• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman

Actually, you think the venue is big enough to maybe hold the MW-W Circuit Championship there, since I'm still in a way looking for a place to host it, I was thinking a church since they tend to be pretty big, plus they have their own parking ;3

We could start scouting rooms, but getting 10 set-ups going at once in a room wouldn't be that hard. The lan we were at this weekend was over 2 different rooms.

Almost all of the rooms have projectors so we can use splitters on some of the bigger matches on screens

Uli

Smash Champion
do you think that place you guys play childrens card games at will let you host a tourny?
or look at retirement centers, the one by our house has like a venue you can rent out, idk bout you guys though.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Are we doing singles first this weekend? I have to leave at 5pm, so if there are enough brawl set-ups for singles to get finished before then I'll enter. Se'kou and I will be back later to beat the winners of teams and to do crew battles.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Are we doing singles first this weekend? I have to leave at 5pm, so if there are enough brawl set-ups for singles to get finished before then I'll enter. Se'kou and I will be back later to beat the winners of teams and to do crew battles.
As in wut time later? Cause i wont be showin up till about 11pm....

CBK and I wouldnt mind gettin some games in

-BC-

EBF

Smash Cadet
So people are entering Melee right?
Seriously, if I ever get Top 3 in one of these monthlies (in Brawl) then something is up.
I randomly got 7th last time -_-

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I am winning both singles and doubles with Joker. There will be no shenanigans from me this time.

Also I would like to enter Melee, I wanted to last time but I apparently missed the sign up time cause it had started before I realized sign-ups had taken place.

DISCLAIMER: I will be using Metaknight at this tournament.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Wait, so you guys won't make it for doubles then, and does that mean your going to be entering Singles, but anyways does people mind if we do Singles first then or just doubles then Singles.

Also I just finish watching Toradora, and that anime was too good I knew I would have liked it since the main chick Taiga is voiced by Rie Kugimiya, she also voiced for Alphonse Elric in Full Metal Alchemist, Nagi in Hayate no Gotoku!, and Louise in Zero no Tsukaima, I like her voice overs cause she's always doing all the Tsundare characters and chibi like <3

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
I am winning both singles and doubles with Joker. There will be no shenanigans from me this time.

Also I would like to enter Melee, I wanted to last time but I apparently missed the sign up time cause it had started before I realized sign-ups had taken place.

Razor.....You make me so sad.....

Wait, so you guys won't make it for doubles then, and does that mean your going to be entering Singles, but anyways does people mind if we do Singles first then or just doubles then Singles.

Also I just finish watching Toradora, and that anime was too good I knew I would have liked it since the main chick Taiga is voiced by Rie Kugimiya, she also voiced for Alphonse Elric in Full Metal Alchemist, Nagi in Hayate no Gotoku!, and Louise in Zero no Tsukaima, I like her voice overs cause she's always doing all the Tsundare characters and chibi like <3
I finished it last night, lol weird. Yeah, I recognized her from Zero no Tsukaima as well. Too cute. I'm such a watery eyed pansy when it comes to endings like that lol.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I finished it last night, lol weird. Yeah, I recognized her from Zero no Tsukaima as well. Too cute. I'm such a watery eyed pansy when it comes to endings like that lol.

I'm also the same way, I love those kind of animes, by the way there are like 3 seasons of Zero No Tsukaima right and I know there's a 4th season coming, cause the way the 3rd one endend didn't finish it, so does anyone know when the 4th season will start.

sluys

Smash Journeyman

I just talked with Vos so I have a doubles partner. If you wouldn't mind doing doubles first we'll enter that but I won't have time for singles.
Thanks budddy.

Oh and Jake, that is great to hear. As long as you leave D3 at home I'm happy.

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
the only reason i don't like singles first is because then less people play doubles. like last time when there was only 7 teams :(

but i am up for whatever makes others the happiest.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Well me and Peeks will be debuting Team Jackhammer Astroscissors, so +1 for teams.

