• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

gantrain05

Smash Master
well, if i AM able to make it to this one, i'll throw down some MM's i don't know tho, if its the 20th i got that guitar hero tournament so, either the 13th or 27th works for me.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
13th or 27th for me as well.... and Joker I'm game for the different character mm with you and tyser if he is still interested. I will be metaknight, marth, falco, the other two are up in the air but most likely dedede and game and watch.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Ive decided Im just gonna do normal money matches. No 2v2, no different chars, none of this nonsense. I just want a straight up normal 1v1 money match. $5-10, best of 5. That's all Ill be doing.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Ive decided Im just gonna do normal money matches. No 2v2, no different chars, none of this nonsense. I just want a straight up normal 1v1 money match. $5-10, best of 5. That's all Ill be doing.
i got 2 challenges for ya tyser, i wanna MM your DDD vs my peach, and also your DK vs my ness if your interested, 5 dollars each sound good?

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Hey Razor I'll do the multiple character MM with you. G&W, DK, Pikachu, Wario, and Luigi.

Also, the "Official" Brawl Tier List is out. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=192028
LOL Bowser.

:025:- Iron Tail?
wow, metaknight is above snake, i didn't see that comming, according to the tier list, i play samus who is low tier and fox who is mid tier, but my boy falco is still top tier :).

IT'S ALL LIES................................................................................................................................................................................................................................J/K

imo tiers do exist in brawl

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Don't worry man all u have to do is strike it, cause what i think is going to happen is everyone is going to leave Smashville or Battlefield alone.
I already understand the rules of striking but others may not. You should post wut it means on the 1st page of this thread.

Oh i guess theres one thing i dont know about striking... How do u determine who goes first when picking the stages to strike?

Oh hey ban Onett so Tyser cant infinite off the wall :laugh:

-BC-

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
wow, metaknight is above snake, i didn't see that comming, according to the tier list, i play samus who is low tier and fox who is mid tier, but my boy falco is still top tier :).

IT'S ALL LIES................................................................................................................................................................................................................................J/K

imo tiers do exist in brawl
I agree with Kudou 100%! Captain Falcon being the worst character in the game actually really upsets me. At least Link and Mewtwo had a chance in 64 and in Melee.

gantrain05

Smash Master
iNOOOOO!! Also I think Im gonna fire up my Bowser/DK at this tournament.
WHOA THERE, your bowser huh? im gonna have to ditto you, bowser vs bowser, prolly not a money match, but it should be fun, i haven't seen anyone else to main bowser besides me.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
late shoutouts from me.

cbk: sick pikachu bud. congrats on tearin' me apart in singles and doubles.

hurricane: wario vs falco was some good matches

joker: thanks for hosting and putting up vids

tyser: good meeting u, d3 team was fun to play.

gantrain: omg peach was intense. sux that you suicided.

Anyway, Ames is planning a big tournament late fall or early winter. I'll post more when we get more planned.

-andy

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Awesome schism. I will play the same characters I will against Joker. Metaknight, Marth, Falco for sure and then most likely Game and Watch and Dedede. If I change any of them I will let u guys know. Are you and Joker free any night before the next tourney to do these instead of waiting an entire month? Doesn't have to be a tournament gathering just a few people for these mm and some friendlies :)

§chizm

Smash Lord
Awesome schism. I will play the same characters I will against Joker. Metaknight, Marth, Falco for sure and then most likely Game and Watch and Dedede. If I change any of them I will let u guys know. Are you and Joker free any night before the next tourney to do these instead of waiting an entire month? Doesn't have to be a tournament gathering just a few people for these mm and some friendlies :)
We're both usually free on Saturdays to do whatever if you ever want to come play.
:065:

Tyser

Smash Champion
Well, I thought it stood for Smash Brawl Rankings. The website where all the newb WiFi people creep at.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I'm free Saturday night. I get off work at 4 so wanna play at around 5 or so? Assuming this is ok with Joker that is.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Hey Yoker, are there more vidjos or is that all of them?

EDIT: My Bowser is gettin real deal so get ready. If you guys use Dedede against me your not cool.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Hey Yoker, are there more vidjos or is that all of them?

EDIT: My Bowser is gettin real deal so get ready. If you guys use Dedede against me your not cool.
i won't use Dedede but i might use ganon lol, that match is always fun.

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
Any chance this tournament you're having up here will have Melee?
If there is enough interest we will have everything. The first few tourneys are going to see how things go. With college of 24,000 we hope to get enough interest to make it a pretty big tourney. We should have more info in the next few days.

Also Ames is almost smack dab in the middle of the midwest. It would be sweet if we could pull people from the Twin cities(3.25hr), omaha (2.5hr), kansas city(3.5hr) and Chicago(5.5hr). all but chicago are easily within a days driving distance if we can pull that level of competition.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Joker's Get Together.

So yeah if people want to come over it's fine with me, plus i can play with some of the other chars i been wanting to try out, so then this Saturday. Also if u can bring a set up or two depending on who's all coming please do, cause i can probably borrow a wii from a friend making it two set up so yeah.

And I still have more vids, is just that Youtube was being gay and kept rejecting my vids but I'm still uploading.

By the way I'm running low on recordable DVDs so if anyone is willing to give to charity so that i can use to rec. some of the MM and friendlies, unless people don't care about putting those vids up, in which case it'll be fine.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Also Ames is almost smack dab in the middle of the midwest. It would be sweet if we could pull people from the Twin cities(3.25hr), omaha (2.5hr), kansas city(3.5hr) and Chicago(5.5hr). all but chicago are easily within a days driving distance if we can pull that level of competition.
Its highly doubtful since you are a fairly random smasher in the community (as is everyone from NE/IA). You can try it, but just dont expect a lot.

Top Bottom