• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
LOL WTF why was i in a dream.????.....and i wouldnt be wearing a dress i would be standing behind everyone sitting there quitely(being a loner)..^_^...yea most random thing i heard in a while lol..but yea tyser no its not a hawt dream with you in it...it would be a nightmare...O_O..lol:laugh::laugh:

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
A gift? Awesome.... I'm excited.

JBM I have actually been playing melee! Played against Schism for like an hour yesterday :)

As for brawl I kind of think it is where you are at. If you lived in Des Moines and were constantly around us I think you would enjoy brawl more since that is what we all play. But you are more located in a melee area.

Answer: Move closer to Des Moines....

Peeks that is hilarious/awesome. You should post your speech on here.

Sekou, Andy: last night was for real. It is always a good time when you do teams until 3:30 in the morning. Highlight of the night my Jigglypuff winning two upsets in a row taking a total of 5 stock with my two..... In all seriousness though good games. I think it is kinda a big change playing Snake and Dedede for 4 hours then having to play Snake and Metaknight.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Anything going on today? Tomorrow?

P.S. The Vaio is mynez. And Gunbuster + DieBuster were amazing. I'm buying the OVA on Blu-Ray when I can.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Nice matches last night...Spikes galore. Spikes on Warios, Spikes on Metaknights, Spikes on Snakes, Spikes on Jigglypuffs, Spikes on other Diddys, and last but not least...0 to death Spikes into footstools on DDDs :-D. I likes playing with DDD on my team. Next time I will play with Joker a bit and see how that goes.

gantrain05

Smash Master
im still alive, but barely. ive been spending the last 2 weeks just playin resident evil 5, professional mode is a son of a *****.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
It's on the 30th? Uh-oh :( Idk if I'm gonna be able to make it. That sucks.
I just gave a date to see what ppl think, but it can be either the 23th or 30th there's a tourney on the 23th but is for Melee so I think it should be fine >.<

Lol, I see what you're doin. You're right, its more of my mom's. :p
I still have no idea of what your talking about:confused:
Also Skizm was wondering if anyone was going to come today, so there you go.

Next time I will play with Joker a bit and see how that goes.
Yeah we need to team some times that way I don't have to worry about getting spiked >.0

im still alive, but barely. ive been spending the last 2 weeks just playin resident evil 5, professional mode is a son of a *****.
DUDE RE5 is too good I played the facked out of it I got every achievement/thropy for it, due you have it for PS3 or 360.

Also Genshiken was too good I saw the Anime then read the manga I loved the ending plus I like the reference they make to GGXX, CvS2, and KOFs too good. As for Naruto that $hit is getting really good specially cause Hinata finally said the L word o(0.0)o

gantrain05

Smash Master
i got it for 360, all i've been doing now is running thru levels with my first magnum blowin *****es away, its just too fun lol.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I'm serious debating whether I want to go to Kahoka or not. Basically by the time of the tournament the only legal stages will be battlefield, fd, and smashville.

gantrain05

Smash Master
I'm serious debating whether I want to go to Kahoka or not. Basically by the time of the tournament the only legal stages will be battlefield, fd, and smashville.
thats good for my peachy ^^ if they want to get slapped around by the princess thats fine with me.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
UPDATE:

figured I would let people know that I will be able to go to Kahoka all weekend! even though its my birthday my parents are doing a party some other day so i will be fine to go. and if im still needed im up for driving and taking people there.

I definitely need to get a lot of practice in, unfortunately i work all weekend and finals are coming up so it may be hard for me to get away from Pella. if i can though i will post on the boards and see if people are getting together.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace

I just gave a date to see what ppl think, but it can be either the 23th or 30th there's a tourney on the 23th but is for Melee so I think it should be fine >.<
I don't think I'm gonna be able to make either date :( Dammit. My family is dragging me to New York. Is it bad that I wanna stay and play smash rather than go to New York?

EDIT: I just realized that was a stupid question. No it is NOT sad. I'd SO rather stay all weekend at Joker's than go to New York for a week with my family. HANDS DOWN. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
i won't be able to make either date along with all of NE

When is kahoka? if its not in early may should we just do it then? that or early june thats just my input.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Then we are probably better off going with june.. Because the weekend of kahoka there is a melee tourney in KS which NE will probably go to.

Week after that is finals for kids.

May 16 would work but dayum thats alot of tourneys in may idk if i want to do that but i might.

the week after that is event 52 so thats a no for me.

then the following weekend i will be in st. louis visiting family for a graduation so idk..

Uli

Smash Champion
lets just say that NE will most likely not be there at the next monthly lol

also joker, genshiken is too goooood XD
naruto is decent,
his eyes look like nias eyes
:3

PortCity

Smash Ace
Joker: Another thing you won't have to worry about is Metaknight off stage ****. I tend to get to my partners pretty darn fast and any smart Metaknight player knows not to screw with me off stage. :-D I'll be ready to keep those matches for the highlight reel.

PortCity

Smash Ace
"And now, HOBO is Banning MK at their next tournament. Whether you want MK banned or not, please consider the following."