I'm also the same way, I love those kind of animes, by the way there are like 3 seasons of Zero No Tsukaima right and I know there's a 4th season coming, cause the way the 3rd one endend didn't finish it, so does anyone know when the 4th season will start.
As of now, there is no date for a 4th season :( But I'm sure there's gonna be something, if only an OVA.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
i'm bringing rolling stones to this shiz.

I'm taking first in melee doubles for once. dayum i never win that one.

K razor i'm expecting you to enter now.

Uli

Smash Champion
toradora was pretty real until episode 24, did anyone else think that episode sucked shit?!
ya'll should watch clannad :D

people getting buck after the tourny?

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace

I am winning both singles and doubles with Jordan. There will be no shenanigans from me this time.

DISCLAIMER: I will be using Wario at this tournament.

Unless I play Razor. I fully expect a Mario/Ness match.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
That is quite the puzzle to decipher lol.
Haha wut? Is it really that complicated lol...

Hopefully not as complicated as a nanner to ur face ;)

LOL SHT since when did Razor get cocky...

Im pretty cocky but i dont go as far as saying ill win both singles and doubles 1st place tho :O

Especially if i gotta face Baby Yoker..

PS: Im lookin to play some Melee against some legit competition this weekend too...

-BC-

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
I am winning both singles and doubles with Kit. There will be no shenanigans from me this time.

DISCLAIMER: I will be using characters at this tournament.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Razor, you're doing friendlies with me on Saturday! I needs me some MK practice, something fierce.
Sounds good, my mk has gotten very fierce lately. Something happened during pools in oshkosh and I have been playing the same since. I am just a lot better I don't know how to describe it.

EBF

Smash Cadet
Toradora Episode 24 sent me raging throughout the week.
It was fucking BAD!

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Well heres the plan... CBK and I will be there friday night like... Almost all night lol..

The next day ill drop CBK off around tourny time and then head off to work... He will be there but ill be at work and wont come back till about 11pm :ohwell:

-BC-
well wouldnt it be easier if CBK just stayed the night over at teh jokers on friday? i mean it would save u a trip to driving to jokers house just to drop some1 off. im just sayin

fun a MK user (^^;). i decided that im gonna pick up MK just for faggatoryness. ima be playin wolf, snake, kirby and now mk from now on (^^;).

dont forget that she's also Mizore Shirayuki from Rosario to Vampire. Rei is a very popular seiyu, she's in so many anime its mind boggling (^^;)

well the light novels are still goin and its pretty unconform wheather or not they are gonna make a 4 seasons or not. there is still a chance that they will just stop at season 3 and not make a season 4 but i cant really say

toradora was pretty real until episode 24, did anyone else think that episode sucked shit?!
ya'll should watch clannad :D

people getting buck after the tourny?
clannad is pretty legit, i havenet seen the entire after story yet since i've been pretty caught up in d.gray-man right now. freakin 103 eps and ur long ness. im only on ep 23 of toradora and from what everbody says, ep 24 must suck bad so i'ma just wait and see how bad that ep is

Is clannad good, i have heard quite a bit about it, but never heard from someone who has actually scene it.
clannad is pretty good, kudou watches it too
i recommend it
yeah, i've seen the entire first seasons and its pretty good. im only on ep 15 of the after story cause of other anime getting in the way but over all, clannad is pretty good

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Joker and Bone, I'm going to need your video editing expertise lol. When I ripped the DVD, it lost some quality. Not that bad, still looks pretty good. Then I convert it on Vdub, little pixelly but still nothing that bad. Then I put it on youtube and it just ***** the quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDI4QovOriY&feature=channel_page

I've been using the FFDshow codec, exporting as AVI and all. I tried to render in Sony Vegas as MPEG2 (Youtube says its best) but I'm having issues so far. Sony Vegas doesn't seem to get the sound when I import the vid, and even though I enable widescreen I have no idea what to put for the resolution nor what to do with any of the other settings to get it to look nice on youtube.

I guess I tried to follow Joker's helpful instructions but don't have the same templates/settings and codecs. If theres anything special you use I can search it up. Otherwise I'm okay with the quality the DVD has YT just butchers it for some reason. D:

Top Bottom