• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Twinkieftw

Smash Cadet
yea no problem it was fun having you guys...^_^..oh yea the friendly's were fun also..^_^..but yea come more it would be fun

LOL i said fun alot...-_-
Lol, yeah, friendlies were a ton of fun, especially during our team friendlies with Popo and Me and you and Zash. (Rofl, kept trying to kill my partner 'cuz he started to annoy me <.<)

I hear ya dood. This was me and peeks's second tournament. Nerve racking. But playing you was fun. Your Marth kinda wowed some people. GG's. I don't remember if I played anyone else from your group.

GG's to everyone else that showed up. I'm lookin forward to playing you all again.

To everybody that played in crews: Too real. Judgement wins all. No questions asked.
Yeah, it was definitely nerve racking. I didn't think I'd get what I did, so I got even more nervous as I went up in the Losers Brackets ('Cuz I lost to you, Zash, and your epic sheik =P)

But yeah, I'll try and get the same people or more to come next time, and I'll make sure to get them even more training so they get a higher placement than they did this time. (Which...er...shouldn't be too hard since they really just have to win one. <.<;; )

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
i'm either going to see a doctor about seizures in brawl or i'm gonna play it more because i can't stand having the john of "seizuring" to a game that doesn't require so much technical ability that melee has.

i will be back for brawl, i will rep my falco.

I AM VENGENCE, I AM THE NIGHT, I AM JERRYNERD!

haha razor thats tight about what jbm stands for, i could think of a couple other things... not gonna mention LOL.

Uli

Smash Champion
Tourny Results!! minus BRAWLRAWBRALWRB

Melee Dub Nubs:

1: eggs neggs (aYosh + Echo) ($49.00)
2: Whatever you want to be dude (JBM + Majik) ($14.00)
3: Poop or Sloop (Smeesh + ULi) ($7.00)
4: Destructive Laughter (Joker + Nova)
5: The Electric Something with Punch (BCRF + Popo)
5: Racial Segregation (Yi Sun Sin + Bone)
7: Blue Wonder (Twink + Neon)

Melee Singles:
1: JBM ($105.00)
2: Echo ($30.00)
3: Erupting Burning Fingers ($15.00)
4: Smeesh
5: Dekline
5: Majik
7: Yi Sun Sin
7: Schizm
9: Nova
9: ULi
9: Neon
9: Ayosh
13: Capt. Love
13: Kiwi
13: Twink

SF4:
1: Germia ($31.50)
2: Grog ($9.00)
3: Joker ($4.50)
4: pbj_mixxa
5: Echo
5: JBM
7: Kamig
7: ULi
9: Bone

SHOUTOUTTZZZZ:

Melee entrants: <3
Tyser: I demand to keep my ninth place god daaammnitt!!
BrawlIAns: Fun hanging out withchooo, brawl is lame isnt it blank XD, razor we need more razor challeng, joker is too good nice bison, bone when did you start playing again lol too good, kiwi you should come to these moarrrrrrrr, greg WHERE YOU ATTT, schizjiznizz peaches and cream :3, mtkd yay for coming again :D, CBK lol at your match with tyser, BUTTCOCKK WHERE YOU ATTTT, hurrican your joke was too good, if i forgot anyone else sowwwyyy.
Brawl: i will only play falcon now buhahaha!
SFnerds: too goodd
did i forget something.......
DICKSSSS

MTKD

Smash Apprentice
It was Nice playing all the Melee Players and had fun walking around Broadcasting people to a Friend in Belgium and was nice talking to the Brawl Players, but no brawl for me, me don't like brawl I don't

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Hey Joker did I leave a Wii stand there? I didn't want to take everything because I didn't want to take Peek's stuff without knowing.

AsianFlava_Tyser

Smash Journeyman
So it turns out that the sound on the Melee videos got fucked up meaning all the vids are going to have no sound :'(
I kinda thought it might happen since the red and white things on the TV were kinda just hanging out there :'(
Whatevs though, we got footage.
Im capturing right now so stuff may be uploaded tonight.
If not then it'll be up on Tues or Thursday.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
Random others who showed up: Mduo, keep up your training man. I was flattered to find out I actually have a fan out there. I will give you one further piece of advice to either take or leave. Unfortunately there is no respect for a metaknight player. That is why I am trying to leave him behind with my plumber from the lowest tier. You might wanna think about finding someone else and excelling at them and having peoples respect. Or if you don't care about respect keep meta, either way keep up the training and see you at the next tourney. All others it was good to have you at the tournament keep coming and do doubles next time, that is the best part of the tournament.

