• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
I swear if this ice doesn't clear up by tomorrow.......there will be hell to pay.
wow, it looks like northern iowa is gettin hit with some pretty hardcore snow/ice. down here we're only getting rain today, and a few snow showers tomorrow and sat. hopefully it doesnt become a problem for any1.

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
i hope you would be able to beat asc at melee since he doesn't play it.

also, someone should make kit practice melee with me so we can enter hurricane ike into melee doubles.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
whats this everyone is talking trash before the tourny....O_O....lol but yea ill play anybody and maybe win...^_^

also blank i should crash at ur place tomorrow so that we could practice before the tourny huh?
My place? Lol my house is kinda noisy and I don't have my own room, so I'd suggest we both crash at Joker's before the tourney if you want practice. It'd give us a team to play too, I think Zash and Peeks will make it there tomorrow hopefully.

gantrain05

Smash Master
so i may not actually be entering melee at jokers, i am broke, so unless i win money in brawl singles/doubles no melee for me.

Uli

Smash Champion
pretty much lol
but you did say you would enter melee a whilez ago but now you cant
poopy diicks man
poopy diicks

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
KC you should come to this tourney, cause we are too fun....

Uli, Zash.... I think you too are the only ones who have responded to this before but my buddy JB really wants to play others in magic. So if you have your cards in a place to bring, bring them.

I would like to point out I have no johns....

Tyser will you be playin SF4?

Also Joker, Ames wants to play games tonight but I unless you can get a ride in I'm not gonna go up. Sekou said he would be willing to take you home on his way to visit the wife. But you would need a ride up, I am already in Maxwell. I had to come right home. If you don't respond I am going to assume you aren't interested or couldn't find a ride. Regardless I shall be around your place tomorrow.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Awesome, we'll try to keep you updated so you can have plenty of advanced notice. You guys only got to play a select few of us as well so be ready for the full force of Iowa.

Uli

Smash Champion
i guess ill throw my mtg deck into my bag right nowwww
anyone want to fire up some yugioh XD

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I would assume that SF4 will be at the several next monthly tournaments.

Uli thanks dude Ill tell JB he will be excited.

I'm looking forward to playing KC and others. I was so sad I couldn't go to No Koast.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Zash and Peeks. It looks like snow tomorrow now. How many classes do each of you have tomorrow? Cause if you are serious about making it maybe you should leave tonight or early enough that you get here before the snow. We got zero ice here and are only expected to get a few inches tomorrow.

Uli

Smash Champion
stupid yugioh and its ban list changing all the time
who wants to fire up some traditional yugioh, i got all my banned cards ready :3

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Zash and Peeks. It looks like snow tomorrow now. How many classes do each of you have tomorrow? Cause if you are serious about making it maybe you should leave tonight or early enough that you get here before the snow. We got zero ice here and are only expected to get a few inches tomorrow.
Leaving tonight is not a possiblity, unfortunately. The soonest we could leave tomorrow would be at noon. What would that be like Razor?

stupid yugioh and its ban list changing all the time
who wants to fire up some traditional yugioh, i got all my banned cards ready :3
Well if we can make it, I'll bring my yugioh cards. I don't play magic.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
if you can make it?! i thought u guys were for sure?!

i hope people aren't bailing on melee... if they do i'm not entering brawl.

i'm gonna rep my **** in sf4.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Well now we don't even know if we have a car to get there. The guy doesn't want us to borrow and drive it through the snow and ice. So we're working on it. He hasn't completely made up his mind. WE'RE WORKING ON IT.

Uli

Smash Champion
this could turn out pretty bad like the one time only melee was there XDD
hopefully not
no johns people
no johns..

Tacoom

Smash Lord
If you guys can make it too the sioux, ill be leavin around 230-3.
Ill die for melee, I dont give a Fuck aboot ice or snow.
Ill also be stoppin in ames...

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
this could turn out pretty bad like the one time only melee was there XDD
hopefully not
no johns people
no johns..
Well there is a difference between a john and a physical impossibility. But if you insist on calling johns, how does the physically imossible sound. Is that reasonable.

But for realsies im not sure on the odds of us making the trek down. Our biggest issue is the fact that we are driving other peoples car everytime we go. In normal conditions it generally is not a problem, but with ice and snow that adds to the risk factor alot. Myself going is not risk to myself, but for the guy whose car is traveling 9 hours in the snow and not even in the car is considering this to be a huge risk. Right now we got like a quarter inch of ice and like an inch of snow. It has kind of stopped, but i guess a good assesment cant be made till morning.

Top Bottom