• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Sekou I get done with Intramural softball at 6 would it be cool if we came up after that? So 6:30-7 when we got there? But we need a ride for Joker and such to go home. Oh wait Schism you want to come right?

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
I plan on having a camera by then. Its main purpose will be to get mine and Zash's matches, but doing a montage would be sweet. Also if it doesnt conflict with our matches i could get others too.
thats fine most but instead of recording other people just record random crowds of people playing and the venue itself

vaderseven

Smash Apprentice
So what date/time are we looking at for this next one?

P.S. I might show up because I know no smashers in Iowa (I moved her last OCT) and thus Ive been getting out of practice.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
So is Melee circuit event going on the first day with Brawl circuit event the next day? Or do I completely have it wrong? lol

I'd totally go for both.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That's a possibility, but Melee Circuit Event for sure.
I dunno if the Brawl tournament on Sunday would be big enough to be a part of the MW Circuit for Brawl or if it conflicts with any other dates. Brawl's not my thing.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
dang i wouldnt be able to make event 52..i graduate on that day...lol also soo many grad. partys in may-june...so probably no smashing those to months...O_O(unless i go to BC's)

PortCity

Smash Ace
Sekou I get done with Intramural softball at 6 would it be cool if we came up after that? So 6:30-7 when we got there? But we need a ride for Joker and such to go home. Oh wait Schism you want to come right?
Well, something came up and we will have to push it back to 8 pm. My teacher is taking us bowling as a class, and i don't want to appear anti-social. Especially since this man decides my future :-\...anyway...I'll rush back to my house by 8:00 or 8:10 at the latest. So it is just 1 hour after you proposed. Take a shower and relax for about 30-45 min before you come , that way you guys and I will make it back to the house at the same time.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
lol i had the funniest 1 hour of school today. the entire senior class did a slip and slide thing on a really big hill behind my school and the principle kicked out all of the seniors that were there from school today. so basically the entire senior class that was there dont have classes today \(^o^)/. getting all wet and muddy FTW!!!

on another note, joker and bone i was thinking that sometime today ima gonna have to get the laptop from u guys for a day or two. what is a good time for me to show up and get it? i can get it whenever but not from 2:00-5:00 since thats when i have track practice

dang i wouldnt be able to make event 52..i graduate on that day...lol also soo many grad. partys in may-june...so probably no smashing those to months...O_O(unless i go to BC's)
really, i grad on the 17 of may, and my last day of school is 12 of may i think. eiter way to bad u cant make event 52

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
So what date/time are we looking at for this next one?
Well is always on a Saturday at 1:00 pm as for the date I think May 30th.

I wish i liked brawl more than melee sometimes because so many more people play the game >_>
True True, but there's always Street Fighter 4 although once King Of Fighters 12 comes out I'm going all SNK. By the way JBM you play SF4 on the PS3 right, cause if you do you should totally send me your tag or what ever mine is Joker490Frozen then we can play some SF4 >.0

on another note, joker and bone i was thinking that sometime today ima gonna have to get the laptop from u guys for a day or two. what is a good time for me to show up and get it? i can get it whenever but not from 2:00-5:00 since thats when i have track practice
Any time works for us really
You Bastard XP
plus I have my other laptop that for some reason Blank calls his own >.<

Not that anyone probably cares, but for my public speaking class I did a 5 min speech on the community of competitive smash and said some very nice things about the Des Moines crew <3.
I would have loved to hear that speech, I remembered doing something like it for my speech class, but I did one for StarCraft then this chick did one on Pizza so we all ate Pizza T.T good times good times.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
TBH sf4's community as far as tourney scene goes is MUCH smaller than even melee.

You don't here of too many tourneys for sf4 or at least i don't.

My tag is jerrynerd but i stop playing sf4 awhile back because i just don't have the time to succeed in that game like i do with melee. But if i get on and see you we will definetly do some sparing :)

If brawl would allow me to play the char i want at a faster rate so that i don't get seizures from overthinking situations i'd play the game, i love mindgames and that is what the game is all about.

Spacing, mindgames, little advanced techs and such.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Nicely put JBM. From most of the vids I see on Youtube, It seems like only West Coast has all the good players since they have Arcades to go to practice and a lot of people and such. I look forward to games this weekend JBM. I feel like I've been getting better.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Any time works for us really
You Bastard XP
plus I have my other laptop that for some reason Blank calls his own >.<
Lol, I see what you're doin. You're right, its more of my mom's. :p

there will NOT be a brawl ciruit event the day after, that will be in june. he was just kidding around about brawl being on the next day.
I see. Well is anyone from IA planning on going to this?

Nicole

Smash Champion
Guys. I had a dream last night that I must share with all of you, because some of you were in it!

I was at a friend's party. Myself, Zash, Peeks, Andrew, Andrew's brother, and 3 Wichita smashers were sitting around a table. We had some party cups with our names written on tape. Zash decided to eat the tape, found out that it was delicious, and then we all tore off the tape from our cups at ate it.

Then I talked to CBK and he told me that we had met before, because he was at my highschool prom! He showed me a picture of prom night, full of lots of silly highschoolers, and sure enough, there he was, sitting at the table, dressed like a girl. He was making a sensual, sexy face!

Just thought you guys would appreciate knowing that, because I thought it was hilarious.

Also, Razor, I have a present for you. It is probably not better than Kit's present to Joker, but maybe you'll like it. I looked at it and thought of you.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
alright so im pretty disappointed in animes that just end then basically tell u to read the manga instead. so right now im pretty ticked on how D.Gray-Man, Tsubasa Chronicles, Negima, Vampire Knight and load of other anime just say no. so ima just start reading a lot of mangas from onemanga now casuse anime producers say f off to makin more episodes. is there any kind of reconmendation for any kind of good mangas out there? i dont really read much mangas but its good to make changes.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well tyser just gives off the spoilers for naruto and bleach in the NE thread to there's no point in reading those, thanks mang (^^;). besides, i already kno a lot of major things that happends in naruto cause i heard them from joker, and bleach isnt that far off the manga since they're pretty much in the genarsl area of each other. also dragon ball z is over rated \(^o^)/

Uli

Smash Champion
You could read Genshiken, is like lucky star but superior in every way, the opening for the anime has guilty gear. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3m243GSgc8&feature=related
Genshiken was the shiiiiiit, the manga finishes it off, it was gewdd

kudou read a bunch of manga, its a million times better than watching anime :D
im up to date with tsubasa chronicles, they are dragging it out sooo fuuucking HARDD its annoying
i started reading vampire but stopped for some reason...

i DEMAND you read bitter virgin, DEMAND
http://www.onemanga.com/Bitter_Virgin/
everyone read this!!

Top Bottom