<OUT>

yea, i know theres no respect for MK players, but there was a post on this site that somewhat inspired me to keep playing. it talked about how using MK was good for the progression of the game, which is true to think about. when you think about it, if you remove MK from the roster the top tier now becomes snake. there are many techs and other moves that had to be found out extremely quickly to try and counter against MK. without MK the techs may not be as advanced or have been pushed so quickly (and im not saying that snake is bad, just giving a different scenario ><) . so to me i like to see the progression against my character and to know that people have a challenge when facing me, just as i have a great challenge facing many players that know all about what my strategy should be and what i should be doing.

so for me playing mk, im not out for respect, or to win, but rather to watch the progression of the game and see how things move forward. i didnt have time to show you, but i do partially main pit, kirby, pikachu, charizard (lol im bad with the other 2), and sometimes lucas if i can get things right. but ill defanitely work on not only my MK but also my other mains.

thanks again for the tips and showing me some new moves to work with.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
yea gg's guys i kinda did a lame post before b/c i just got home and was pretty tired....lol...but yea blank were def. gunna practice teams more and own up next time...CHUPHAT..^_^...bone our match was redunk...>_<..****ING LAVA...>_<...Tyser our match was awesome too..dude dedede too phat man...^_^...to all the new comers from grinell friendlys were awesome....Zash=Luger ur shiek impressed me alot...PEEKS ur G&M was fun playing aganist at greengreens...^_^...Clovis is a pretty sweet tag but were def. going to rep. ourselves in the next tourny..^_^

Port City good friendlys..its kinda fun playing another diddy play that doesnt spam...lol..Crews ur FUN too....judgment HA...FTILT FTW....lol

but yea GG's too EVERYONE THAT CAME..FUN TOURNY

OH YEA..kudo do you still have my hat...lol totally forgot about it

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
so firing up some shout outs

starting with brawl.
-razor or...clovis O_O good matches with that mario! i'll call you mvp cause you didnt switch to metaknight. a trooper! so what are you calling the razor challenge then?! we'll have to fire that up next time fo sho!
-zash, its pretty cool to meet someone who actually plays sheik. although a little disturbing how you manage to live to 254 on mansion and i'll obviously die with a lower percentage lol. good stuff though!
-blank i thought i was a little fortunate doing as well against you as i did. what happened to that falco?! your kirby is pretty sick. lol i saw you pooping on folks in brawl + good ****! O_O its tough to play kirby against peach, looking forward to some more matches. was fun
-jordan...your G&W did much better this time around than back in october...i think it was. haha an unfortunate way to end the match but you were pretty much wrecking things up. hey dude, i was root'n for ya against joker >.< til next time though...
-joker. nerd. :D good games. you kinda slumped me, good ****! lol. youve come a long way with brawl, and these monthlies are pretty sweet hopefully a lil more outta state action some time again. but you have a disgusting snake, hopefully next time i'll make things a lil more exciting for ya.

lol @ cbk and blank. where'd you come up with chuphat at?!
pikachu FTW O_O :D

good matches for those yosh and me played in teams. sorry i cant remember who exactly it was. it'd be neat if we could get brackets on the boards though and find out :D
im sure that covers my tourney matches. if not, sorry, holla at me :)
im not sure if i played any friendlies with folks in brawl..if i did, GG's :) hehe. good turn out though, hope to see you folks there next monthly.

melee...O_O
first off, teams...uli and me will **** everybody up next time around. guaranteed.
-tysa yousa *****. me and falco have a couple things to work out between each other, but until then...your samus ****s people up. lol i was getting a little frustrated with falcon in that last match..O_o good ****! keep nerdn
-twink, yo. transitioning from brawl to melee is kinda tough. your a lot better in brawl then you are melee. your marth was one of the better ones ive seen at an actual tourney. hopefully next time we can get some matches in brawl now a melee career. fire up some more games dude, melee is the real deal. really, having melee as your main...will cure cancer. :D
-jbm, nerd. didnt get to play you in singles. but...nerd. :p
-mike at least you made a tourney dude. didnt get to play you at all but i saw you nerd'n peach in a couple matches and id like to think jbm pooped you O_o not sure though. :D smursh FTW!
-uli i didnt have to play in a tourney this time around! O_O its freak'n amazing dude. only the last dozen tournies we've been to ive had to play you haha. we're gonna fire up some **** ons next tourney though. easily. get buck dude! O_o
-schizm, did i spell your name right? >.< hehe. you should play peach in brawl dude. :D im sure she'll be a lot funner...is funner a word O_o ****. but yea, she's exciting in brawl. :D those dairs to neutral for edge guarding me was icky though.
-majik, you fired up hella **** ons in teams omg dude. bout time too. cant say the same for your singles :D but you were looking pretty solid in teams last night from what i saw. if i missed something, then by all means, feel free to call yourself a loser. :D but, i thought you did pretty good.
-a yosh, good **** bawrsch! lol. those rests were garbage haha. guess ive never been rested twice on the same stock within 10 seconds...lol.lawlz at the counterpick on FOD. :D hopefully in brawl things may be a lil more exciting for us too. you gotta rep yosh though dude. :p

