• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Dude the smashbus would be so sick. I already know friends telling me about Niko's smashbus, and of course Canada will be on it. =D

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
One of the coolest aspects that im looking at is about meeting new people. I mean being on a bus for a few days with people, ur bound to make some pretty good friends. It will be nice to get to know a smaller group of people going into this huge tourny.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Ya know we can have a smash bush anytime we want because I have a CDL or Commercial Drivers License with both the Passenger and School bus endorsements.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
lol i got u beat, my old laptop, the one that joker is borrowing, has to be pluged in at all time. if the power cord isnt connected, then it wont turn on. the battery is like 5+ years old and needs to be replaced

§chizm

Smash Lord
One of the main problems I see with a smashbus is that it will most likely smell like a giant sweaty ballsack because some people suck at hygiene

MaJiK

Smash Ace
One of the coolest aspects that im looking at is about meeting new people. I mean being on a bus for a few days with people, ur bound to make some pretty good friends. It will be nice to get to know a smaller group of people going into this huge tourny.
or some pretty bad enemies you gotta share a ride home with :laugh:

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I've already saved some money up, I just obviously need more for food and things. Either way, I like the smash bus idea because the people who are going to be there.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Even if some other way would be cheaper, i think i would still go for the smashbus, cause when im telling someone about this tourny someday, it would be awesome to say that i took a thing called the smashbus to cali rather than simply saying "yea i once took a flight to a tourny, me and thousands of others before me."

I crave EPICNESS!!!!!

Tacoom

Smash Lord
+ 116

Bad news joker,
I lost my DS charger some time ago within the last 3 weeks.
(That means I cant capture allz thee pokemangs)
I last recall having it at your monthly.

The smashbus thing sounds real deal. But id rather drive myself, it just feels good.
however, im in for the bus

gantrain05

Smash Master
Aww c'mon. How often are you gonna be able to take a charter bus filled with smash? Just start saving now Jlo. That's what I'm doin. You can't make 340$ in 5 months?
well i actually have like $800 saved up already, just for whatever, i can afford it, but it just seems like a lot of money, im gonna do some calculating but, it seems to me it would be alot cheaper just to drive down, hell i'd even find a campground and camp out for a couple days, i love camping, and in july in california the weather is bound to be nice.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Good times are ahead gentlemen. Me and Peeks are definitely coming down this weekend. NO JOHNS. NO COMPLAINTS. Everybody should go to Joker's this weekend if they were not planning to do so already.

Btw Joker, can we stay at your place this weekend?

gantrain05

Smash Master
4rlz man. It'd be awesome to play your peach again. I need training. Me and Peeks can only do so much by ourselves.
you might be seein more of luigi and DK, mainly luigi, cuz i want to train him up for me and razors mario + luigi team, he's pretty good right now, he just needs some training in diversity.

Nyaaa

Smash Apprentice
I couldnt help but notice that the rules dont say anything about locks and infinites. Is this fo reals?

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Fake. Wrestling is a joke. He reacted way too soon to know if he did anything severe, and Mcman's wife wasn't actually crying. If she was, then she is the driest crier I've ever seen.

Back on topic, Games this weekend will be sweeeeeet. Especially if everyone shows uuuuup.

Nyaaa

Smash Apprentice
Uhhh, that was his daughter I thought. Itd be kinda awkward if his wife called him Daddy lolz.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
lol i got u beat, my old laptop, the one that joker is borrowing, has to be pluged in at all time. if the power cord isnt connected, then it wont turn on. the battery is like 5+ years old and needs to be replaced
Still it gets the job done, which by the way how much is it to replace the battery, cause I may buy one, if I end up getting this laptop from you kudou.

Aww c'mon. How often are you gonna be able to take a charter bus filled with smash? Just start saving now Jlo. That's what I'm doin. You can't make 340$ in 5 months?
So that means I need to start wining more tourneys then XP but the smashbus sounds awesome, unless Razor can get a bus somehow, then I'm riding the Razor Bus.

Bad news joker,
I lost my DS charger some time ago within the last 3 weeks.
(That means I cant capture allz thee pokemangs)
I last recall having it at your monthly.
Well that does suck, if you left it here do you know where could it be, also can you buy one at gamestop or what not if it isn't here, but either way I have a charger you could use here, if you want to battle.

Good times are ahead gentlemen. Me and Peeks are definitely coming down this weekend. NO JOHNS. NO COMPLAINTS. Everybody should go to Joker's this weekend if they were not planning to do so already.

Btw Joker, can we stay at your place this weekend?
Oh hells yeah, I was wondering when you guys were thinking of coming down again, or finally show up XP but yeah you guys can stay this weekend.

you might be seein more of luigi and DK, mainly luigi, cuz i want to train him up for me and razors mario + luigi team, he's pretty good right now, he just needs some training in diversity.
Wasn't there a team with Mario/Luigi, team Fist of Fury, but those guys never showed up again sooooo who cares, also everyone plays with at least 1 low tier char, cause they are so fun.

I couldnt help but notice that the rules dont say anything about locks and infinites. Is this fo reals?
I'm assuming mine right? but yeah I haven't updated them for a while, since is still the same,now the reason why there isn't anything about locks or infinites:

Locks such as the Lazer or Ice Lock, they keep pushing the char all the way to the end of the stage and they just fall off, and because projectiles do less damage the further it is, damage turns out to be around 20% or so.

As for Infinites, there isn't that many chars who can do them, I think I should change DDD grab against the 5 chars to like a couple regrabs, I think Ice Climbers grabs any of them are legal, since they are actually doing different stuff in between to accomplish them, plus it takes time to learn ;3

The thing about wrestling, is that is not fake, but rehearse, they do pull some punches back, but when someone does a suplex or what not, that's real, however Randy did hit McMahon for real, you can tell cause for one Randy is surprised, notice how Randy is all mad at McMahon but then he acts all worried, 2nd you hear King tell someone to get help, but if they actually follow the script, help wouldn't have come until Randy left the ring, 3rd the referee jumps into the ring to assist him. I only know all of this stuff cause I love wrestling back in the day, plus I used to Backyard Wrestle.
Also here's another lol moment in wrestling, that tells the whole thing is script:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7yP-T3ZCsg

and Mcman's wife wasn't actually crying.
Lolz that's his daughter by the way. And yeah she is worried, but the show must go on, so they have to keep acting.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Awesome you guys are gonna come down, I'll be there. I'm actually gonna go to Jokers today after classes. I can't foresee anything getting in the way at this point so I will be there around 3:30-4. Also I think I will be there tomorrow since I only have one class.

We should get a smash RV as well, rent that thing and just drive all around to different tournaments....

I was talking to Sekou and he plans on showin up Saturday night as well so this is gonna be intense.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
What are the expenses for the trip besides the tourney?

Edit: JBM, how do you waveshine properly? My waveshines are short. =(

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
the expenses for the tourney would be food and gas basically, we might get a hotel so that is an expense.

my waveshining is ill lol, idk i play marth so i focus on long wavedashes to space for tipping so ur best bet is to just practice them.

also boo for bleach being filler this week for the episode.

Uli

Smash Champion
the expenses for the tourney would be food and gas basically, we might get a hotel so that is an expense.

my waveshining is ill lol, idk i play marth so i focus on long wavedashes to space for tipping so ur best bet is to just practice them.

also boo for bleach being filler this week for the episode.
dude i hope they do fillers in bleach for like a year like they did naruto
how the hell did they do the transition to fillers?!?!?!

we need to crunch some numbaa's for smym, we will do it tomorrow at iando's

bralwralwrblarblawbrlawrlawbralbrawl

Top Bottom