• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

ace156

Smash Apprentice

Sorry guy I forgot to reply T.T
But as for people driving and stuff here's a list of the people who are either going or wanting to:

1. Joker
  2. Razor
  3. Bonehimer
  4. Skizm
  5. Peeks
  6. Zash
  7. C.Love
  8. Mduo
  9. Jlo
  10. Andy
  11. Blank
  12. Kudou
  13. CBK

I think I'm forgetting some ppl but that should be just about everyone, so I think now we need to figure out who's all going for sure then we can figure out how many cars we need, Razor said he could take the van again but doesn't want to drive however Peeks/Zash are willing then Mduo can drive his car right?

So the Razor Van can take 7, and Mduo can take 5, I'm pretty sure not everyone on the list can go, so this should help things with driving and stuff >.0

ok, sounds good. i would like to get some practice matches with everyone before we go too, idk if anyone is gathering on thursday in some area, but i may be free.
and just keep me updated about the driving situation, since im not sure when we are leaving or anything, so i dont know when to meet or stuff.

VAX!! I knew I was forgetting some one,
But yeah I personally like both Dub and Sub, is just that the Sup one has the random Engrish that makes it funny.

Also on another note, the SBR came with a new rule set for Brawl, is almost the same except for some stages that were moved to banned and those stages are:
  • Corneria
  • Onett
  • Skyworld
So I'll most likely be banning these stages also o(>.<)0

awwww skyworld?! the only stage i ever beat joker on (it was also 1 out of like 135 matches ><) is now banned? dang im out of luck forever

(btw this is supposed to be funny, hopefully i got that across well lol)

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Mduo, we usually gather on Thursdays actually in Ames. Last Thursday we played games till 3:30 in the morning :)

I guess the Razor van will have to be put to use for Kahoka. That means I can take 7. Apply now!

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Sign me up for Razor's Party Van again! :D

I'm going to miss Onett.

Also, if we don't get practice on Thursday, don't forget theres always friendlies to be done at the venue before the tourney!

I would but not really interested on romance anime/manga and have enough with watching eden of the east even tho i am more interested on the terrorist aspect of the show then the romance.
Sir, so far I am liking your taste in anime. Thats how I'm going to decide what to watch now. Is it worth watching? Well Bone says so then it must be!

But yeah I personally like both Dub and Sub, is just that the Sup one has the random Engrish that makes it funny.
Engrish is the best. BUSTAHHH BEEAMMUU~!!!!!

Uli

Smash Champion
I would but not really interested on romance anime/manga and have enough with watching eden of the east even tho i am more interested on the terrorist aspect of the show then the romance.
i like both aspects :3
but yea the terrorist part seems really interesting O.o

Sorry mang I voted yes T.T
Also I read a few pages of Bitter Virgin and looks pretty good, is the whole thing finish too >w<
well since your reading bitter virgin i forgive you :p
but dude
do the impossible see the invisible, ROW ROW fight the powaahh!
joker, are you a MAN?!

Also i want to watch lucky star, should i watch it in dub or sub, which do people prefer?
most definitely watch it in sub, it just isnt right without their voices, some animes can do dubs but lucky star needs to be in sub!

well im on chapter 13 of bitter virgin, and its pretty good so far. i just feel kind of bad for the main chick. :sad face: :(
i approve

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
peeks we will c, I will probably request driving assistance but I will certainly drive as well. Ok Razor's van now has 7 of 7 spots filled. Razor, Jlo, Joker, Blank, Zash, Peeks, and Vax. Others can still ride in Mduo's car but I would talk to him soon.

What time can people be at Jokers and ready to leave? Peeks/Zash will it be like 8 again? Or is there anyway you could get here earlier than that? It would be unfortunate if we couldn't get there until 11 or so on Friday night....

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
so is this kind of what we're lookin at right now as for driving issues?