Ahhhh....the end of an era.... I guess I don't have to pick up Metaknight again. I was going to get him back in shape to help my little brother train, but alas, no reason for that. We can actually focus on playing other characters than focusing on beating only 1 :-P...

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Kudo, not sure if you are still looking for manga, but i rally enjoy negima! I have been reading that for a while now and find it really funny yet. Another that I just picked up this weekend is Dorothy of Oz. It is one of the most interesting ideas that i have heard in a while. They take the characters and some of the basic story of the Wizard of Oz which sucked as a movie, and revamped it with actual action to the story which im in volume 3 and is getting pretty crazy. Plus the tin-man looks bad-***! You should check it out.

And next time I am there i need to get some cell numbers cause i was in Des Moines this weekend for army crap and I had friday and Saturday nite open for like 6 hours and really wanted to play games but was away from the interweb and couldnt contact anyone to pick me up.

Uli

Smash Champion
i randomly started watching eden of the east
it looks really good so far, i recommend!

ya'll NEED to read Bitter Virgin, NEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Kudo, not sure if you are still looking for manga, but i rally enjoy negima! I have been reading that for a while now and find it really funny yet. Another that I just picked up this weekend is Dorothy of Oz. It is one of the most interesting ideas that i have heard in a while. They take the characters and some of the basic story of the Wizard of Oz which sucked as a movie, and revamped it with actual action to the story which im in volume 3 and is getting pretty crazy. Plus the tin-man looks bad-***! You should check it out.
yeah im still readin negima. im think im somewhere in the 8th book and havent picked it back up for awhile since i forgot and things come up

well im on chapter 13 of bitter virgin, and its pretty good so far. i just feel kind of bad for the main chick. :sad face: :(

ace156

Smash Apprentice
hmmm, did anyone read my post from like 2 pages back? just in case anyone felt like going back and reading it >_> no one really responded to it...

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
hmmm, did anyone read my post from like 2 pages back? just in case anyone felt like going back and reading it >_> no one really responded to it...
Well what part did you wonder about a response? Me and Peeks don't know who we're going with yet. We'll let you know though once we figure it out.

Btw, how are we all organizing this? Are we all gonna meet somewhere and decide what we're doing from there?

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman

I would but not really interested on romance anime/manga and have enough with watching eden of the east even tho i am more interested on the terrorist aspect of the show then the romance.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
UPDATE:

figured I would let people know that I will be able to go to Kahoka all weekend! even though its my birthday my parents are doing a party some other day so i will be fine to go. and if im still needed im up for driving and taking people there.

I definitely need to get a lot of practice in, unfortunately i work all weekend and finals are coming up so it may be hard for me to get away from Pella. if i can though i will post on the boards and see if people are getting together.
well all i kno is that we dont really know about the drivin issue right now so i dont kno whos goin with whom and who is drivin with whomever. so i think that we'll just cross that bridge when we get to it before next weekend when the tourney is. but in worst case scenario we might need u as an extra driver if more ppl wants to go with limited amount of space

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
god damnit
anyone that votes yes is a bitch
sigh...
Sorry mang I voted yes T.T
Also I read a few pages of Bitter Virgin and looks pretty good, is the whole thing finish too >w<

So how about having the date on the 30th? I might have a chance coming to that one.
Actually I was thinking we could do it on either the 30th or the 6th of June maybe.

Sorry guy I forgot to reply T.T
But as for people driving and stuff here's a list of the people who are either going or wanting to:

1. Joker
  2. Razor
  3. Bonehimer
  4. Skizm
  5. Peeks
  6. Zash
  7. C.Love
  8. Mduo
  9. Jlo
  10. Andy
  11. Blank
  12. Kudou
  13. CBK

I think I'm forgetting some ppl but that should be just about everyone, so I think now we need to figure out who's all going for sure then we can figure out how many cars we need, Razor said he could take the van again but doesn't want to drive however Peeks/Zash are willing then Mduo can drive his car right?

So the Razor Van can take 7, and Mduo can take 5, I'm pretty sure not everyone on the list can go, so this should help things with driving and stuff >.0

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
I know that me and Zash is going for sure, and maybe Vax, but havnt heard in a while, will call him tom and find out for sure.

Also i want to watch lucky star, should i watch it in dub or sub, which do people prefer?

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well i prefer all anime subbed casue i usually dont like the english dubbed. it just doesnt sound right, and for lucky star i would reconmend u watch it subbed cuase in dubbed they dont sound all cute and funny, more like they're all serious and what not. thats just my input

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
VAX!! I knew I was forgetting some one,
But yeah I personally like both Dub and Sub, is just that the Sup one has the random Engrish that makes it funny.

Also on another note, the SBR came with a new rule set for Brawl, is almost the same except for some stages that were moved to banned and those stages are:
  • Corneria
  • Onett
  • Skyworld
So I'll most likely be banning these stages also o(>.<)0

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Also on another note, the SBR came with a new rule set for Brawl, is almost the same except for some stages that were moved to banned and those stages are:
  • Corneria
  • Onett
  • Skyworld
So I'll most likely be banning these stages also o(>.<)0
Thank goodness ban that Skyworld and Onett sht...

Wuts wrong with Corneria? Did they see CBKs match against Zash or somethin? ;)

-BC-

Top Bottom