• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Joker and Bone, I'm going to need your video editing expertise lol. When I ripped the DVD, it lost some quality. Not that bad, still looks pretty good. Then I convert it on Vdub, little pixelly but still nothing that bad. Then I put it on youtube and it just ***** the quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDI4QovOriY&feature=channel_page

I've been using the FFDshow codec, exporting as AVI and all. I tried to render in Sony Vegas as MPEG2 (Youtube says its best) but I'm having issues so far. Sony Vegas doesn't seem to get the sound when I import the vid, and even though I enable widescreen I have no idea what to put for the resolution nor what to do with any of the other settings to get it to look nice on youtube.

I guess I tried to follow Joker's helpful instructions but don't have the same templates/settings and codecs. If theres anything special you use I can search it up. Otherwise I'm okay with the quality the DVD has YT just butchers it for some reason. D:
HUGE WALL OF ****

Probably went more in detail and not gonna help much. Will probably do a much better job at explaining next time you come over. So if you don't understand just wait.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3383/zzzzzzzzzzzzf.jpg

Well first of all you may want to download AMVapp.
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech/amvapp.html
It comes with a bunch of nice stuff for virtualdub and video editing. Its mostly amv editing stuff. Any way what you are really getting out of it is huffyuv and lagarith codecs.
They are lossless codec so you don't loose any of the quality but they are XBOX huge. So you are gonna need several GB of free space depending how long your vid is.

1. Either way you drop your vid into Vdub then lick "change" under compression.

2. choose lagarith. Huffyuv is good too but never really messed with it even tho its supposedly faster but Lagarith compresses to smaller files.

3. Under video mode, you choose fast compress then bam save it. Then import your clip to vegas with music.

4. Now in vegas you wanna either press Alt + enter or click the project video properties.
Here is where you could make your vids HD for youtube but our crap computer can't run HD files so i haven't messed with it.

5. Under template choose the option I pointed at. This will make the project wide screen and you will see your preview screen also become wide. This of course will the letter box your vid as it isn't wide screen : (

This is where you make the choice to make your vid wide screen to get rid of the letter box but it may further ruin the quality as it will stretch the vid. Just mess around with it.

6. Ok, how to widen screen your vid. In the time line right click your clip and choose properties. On the second tab go to pixel aspect ratio and pick the choice i have. You will most likely still have a little letter box (mine isn't as my source was already wide screen) but just pan and crop then right click to match output aspect ratio. That should be it.

7. As for exporting, well I been too lazy to really experiment. Have exported as shown without messing with audio. And I export as WMV. I know MPEG2 is supposed to be better but I been too busy to mess around and i seem to get decent quality in my vids.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh3wiMEq9Ao&feature=channel_page
And this are the settings I had a while back before youtube recommended mpeg2 and wmv was good for sony/youtube.
The quality I get is probably cause I have a better source video to work then you guys. Really just experiment exporting at different settings.

Again if i lost you just wait till the next time you come over and bring some clips and stuff.

tldr:

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
wow, i just watched that ep of Bleach and it would have to be the biggest load of filler ever. i mean i saw ur point there matt when Kon looks like Ken the Eagle from TvC. i mean seriously come on (^^;)

also whats with the new name color? normal ppl went from yellow to green and i see alot of random color for ppls names. its pretty wheird

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
toradora was pretty real until episode 24, did anyone else think that episode sucked shit?!
ya'll should watch clannad :D
Yeah, but Ep. 25 was too good probably the best one of them all, which by the way now that I have seen Toradora I know the chick in your avatar Uli XP
Also I just got Clannad from Kudou I just need to watch it now, but I think I'll watch Hayate no Gotoku! first then Clannad.

LOL SHT since when did Razor get cocky...

-BC-
When he became the 3rd best MK in the Midwest >.0

And yeah Blank, Bone knows more of this stuff, all I can say is that when I export the vids, YouTube makes the quality crap but then later you get the HQ button and makes it decent, Bone has put a bunch of AMV's and the quality is pretty good, so yeah.

Also this games looks good, kinda makes it worth to have a PS3 now XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDek6SPFuhU&feature=channel_page

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
i've seen those kind of games before. its just like Chaos Wars. both games have the same concept, they import 5 different game series into one SRPG. its plays like spectral souls (typical srpg) so i wouldnt expect much from it. some of the games in X Edge is the same from Chaos Wars, so im expecting that its pretty much the same. i didnt really like chaos wars that much but its was an ok game by preferences. but yeah, im just giving off my opinion on something that i've seen before and didnt really enjoy that much.