Razor's Party Van \(^o^)/
  1. Razor
  2. Joker
  3. Peeks
  4. Zash
  5. Vax
  6. Blank
  7. Jlo

Extra Willing Driver \(^o^)/
  • Mduo

Other people that show interest/wanting to go \(^o^)/
  • Andy
  • Kudou
  • CBK
  • Skizm
  • C.Love
  • Bonehimer - if desides not to go

yeah i think that this pretty much sums it up as for ppl and drivin situation. so all we have to do now is figure this one out. if Bone doesnt want to go any more than that means there are 5 ppl wanting to go with only 4 spots open.

now we must think like the only man who can figure this one out..............................................and we all kno who that is

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
It is up to Zash when we leave, I could leave at noon, but he has a class at 2, so I will converse with him to see if he could skip or make up an excuse. We will try to shoot for like 4ish for now.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
It is up to Zash when we leave, I could leave at noon, but he has a class at 2, so I will converse with him to see if he could skip or make up an excuse. We will try to shoot for like 4ish for now.
my last class is at 1pm on friday, so i would be able to arrive in Des Moines at about 2pm at the earliest (unless i skip class, then its closer to 12pm to arrive)

hopefully we dont plan on leaving earlier, i can get out of 1 class, but maybe not two haha

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well NE isnt that big into brawl and i think that there is a melee tourney in KS on may 2 and i think that they show more interest into goin to that instead. so u might as well pull the plug on that idea

lol picture of Hinagiku FTW!!!

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
SHOOT i forgot what tourny this was and when it was? ppl feel me in..O_O...lol **** i need to check the boards alot more now..too busy with school and S***..so yea just let me know when all this tourny stuff is going down?:)

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well i made a list of people and driving situation on the next page back. well if u took the time to go one page back u would kno whats goin on. \(^o^)/ dang ppl and ur not reading other ppls posts to catch up on what they missed

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Hey Joker, if the tourney was on June 6th, I would have a substantially greater chance of going. If nobody is opposed, could we just do that? If people want it on the 30th I understand. Just wondering.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Want to pose a couple of questions to you guys....some on topic others off.

First: Why are these stages banned in TEAM tournament play?

Mushroomy Kingdom II 0-0-21
Mushroomy Kingdom I 0-0-19
Shadow Moses: 0-6-29 >>> 1-1-20
Bridge of Eldin 0-2-25
Rumble Falls 0-3-21
Wario Ware: 0-2-33

I think I understand why Mushroomy Kingdoms and Rumble Falls are (They move so much that the objective no longer is to fight, but to keep up with the stage.) But that isn't the same for Wario Ware Shadow Moses, or the Bridge. In teams, it seems that those stages are doable. In my experience, the outcome of the match isn't predicated on who can play the games in Wario Ware :-D. In teams, the idea is any and everything is legal, so, I don't see why Shadow Moses isn't available.

Second: Are you guys hosting some big tourney in Iowa this summer? If so, is it possible for it to be on a Sunday. That way, my brother and I can help out/participate.

Third: What do you guys think about the likelihood that Metaknight will be banned for real this time?

Fourth: How can Port City be as good as you guys? :-D

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
not sure if you are serious about wario ware so here goes

Wario Ware is never gonna be legal for the rewards. Lets say both teams did their best to stop the other team during a mini game but none the less both teams manage to get one of their players to get rewarded, one got the mushroom(becoming big) while the other gets life recovery. In all honestly what team is coming out the winner here, the one that recover some held or the one that now has a huge snake on the field.

Both teams played well but one was rewarded way more then the other, randomly.
random = luck
luck =/=skill

but i don't actually know the ins and outs of the stage, only know the games and the rewards it gives you. pretty basic stuff don't know if there is more to the stage as what causes the rewards that it gives you.

big tourney would be the championship but doubt sunday will benefit everyone and we still need to find a venue

PortCity

Smash Ace
Aight, thanks for the honest answer. I know it won't ever be legal, but the objective of banning stages is to say that the stage is SOOOooo disruptive that it takes away from the point of the match, which is to fight and show a persons skill at the game. If you take it to the logical extreme where one team is REALLY good at fighting and the other team is REALLY good at manipulating the stage and its quirks, there is no way the latter is going to win because of precisely the fact that the goodies are random and won't give you what you need all the time. I think it is an interesting argument. I think it boils down to the stage is close to "having items", and items are a curse in this game. :)

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
Hey joker it's been awhile since i last posted but how do you feel about having a tvc tourney at your next monthly?

or possibly the next one seeing as i'm the only person in Des Moines that owns it. (to my knowledge)
:)