now im sure i prolly missed some folks, and im sorry =\ i think i fired up some friendlies in melee, im not sure if i did in brawl though. >.< just brawl + (get buck) O_O
cool seeing a lot of folks again. kudos to joker for the monthly tournies and anyone else who might help him out setting these up.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Brawl Singles:

1 - Joker
2 - Jordan
3 - Smeesh
4 - Blank
5 - Twink
5 - Bonehimer
7 - Peeks
7 - ChalazionBoy
9 - Luger
9 - Jlo
9 - Zash
13 - Jimmy
13 - Mduo
13 - Hax
13 - Helfen
17 - Razor
17 - Gommjow
17 - BCRF
17 - Tacoom
17 - Neon
17 - Uli
17 - Schism
17 - CBK
25 - Mook
25 - Captain Love
25 - Drese
25 - Away
25 - Popo

Brawl Doubles:

1 - Why So Serious? (Joker/Razor)
2 - Team Real Team (Kit/Jordan)
3 - Chuphat (Blank/CBK)
4 - Team Titles (Jlo/Luger)
5 - Stars Of Amazement (Elfen/Majik)
5 - Port Ames (Sekku/Andy)
7 - Melee Folk (Tacoom/Smeesh)

I'll do shoutouts later, since I still need to update the first page, plus I'm working on the vids right now too >.0

AsianFlava_Tyser

Smash Journeyman
It's ChalazionBoy!
As in I have a big lump underneath my eyelid that is due to an inflamed gland in my inner eye lid.
Also, all videos have been captured and are in the process of being uploaded onto Youtube.
Ill publicize the videos as soon as they are uploaded rather than waiting until every single video is done then publicizing it.
Be happy :-D

MaJiK

Smash Ace
so firing up some shout outs
-majik, you fired up hella **** ons in teams omg dude. bout time too. cant say the same for your singles :D but you were looking pretty solid in teams last night from what i saw. if i missed something, then by all means, feel free to call yourself a loser. :D but, i thought you did pretty good.
dude teams are just too good, I love the pressure the bad odds everything
it just gets me more interested

Echo

Smash Champion
smursh FTW!
Most Definitely; Smash is too good. I'm glad I came, reminded me of how fun Smash is. You'll more than likely see me at the next monthly.

As far as shoutouts go I only really played with Omaha people... but as far as that goes: Good ****. Fun hanging out with everyone again. SF4 was fun, too.

Tony I gotta agree with Devon on the teams thing, I think that's more you're style. Impressive stuff.

Dekline I only got 1 game in with you but you seem to be getting your game down pretty well. Keep it up, just work on finishing your kills, you already know how to get all the damage done.

and MTKD! Looks like you've been working on your Jiggs, edgegaurding better and whatnot, just dont hesitate for a confident rest. Hard to win without one.

lol oh and just because - ME AND YOSH KINGS OF TEAMS?!?! yeaaahh get sum

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
good shit everybody, it was good seeing every1 again. too bad i showed up pretty late cause i had things to do but yeah. CBK im pretty sure that i left ur hat at jokers, cause before i left i took it off and put it somewhere but i dont remember where, but im positive that i left it somewhere at jokers.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
**** even Smeesh is giving epic shoutouts. Making me feel lame. xD Good stuff in our set man, maybe I'll pull out Falco next time.

This tourney was real, if I forgot anyone in shoutouts I apologize.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Thinking about dropping Pika except in certain matchups (i.e. Cappy, Fox, Jiggz)

Sad face

It's just too easy to walk into the ****, especially against Marth/Sheik/Falco who comprise 75% of all players

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
JBM: we never got around playing SF4, but next time for sure.
Uli: Thanks for doing Melee, and SF4.
Tyser: GGs in Brawl, you still have it.
Smeesh: I still fear Peach because of you T.T
Tacoom: Guitar Hero is too good, now I need to get that game.
Echo: It's always nice seeing you, also we need to play some SF4 next time around.
Majik: It's all good >.<
Jordan: Good $h!t getting second
Kit: I'm liking that Ness
Jimmy: The random Falco guy, I think Hurricane and you need to Brawl for that title XD
Blank: I think our training did pay up.
Jlo & Luger: Good $h!t like always, glad you could have made it Luger.
Andy: I didn't got to play you this time around, but next time.
Sekku: Crews were too good.
CBK: That match with Bone was too epic
Bone: I couldn't believe you were playing, and the match with CBK made it that much awesome.
Razor: Teams were too good, as for Clovis, is going to take a while for me to start calling you that o.O
Grinnell: Thanks for coming down, I didn't got to play many of you, but hopefully you guys can make it to the next monthly.
Shoryuken: Also thanks for coming, SF4 was too good, my first tourney and I got 3rd yay, but come on, who uses a controller instead of sticks.

