• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

EBF

Smash Cadet
nah read bleach.
not many people know but, its the best manga ever.
Partially fixed and die.

also NE is coming fo sho now, melee is on now kiddos.
you guys should enter aswell , few of us are entering brawl :3
Anyone who isnt Nebraska and Minnesota are too scared to enter Melee.
Although we do have a few brave Iowans.

also melee peeps, i think im going to do pools and just seed everyone from there into the bracket, round robin might take a millenia >_>
sounds good or have any suggestions?
If we have 3 or more TVs we should do pools.
Ill record pools also, people need more footage.
If youre a newb in Melee (cant do basic tech) I wont put up your vids for obvious reasons; if you really think about it, it's just going to be a joke and a waste of time.

Everyone said:
are you going to joker's now tyser?
More than likely, yes.
If my job says no then Im quitting.

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
Good news everybody!

Thursday night brawl might be moving to the ISU campus.
while at the scrub tourney this weekend andy and i talked to the guy who runs the campus group and he wants to get weekly game nights going for individual games. This means bigger space, andy's and sekou's apartments are starting to get crowded. and more people. Hopefully we can get some of them to come to the monthlys as well so we can take their moneis.

Might have a venue for the MW champs here in Iowa... for free.
We still have to go over the details with the college. If we get the OK we can rent confrence rooms for free, which means projectors, lots of space and uber fast internet for all. Sleeping arrangements would be the only problem at this moment.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Elfen, that would awesome. Also, if you ate school's breakfast (or anyone there for that matter) a friend of mine overheard brawl talk and texted me about it. I lol at the small world.

EBF

Smash Cadet
Mindgames!
Also, if you guys can read my post can you say something?
Mods may have screwed me over again, Im not sure.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Good news everybody!

Thursday night brawl might be moving to the ISU campus.
while at the scrub tourney this weekend andy and i talked to the guy who runs the campus group and he wants to get weekly game nights going for individual games. This means bigger space, andy's and sekou's apartments are starting to get crowded. and more people. Hopefully we can get some of them to come to the monthlys as well so we can take their moneis.

Might have a venue for the MW champs here in Iowa... for free.
We still have to go over the details with the college. If we get the OK we can rent confrence rooms for free, which means projectors, lots of space and uber fast internet for all. Sleeping arrangements would be the only problem at this moment.
Thursday games in Ames just got bigger.

Holding an actual tournament in ISU facilities is still a maybe. We'll get details next week.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
this friday is gonna be rocking. im pretty sure that Zash, Peeks, Blank and myself r stayin the night at joker's friday night before the tourney and thats gonna be awesome. sleepover ftw (^^;). if there were more ppl staying over at teh jokers this friday, that would make it even more of a party

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I'm organizing SFIV this time around. I'm bringing my TV with both PS3 and Wii. I'm gonna have SFIV, Brawl, and TvC on it. I'm gonna try to get a recording device for my TV some time this week.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
I'm bringing my tv for melee, hopefully we should have 3 tvs to run pools.

regardless pools should be done otherwise, or RR.

Rolling Rocks? i think i might get some and bring it to this so i can "enhance" my smash abilities.

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
dang that would be awesome if ames started to have monthlys too..^_^
we by no means want to replace or even compete with Joker's monthly. for now it will just be friendlies. If things start to get too big to host in Joker's basement or we need a venue for a large tourney, We are leaving the option of ISU open.

EDIT: If you didn't see this it is pretty sweet http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173489
using an emulator to play wii games at 720

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
An update, Vax is not in Australia, he is in fact here in iowa and is coming to the tourny with me and Zash this weekened.

Tacoom, when me and Zash get our trans lined up i will contact you if you still need a ride, we could give you one.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
I'm organizing SFIV this time around. I'm bringing my TV with both PS3 and Wii. I'm gonna have SFIV, Brawl, and TvC on it. I'm gonna try to get a recording device for my TV some time this week.
so ur gonna bring ur entire setup like u did last weekend. thats alot of things. i want to kind of get into SFIV but i never get the chance to practice nor play

An update, Vax is not in Australia, he is in fact here in iowa and is coming to the tourny with me and Zash this weekened.
so Vax is comming to this huh. i havent seen him since Beezo. well it'll be good to see ppl again

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
oh, i forgot to say, but skizm did u take my white controller by mistake at jokers a few days ago? cause the white controller with the star on it was still there when i left to get Love and u went to take Blank home. my white controller has the arrow on the end colored black. i just wanted to kno if u had my controller cause im gonna need it by this weekend

gantrain05

Smash Master
oh man, Vax? was that the fox player i met in minnesota? that'd be sweet, don't see very many good foxes. i'll have to have some more ditto matches against him.

also i'll be entering everything at jokers, melee doubles and singles along with brawl doubles and singles and any side tournies that may be going on, AND, i'll be taking the first place prize money for all of it suckas.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Think I need to rephrase that. I mean like a big tourny besides this. unless these are big and have a good turnout

EBF

Smash Cadet
Think I need to rephrase that. I mean like a big tourny besides this. unless these are big and have a good turnout
If you mean you guys as in Nebraska/Iowa/Missouri then probably no big Brawl tournaments.
If you mean the Midwest then probably yes except I dont wanna go find it.

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
please define big. The next Midwest-west circuit tourney is on May 3rd in Missouri. That gets a big turnout.

The Joker tourneys get 20-30 people usually.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
oh man, Vax? was that the fox player i met in minnesota? that'd be sweet, don't see very many good foxes. i'll have to have some more ditto matches against him.
yeah im pretty sure that was him. cause at beezo, we both lost 2 a not so good pit player and we both beat a very bad falco player in the brackets. we were pretty close to each other in the brackets

Is anyone playing games tonight? I wanna play more for this weekend! =)
pffffttt, who plays games on a monday? i mean come on, its a monday (^^;)

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Beer Pong at jokers?

J/K joker i know you don't do that lol, but it'd be a blast.
Actually I wanted to drink with you guys last time, but I can't drink before a tourney T_T
We do need to drink some time >.0

If things start to get too big to host in Joker's basement or we need a venue for a large tourney, We are leaving the option of ISU open.
Actually, you think the venue is big enough to maybe hold the MW-W Circuit Championship there, since I'm still in a way looking for a place to host it, I was thinking a church since they tend to be pretty big, plus they have their own parking ;3

Is anyone playing games tonight? I wanna play more for this weekend! =)
Yeah I need to play, since my Snake play has gone bad, after playing with Blank last Saturday, I haven't play my best.

pffffttt, who plays games on a monday? i mean come on, its a monday (^^;)

Top Bottom