk if people even posted, but who is going to Genesis? PM me or something cuz we need to figure out who, if anyone, is going and how we're getting there.
I'm still interested in going but not sure who else actually I think people may just not even go T.T
But I'll like to tag along with people who still want to go >.0

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Joker: Well me and Peeks are definitely going no matter what apparently. We're still trying to work out transportation details cuz we don't know who else is planning on going. Smashbus maybe? I think that'll be a last resort though cuz idk how much they'll have (or if it's even still happening :S)

Also who ever IS thinking about going, know that the venue WILL NOT be housing people like originally intended. Doors must close at midnight every night (which is pissed me off severely but oh well) So the people running the tourney set up deals with surrounding hotels and such. These deals can be seen on the OP of the Genesis thread. Also notice that as long as we don't cause a huge scene, we can basically fit as many people as we want/can in a room, so it would be especially cheap when including the discounted prices.

Genesis is going the abosolutely epic you guys. They have a video tour of the venue on the thread OP and they talk about alot of stuff. Check it out again if you haven't done so in awhile. Let's try and get as many people as we can to go to this, because it WILL be one of the best times ever. SOMEBODY has to represent IA!

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Sorry to say this but i intend on going to vietnamese again. Des moines has good restaurants to eat at. I realize that it takes awhile for us sometimes but that also depends on the party that goes, besides while we are gone people get the chance to do friendlies that don't stay over at jokers/bones place that don't want to do them very late.

I plan on bringing a melee setup so that will probably put us at like 3 immediatly amirite?

where the F is CBK!

§chizm

Smash Lord

by party, he means whomever is in his.
Hes king food queen
Dancing queen?

Also I don't think it's really the food break that matters, it's probably the fact that the tournament hasn't actually started when it was supposed to in like 5 months. We usually don't even start brackets until like 3-4.
Also I will be bringing my magic cards to this.

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
IIRC, Nebraska has only taken an hour long lunch break once or twice. Unless they fired it up at the last monthly which I didnt go to -_- which would make it three times. Even still, its exactly as Schism said. The tournament never starts until 3-4.

Ill bring my Wii and Melee as usual to this XD and it wont be used as usual also :'(

EDIT: Im not gonna do teams at this tournament.

Cook

Smash Master
Joker, I think me and Nicole will be there Friday night to have FUUUUUN with you guys! Also, I want to go to this Vietnamese place. JBM, take me there.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Good shit. Joker, Schizm, Razor, I challenge any of you to a 1v1 using someone else's deck >.<
I haves no cards
i will most likely bring 5 or so decks and maybe a bunch of random cards if you want to use one of mine again, as long as we dont end up playing the same decks vs each other 20 times in a row again lol.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Ahh yes Magic is going to happen.

Also I remember people mentioned about possibly getting buck at some point since this is the year anniversary for these monthlies...;)

Dekline42

Smash Ace
i will most likely bring 5 or so decks and maybe a bunch of random cards if you want to use one of mine again, as long as we dont end up playing the same decks vs each other 20 times in a row again lol.
Yea... that hour long birds vs angels battle was kinda rediculous...

Id be nice to try a black or red deck, I've never used either of those

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Hey the page count has been fixed!

I will be up on Friday but kind of late again most likely. I can house some people if they are interested.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Yeah idk bout housing i think its gonna be me tyser uli dekline and bolt coming up on friday through sunday.

Jake we have to play games friday night, moooore practice

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Sounds good JBM, we shall practice indeed. The unfortunate news is that I have a baseball game Friday night at 7:30 which could realistically mean it'll be 11 before I'm free. I'll keep you all updated.

Nicole do I get my present this Friday/Saturday?

Uli

Smash Champion
im down with staying for friday-sunday :D
its not like we have anything else to do, i don't see the problem
i work on sunday at 5 though

everyone should come out and eat :3

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I don't mind on housing. Just bring blankets, pillows, and air mattresses if you don't like the hard wood floor. I guess bring air mattresses if you have them. Bring small ones so they can fit in my room and that small room downstairs where we usually played games.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
This is going to be pretty much the only time I'm against drinking here. I'm bringing my brother.

Oh, guys, I got first in St. Louis. I spent the money like I was hot.
On an air conditioner. Nyuk nyuk nyuk.

Seriously, though, I'm doing as well/better this time.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I am SO DOWN FOR GETTING BUCK!! Drinking contests?!?! lol, no. those will end badly.

For real though I'm down. Better be saying you JakeBudden.

Sorry I haven't checked up here in a while. I shall bring SC.

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
Ive been nerding Minesweeper lately. Anyone wanna MM me at Jokers in Minesweeper? First to complete expert wins. You can start over as many times as you want.

Top Bottom