Everyone else I forgot sorry, but GGs guys, this tourney was pretty big, see you guys on the next monhtly.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
yea joker that match was tooooo epic...but yea do you think you could look around ur basement for my hat b/c i think kudo set it somewhere

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
just to tell you kiwi if anything your harder matchups are gonna be fox/falco/sheik.

marth isn't too bad, and hardly anyone plays marth anymore, its mainly falcon/fox/falco.

joker i'm hosting brawl singles monthlys if your interested in coming, winner takes all 2nd and 3rd get there money back, i guess just go take a look for yourself in my thread.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
just to tell you kiwi if anything your harder matchups are gonna be fox/falco/sheik.
Marth is awful if your opponent is good at spacing... which you and the other NE Marths are

For Sheik it's just kind of dumb of me to stay Pika on a stage where I could be cg'ed so terribly, if I stay Pika in that matchup anywhere it's gonna be FoD

Fox I don't mind as much because he can be chaingrabbed/comboed/gimped a little more easily.

Falco laser control > Pikachu

Was this your second tournament or something Kiwi?
You hardly spoke to anyone at the tournament too :'(
What was up yo?
Just a quiet guy :\ If there was video footage of the tourney you would see me behind most Melee matches looking like a total creeper

And yes it was my second

I should enter teams next time, if only to keep playing long enough to keep tech skill constant (I hope that doesn't sound like a john)

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
yeah i know its tough to get in marth, but some of the best pikas do it like chad. I talked with Chad at smym9 and he told me that he was playing m2k and got him to his last stock and hit him off stage and had him edgehogged and the cloud on yoshi story saved him and he came back to beat chad. m2k himself tells me he hates using marth in the matchup and just goes sheik.

its a tricky matchup for marth. my marth spacing isn't anywhere near what it used to be, or it doesn't feel as good as usual.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Oh and thanks Razor (or Clovis) i appreciate ur shoutout :laugh:

I just know to stay away from the sides on pipes rofl.. get nannerz out and camp middle pretty much i guess, although it cost me my last life when i fell through

Ill definitely need to take off work next time tho. Games were fun even tho i showed up pretty late.

-BC-

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Oh and thanks Razor (or Clovis) i appreciate ur shoutout :laugh:

I just know to stay away from the sides on pipes rofl.. get nannerz out and camp middle pretty much i guess, although it cost me my last life when i fell through

Ill definitely need to take off work next time tho. Games were fun even tho i showed up pretty late.

-BC-
As long as you keep your stupid naners away from me you can show up lol.

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
joker: nice job getting first in everything. i'm never playing g&w against snake again though, so get ready for whatever character i learn because it will destroy you. maybe. well, probably not. if a judgement nine can't beat you i don't know what can.
smeesh: really good games. i thought i was going to 3-0 you and then you just bounced back. nice job.
jlo: your main(s) are looking really good. sorry you got beat by a luigi.
razor (CLOVIS?): nice to see you again, your mario is really good and your meta knight is wayyy better than it was in october. nice job in teams
schism: glad we got to play some super exciting g&w dittos. too bad skyworld treated you so poorly and we didn't have another six minute match.
grinnell people?: don't know which ones you guys were, but it was cool you guys came, you should show up next time too!
tyser: nice to see you again. it's been so long i forgot that you are much more pleasant in real life.
uli: good to see you again too.
peeks: nice to meet you, your g&w was pretty good. especially at landing fully charged up smashes on cbk. you should work on the up b-ing out of shield (instead of rolling) though, it keeps you from being punished a lot.
zash: nice to meet you too. your sheik was awesome. you and peeks were pretty cool people, you should show up next time too!
blank: good to see you again. the games i watched you playing in were really good. also, it was fun playing brawl + with you.
andy: nice to see you again. you guys are pretty good in teams, you just need a little more practice.
sekou: see above. wish you could have shown up for singles.
cbk: nice to see you again, we should play next time though (not just in doubles).
bc: glad you could make it and be in my awesome crew.
jimmy: pretty good, too bad your bracket sucked :( you'll do better next time i promise. you've only been getting better since you've been bro tripping with us and as soon as you learn when the klaptrap comes i think you'll be placing much higher.
kit: next time we should win doubles and you should do way better in singles. and try in crews.

to anyone i missed: my bad :(

to everyone in my crew: good job! we won!

