• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
If you guys can make it too the sioux, ill be leavin around 230-3.
Ill die for melee, I dont give a Fuck aboot ice or snow.
Ill also be stoppin in ames...
What day, i assume sat. Dude that would be huge. I will talk to Zash now.

EDIT/ Called Zash and me and him decided to die with you, his car is able to make it to sioux city and not much further. But yeah, so is you leaving tomorrow or sat?

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
My place? Lol my house is kinda noisy and I don't have my own room, so I'd suggest we both crash at Joker's before the tourney if you want practice. It'd give us a team to play too, I think Zash and Peeks will make it there tomorrow hopefully.

well i saw love today and he said we could crash at his house but if you want we could go to jokers?

so what goin down on friday any1?
games...^_^

Uli

Smash Champion
Well there is a difference between a john and a physical impossibility. But if you insist on calling johns, how does the physically imossible sound. Is that reasonable.

But for realsies im not sure on the odds of us making the trek down. Our biggest issue is the fact that we are driving other peoples car everytime we go. In normal conditions it generally is not a problem, but with ice and snow that adds to the risk factor alot. Myself going is not risk to myself, but for the guy whose car is traveling 9 hours in the snow and not even in the car is considering this to be a huge risk. Right now we got like a quarter inch of ice and like an inch of snow. It has kind of stopped, but i guess a good assesment cant be made till morning.
no johns!
jk thats pretty legit
but no johns XD

gantrain05

Smash Master
just so u guys know i still want to play melee, but unless i can somehow come up with some money in the next 2 days i'd like to enter a tourney i at least have a small chance of winning money, im still down for tons of melee friendlies tho, and if i do get some money im entering melee 100% for sure.

AsianFlava_Tyser

Smash Journeyman
I hate it when people dont understand what johns are.
If you cant do something because of something else, despite what it may be (no car/ride, school, having sex, got shot/killed/*****/man-*****), it is a john.
Quit getting pissed because you guys constantly john and people call you out for it.
Simply explain yourself.
If that doesnt work (which it wont), then deal with it with an internet battle or call cash battle :-D

gantrain05

Smash Master
If you cant do something because of something else, despite what it may be (no car/ride, school, having sex, got shot/killed/*****/man-*****), it is a john.
Quit getting pissed because you guys constantly john and people call you out for it.
Simply explain yourself.
If that doesnt work (which it wont), then deal with it with an internet battle or call cash battle :-D
i don't get mad when people call me out on johns. im just sayin, its better to tell you guys now than to show up at the tourney and just be like "oh yeah, im not actually entering melee, sorry guys."

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
My place? Lol my house is kinda noisy and I don't have my own room, so I'd suggest we both crash at Joker's before the tourney if you want practice. It'd give us a team to play too, I think Zash and Peeks will make it there tomorrow hopefully.
Yeah you guys are welcome to stay, just remember to bring blankets and pillow, you have seen my basement ;3

we cant wait :) if you wil lhave SFIV going on at the next one i know a couple of people who are dying to play more people.
Most likely we will have it, and maybe Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, but keep in mind, this side tourney is mostly for fun nothing really big.

this could turn out pretty bad like the one time only melee was there XDD
hopefully not
no johns people
no johns..
Yeah that was a sad day, but this time around we can have, TvC, SF4, Magic: The Gathering, Yugioh, and StarCraft!!!

so what goin down on friday any1?
Games, games, and more games, plus maybe I can get people to help with the set ups, to make sure there's enough space for, Brawl, Melee, and SF4, but I just need to figure out a spot for SF4 really.

Well me and Zash are coming down tomorrow with Tacoom, so we three will be there.
Awesome, so then I'm housing you guys, and Bolt? along with maybe Blank, CBK and Kudou right.
Just making sure how many people I should expect, by the way what time are people getting here.

AsianFlava_Tyser

Smash Journeyman
Im talkin about other peoples who john, and its just a heads up for those who didnt understand the concept of a "john."
I havent said it in a while so, "Hi BABY YOKAAHHHH!!!"

§chizm

Smash Lord
Unless something comes up I'll probably show up at like 4-5 today since I don't have work.
Also the Street Fighter movie comes out today. :laugh:

I guess I'll make sure to bring a Magic deck on Saturday as well.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
okay sounds good joker but idk what time ill be showing up???...ummm kudo do you think you could pick me up at like 6:30 or 7 b/c i wont get my money untill then...>_<...but yea i guess ill be sleeping in my clothes cuz i dont feel like bringing extra things to carry....lol but yea ill just put out like 5 folding chairs and sleep on those...:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:..well cya guys later tonight...^_^ oh and if kudo you dont wana leave that late its okay i guess ill ask my sister or something to bring me

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Simply explain yourself.
I wasnt pissed, it was just a joke, that is why i "for realsies" for what i was actually saying. I am full aware of what johns are, me and Zash are the kings of travel johns.

And since ur provoking me to do so, i will kick you with my dick. The end.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
okay sounds good joker but idk what time ill be showing up???...ummm kudo do you think you could pick me up at like 6:30 or 7 b/c i wont get my money untill then...>_<...but yea i guess ill be sleeping in my clothes cuz i dont feel like bringing extra things to carry....lol but yea ill just put out like 5 folding chairs and sleep on those...:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:..well cya guys later tonight...^_^ oh and if kudo you dont wana leave that late its okay i guess ill ask my sister or something to bring me
yeah i could pick u up whenever but im not stayin the night at jokers casue i have things i have to do tomorrow. so i'll hang at jokers for a few hours then im heading back home

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
but i thought that its because that is how he rolled..............................nothing wrong with that.....................................

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
yeah i could pick u up whenever but im not stayin the night at jokers casue i have things i have to do tomorrow. so i'll hang at jokers for a few hours then im heading back home
oh okay that AWESOME thanks man so does that mean ur not going to leave untill i tell you to pick me up?

Top Bottom