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Yulai! ur avatar is too good \(^o^)/, Mio is my favorite char in K-ON!

heart attack cause of moe

the only person in Des Moines that owns it. (to my knowledge)
well actually, joker, skizm, myself and maybe MTKD have TvC as well. well there u go, more knowledge for u since there are atleast 5 ppl in Des Moines that have TvC and its not that hard to hack Wii's and burn TvC so there can be more if we wanted \(^o^)/

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I thought someone else had a burned copy as well, because of all that talk of burned games a few pages back. I was going to go to DBQ BBQ on april 25 but i can't go. :(

Yeah i'm getting pissed off lately at the lack of competetion of fighting games in general. I would be playing sf4 but my controllers are both out of comisson for a bit until I get my play and charge cord back.

Well if we do end up having a TVC tourney we should totally make it $5 dollars like sf4 has been seeing how that would be a side tournament too.

Edit: **** nintendo for making it so you have to be updated to 4.0 to use the shop channel!!!!111!1!1

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
http://en.akinator.com/

^This thing is amazing. So far its guessed Tails, Buizel, Bridget, Nono and Reala(The girl from such an obscure game as ToD2) just by asking 19 general questions like "Does your character fight? Have Magical Powers? Blond Hair?"

It can get specific though. "Does your character wear female clothing? Pilot a giant robot?"

There are other reasons why certain stages are banned too. Spear Pillar isn't just because the effects, its because the cave makes it hard to die in, making it a camp spot etc. Other big stages (Distant Planet has been considered) it may be possible for the fastest character to infinitely run around safely while a slow character could never catch him.

Imo things like these are just as possible on all stages but apparently these stages "promote" it. I'd rather see Rumble Falls legal before Wario Ware honestly. :laugh:

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
that thing is pretty fun. he got me the first time but i came back and won the second time \(^o^)/ take that. when i won on the second try i saw the name on the list and was supprised that it was there

EDIT: i just kicked its ass a couple of more times \(^o^)/. what a fun way to waste time

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Hey Joker, if the tourney was on June 6th, I would have a substantially greater chance of going. If nobody is opposed, could we just do that? If people want it on the 30th I understand. Just wondering.
Yeah it seems the 6th works ok I'll change it to the 6th and see how many people are kool with it, cause no one will say anything until they see a date on the thread >.<

Hey joker it's been awhile since i last posted but how do you feel about having a tvc tourney at your next monthly?

or possibly the next one seeing as i'm the only person in Des Moines that owns it. (to my knowledge)
Actually I been wanting to have one since the first SF4 tourney we had but everyone always leaves after it so this time I'll do TvC then SF4 and yeah it will be $5 for it.

And Sekku the reason why those stages are banned:

Wario Ware: Pretty much the reasons Bone gave, plus some of the Mini-games can be easily avoided while fighting and like Bone mention the rewards are unfair(Mushroom, Starman, Heal 5-7%), one person gets big while the other one gets invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .yeah

Bridge Of Eldin: The Stage is to big even for Doubles, plus the Goron Bomb in the middle kills no matter the % there were other reasons but I can't remember what the SBR said about it, but this were the main reasons o.0

Shadow Moses: Because of the Spot Light.

Shadow Moses: But seriously the reason is cause of infinities like grabs and such, also people can survive for a long time cause for most of the time the only way to kill is up, there's the walls but on destroying them weakens your moves, again can't remeber what else the SBR said T.T

Anyways Uli, I read all of Bitter Virgin from beginning to end yesterday >.0
That $hit was too good, her story for fearing men took me by surprise it seems that in mangas like so girls who are afraid of men is a simple one but dayum.
Then there was that blond chick who kept stalking Daisuke "Serves the bitch right" that just pissed me off
But all in all the manga was awesome, the ending was good but kept me wanting more.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
hey now joker, dont be tellin spoiler on bitter virgin now, im only on chapter 19. all i can right now is Kazuki is a freakin bitch that needs to die. i stand by that statement by the fact that she is a bitch and has to die.

:signs: i guess i have to leave now since i have to be at school in 5 hours to serve a morning 1 hour detention for my class senior prank. ppl just cant take a joke nowadays :signs:

Top Bottom