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
BC we need to play more friendlies. After playing BoRn at No Koast I want to play Diddy more often to test new strats. Same goes for Sekou, can never get enough exp with that matchup.

Edit: Also, forgot to say your Luigi was pretty sweet Jordan. =D

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Loubega- your G&W was fun too watch, prolly cause i main him but what evs. You somehow always managed to pull off those double nairs which was just devastating. Im gonna mess around with my G&W for next time. Also you missouri guys are awesome, i dont know how anyone could hate you, i guess iowa's love extends to all.

Jlo -our matches were really fun, i feel really bad that your last death was a crappy sd, but other than that they were good.

cbk- it was good too finally meet you, all of our matches were so close, i look forward to playing you in the future to see how we have progressed. Also work on not getting hit by fully charged up smashes lol.

bc- i am never eating bannanas again.

Joker- thanks for housing like always, our trips to ur house are becoming highlights of my days. Cant wait for more games. Oh and i guess you winning was cool too lol.

Twink- not sure if you are going to see this, but next time your marth is dead.

The rest of the Des Moines regulars- it was real, playing teams on friday with everyone was really fun. Beware next time for team Jackhammer Astro Scissors!

Zash- you are a turd cause im typing this 5 feet from you and you dont even know.

AsianFlava_Tyser

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts since Im awake at 3:46AM for some reason and Im bored:

Iowa Crew:
JBM: Thanks for the ride and the prior Falcon practiced that saved my ass.
Joker: Youre too **** at Brawl dude; Im scared of you now.
Love: Didnt talk to you a lot this time around for some reason plus you left in the middle of the tournament. Anyways it was cool seeing a familiar asian face again.
Nova: When you said wassup and I turned around I was like "OH SHIT!!" It was good seeing you bro. Your Samus has some sexy movement man. Keep playing man, you got mad potential.
Schism: Its always fun having you around bro. Didnt get to play with you but you were doing well. Dont stop playing Melee man, its way too good.
Kudou: We didnt even talk bro. I think we just greeted each other than died :'S Anyways, it was cool seein my asian homie again.
MTKD: Youve gotten better in Melee man and you fired up the legendary "smooch" against Echo which was awesome. IHOP was fun too.
CBK: Our Brawl matches (lolz) were fun (whatever that means). You should have had me but I got lucky. I take what you give me though :-P Next time you'll get your revenge fo sho.
-BC-: Sorry I didnt pick up. Thats just how I work nyukuhhhh!!
Zash: Finally met you bro. Our Brawl matches were close and youre king of Sheik DACUS. Nice meetin you.
Blank: Dude we had a long ass conversation about Brawl (at least it felt hella long). It was actually somewhat interesting though :S I like that youve opened up to us man. Its REAL!
Razor: Always cool having you around man. Probably the coolest Brawl kid in Iowa.
Anyone I misesd (Im a douche bag, sorry): GGs

Nebraska Crew:
Echo: Peach's grabs are broken games. I totally forgot that I could UpB Peach o.O Despite, our games were legit. Always fun having you around. We gotta fire up games more often.
Smeesh: Firing up Falco against the Falco Slayer Tyser? O.O J/k j/k. Our matches were matches as usual lol. Always tough as AIDS playing against you man. Our games were good though. Good games borsch.
Yulai: You thought I was playing like a bitch . . . Im a Samus main, so what? J/k j/k but seriously . . . Fire up that Marth on my Samus man. Broken matchup is broken. Anyways always cool having you around even though we always hang out :-P.
Dekutree: Yosh got you mad and it was funny. Our matches were close as usual. You'll beat me one of these days man. I feel my reign coming to an end. You played well at the tournament though and our WoW conversations on the way back were hella whack but enjoyable. Always good having you around.
Yosh: Always good having you man. Where'd your Yoshi go to? Maining "that Jiggz!" now fo sho I guess. Sorry about the rough bracket also but youre still the best in Iowa man lolz.
Majik: I hate fighting Ganondwarf. Our matches were legit except couldnt get recorded because of Yulai's hilarious hissy fit. I know youre ticked about that but hey, there's always next time. Fire up that NEOMAGIC (lolz).

Out of stage people or more people that I forgot: GGs

Top Bottom