EDIT: in that trailer, i really hope that there is a Japanese VO cause those localization dubbing is pretty horrid. chaos wars had the vo over the bad voices. if X Edge has a japanese vo then it would be probably a pretty ok game

Uli

Smash Champion
episode 25 was good no doubt but fuucck episode 24 was like the worse thing EVER.
i think they changed the ending a little bit compared to the actual novel. ill probably read the novel once they are done being translated :3

GREEEEN NAMESSSSSSS!!!

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Helpful stuff

I didn't expect you to go that in-depth. Amazing stuff there. I think I've figured out why sound doesn't work and I'm ripping the DVD again in better quality. After that I think I understand the conversion process and all. The settings and format was what threw me off, but I understand now and hopefully I'll have some widescreen goodness up. Thanks for the help, I gotta get you those textures+models soon.

Green names are cool and Cross Edge reminds me of Namco x Capcom. =X

Also, Joker hasn't told any of you this but if he doesn't win the tourneyment he intends to charge you all to buy himself a new Wii. So sorry guys, I'm winning 1st place in singles/doubles/pokemon tetris.

EBF

Smash Cadet
YOU HAVE TO HAVE AT LEAST 1 LOWER CASED WORD IN THE POST TO HAVE IT ALL CAPS I THINK
caps

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Stealth raptor has been banned. He is our new Tyser!

Nebraska/K.C./Missouri what day are all y'all coming up?

Joker I will be by today, normal time.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
I am sick as helllllll.

Will will myself better by Saturday.
By focusing my chi.
And making my fist a thing
LIKE UNTO IRON.

srsly, though, given current pace my attendance is now labeled as "questionable".

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Whos all showin up to Jokers friday night before the tourny for some games?

CBK and I will be there for quite awhile. We have a new team so watch out :O

-BC-
i kno for sure that Peeks, Zash and I r stayin the night at teh joker's place friday night so u should kno that we're gonna be there. i think that other ppl like blank, love, skizm, etc r gonna stop by i think. but im not entirely sure on who is exactly gonna be there friday night

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
these name color just keep on changein over and over again. i hope that it just stays on one color on everyone cause these random color changes r madness

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Well fuck, my Snake was doing so good today, but then one of Love's "friend" showed up talking trash after a couple of games, I got all mad and told him how he suck, since I was 3 stocking him, so then we had a Match, if I win I'll take the Wii he brought cause mine broke, but if I lose I couldn't play Smash period, Love said to do it since he didn't liked him to begin with and he was sucking.

We play and I lost, fucking sandbagger, I got so pissed and told him to get the fuck out, he call me a Wet Back, so I just lost it, I push him telling him "who the hell you think you are, calling me that on my own home", he didn't stop talking shit so then I started swinging, I even hit Love when he was trying to stop me, but I wasn't going to take his shit. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared and said 'you're moving with your aunt and uncle in Bel-Air

I whistled for a cab and when it came near the licensplate said 'Fresh' and had a dice in the mirror if anything I could say that this cab was rare but I thought now forget it, yo home to Bel-Air

I pulled up to a house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabby 'Yo, home smell you later' looked at my kingdom I was finally there to settle my throne as the prince of Bel-Air

Tacoom

Smash Lord
We play and I lost, fucking sandbagger, I got so pissed and told him to get the fuck out, he call me a Wet Back, so I just lost it, I push him telling him "who the hell you think you are, calling me that on my own home", he didn't stop talking shit so then I started swinging, I even hit Love when he was trying to stop me, but I wasn't going to take his shit. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared and said 'you're moving with your aunt and uncle in Bel-Air

I whistled for a cab and when it came near the licensplate said 'Fresh' and had a dice in the mirror if anything I could say that this cab was rare but I thought now forget it, yo home to Bel-Air

I pulled up to a house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabby 'Yo, home smell you later' looked at my kingdom I was finally there to settle my throne as the prince of Bel-Air
gone old school eh
Just get 7 pounds

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Well fuck, my Snake was doing so good today, but then one of Love's "friend" showed up talking trash after a couple of games, I got all mad and told him how he suck, since I was 3 stocking him, so then we had a Match, if I win I'll take the Wii he brought cause mine broke, but if I lose I couldn't play Smash period, Love said to do it since he didn't liked him to begin with and he was sucking.

I was $hiting my pants until the last sentance of the 2nd paragraph. I am still in absolute shock lol.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman

WOW crack me up dang i was laughing through the whole thing...lol good sh*t man...welp gunna go to bed now CBK OUT!!!:)

Top Bottom