• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Japanese brawlers are the best brawlers, they dont camp, they will ATTAACKK YOUUU AASSSSSS!
as far as ive seen
Than Wario's placement makes even less sense! He has one attack that doesn't want you practically overlapping them!

Man, the 28th seems so far away. Maybe we'll pop in for a weekly?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Guys, can we talk about the Japanese tier list for a second?

G:Ganondorf
First of all, Lolz at Ganon being his own tier G = God tier

And yeah, them Japanese are really aggressive, I love that playing style.

yo blank fire me up some marth vidjos
I saw this vid I while back is a pretty good Marth vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqNUpqy_L9Q
There's other one with a guy name Drago, but their vids are pretty good reference, but you should keep an eye on Azen.

Man, the 28th seems so far away. Maybe we'll pop in for a weekly?
It's actually a whole month away, I'm always up for some games.

Also Skizm, I left my DVD recorder on your trunk, I'm just forgetting shit, first my Wii and now this T.T

Uli

Smash Champion
yeah that combo video was ridiculous as in most of that stuff will never happend XD
the only thing i liked was the foot stool dair, i did that to you on accident when we were playing except it was on stage.
Ive been look at azens marth, its real deal

also blank what was that crazy tech you were talking about with marth found my ninjalink i think?

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Kit, Jordan, Cook, Nicole whoever is all included in that interest for coming soon. Definitely come up.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
yeah that combo video was ridiculous as in most of that stuff will never happend XD
the only thing i liked was the foot stool dair, i did that to you on accident when we were playing except it was on stage.
Ive been look at azens marth, its real deal

also blank what was that crazy tech you were talking about with marth found my ninjalink i think?
I think you mean Ike. Its just the way he moves around, I was trying to do it but Yoshi's isn't the best place to show it off. :ohwell:

Check it here. Does it in this match a lot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDcq1Rp02Eg&feature=channel

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
in that vid that blank put up, im pretty sure that ike owned a really really really bad marth player. he was just bad, no spacing, no mindgames, nothing. he just took everything.

Uli

Smash Champion
in that vid that blank put up, im pretty sure that ike owned a really really really bad marth player. he was just bad, no spacing, no mindgames, nothing. he just took everything.
yeah i knew the marth was bad but the way he was moving was ill bill dude.
when a player has sexy movement you no he's good

Secks.

Smash Ace
Yeah so I think I accidentally put my orange sticks in someone else's backpack .... I don't need em but It would be cool if someone could let me know and give them back eventually. Or if someone saw them let me know.

Nyaaa

Smash Apprentice
Yulai is getting off to Brawl. This is a sign of the apocalypse.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Who is this man who poses such soul-stirring and thought-provoking questions?

P.S. prbly answer him plz
I am the great sage of upper left iowa...

Actually im Peeks, been to Jokers once (should have been 3 times now :urg:), but im just getting into the competitive scene past couple months and trying to go to as many tournies as possible.

So ya got answers for me?:)

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
I am the great sage of upper left iowa...

Actually im Peeks, been to Jokers once (should have been 3 times now :urg:), but im just getting into the competitive scene past couple months and trying to go to as many tournies as possible.

So ya got answers for me?:)
Haha, I'm actually one of the Kirksville coordinators. So, uhm, yes I am definitely gonna be at the V-Day tournament.

gantrain05

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enWMkoJMxN0&feature=related

if thats supposedly the second best pro peach player in america, i don't see any reason why i couldn't compete at that same level =/ i play dark.pch all the time on wifi, and he plays wifi like 10x more than i do and we go like 50-50 i need to take my peach to some tourneys with some big name players, same goes with alot of us here in iowa, we def gotta make the trip to genesis.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Play Melee please.
actually i love playing melee, i just don't have anyone to play with, i suck pretty bad, i only know the basics, like i can wavedash and L-cancel, but some of the crap i see you melee guys do is just crazy, i'd play with you guys but you'd just laugh at me lol.

Uli

Smash Champion
actually i love playing melee, i just don't have anyone to play with, i suck pretty bad, i only know the basics, like i can wavedash and L-cancel, but some of the crap i see you melee guys do is just crazy, i'd play with you guys but you'd just laugh at me lol.
holla at us if you want to play melee dawg
ill holla at you for some brawl

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Dude Jlo you got to be creative with Peach. Watch Sky, his Peach is sick.

Just when you think hes done barraging you he just floats back and combos. Full jump Dair to floating Bair is hawt. I think he was a little heavy with the dair this match though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bvl5PHagos&feature=related

Brawl is all about learning matchups though man. You can't expect any transitive properties to go on just because you can compete with one person. Wifi is just a different game too, but its cool you're practicing.

I'll be bringing Brawl+ next monthly. I want to see some real smashers do something with it lol.

Edit: Tyser teach me Luigi? =D

Edit2: Melee that is <_<;

gantrain05

Smash Master
holla at us if you want to play melee dawg
ill holla at you for some brawl
next monthly i'll probably play alot of melee, only after the brawl tourney of course, i don't wanna be messin up cuz im mixin up the games lol. i might even go so far as to enter melee singles, if im lucky enough i might not get last =P

gantrain05

Smash Master
Dude Jlo you got to be creative with Peach. Watch Sky, his Peach is sick.

Just when you think hes done barraging you he just floats back and combos. Full jump Dair to floating Bair is hawt. I think he was a little heavy with the dair this match though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bvl5PHagos&feature=related

Brawl is all about learning matchups though man. You can't expect any transitive properties to go on just because you can compete with one person. Wifi is just a different game too, but its cool you're practicing.

I'll be bringing Brawl+ next monthly. I want to see some real smashers do something with it lol.

Edit: Tyser teach me Luigi? =D
oh man, blank i know what your sayin with peach, i think i've practiced every single little detail i've ever seen any peach player do, i've watched so many peaches styles and learned the methods, i've spent like 4 hours strait before just watching vids of sky, dark.pch, edreeses, dekuu, airghemi, and even ninjalink, i KNOW how to do everything with peach, its just when i get into a match i seem to fall into a pattern, i need to just mix it up.

Nyaaa

Smash Apprentice
I can teach you a little bit of Luigi stuff I guess. I mained him for a whole week or two. To start off, watch vids of Ka-Master and Pakman to get the gist of the main matchups (high/top tiers) then read some misc stuff on the Luigi boards like how you gotta charge up his tornado in order to make it rise and stuff like that. We could fire up games at Joker's next time, just ask me dude. Im king nerd after all.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Those are all some tricky Peaches lol. I guess all I can say is you can't expect to just pressure all the time. Sometimes you just have to play like Azen's Peach, careful spacing and all. I don't think there are vids of him up yet from Cat4, all I remember is his Peach vs. OBM's G&W and I don't know if they saved it.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Those are all some tricky Peaches lol. I guess all I can say is you can't expect to just pressure all the time. Sometimes you just have to play like Azen's Peach, careful spacing and all. I don't think there are vids of him up yet from Cat4, all I remember is his Peach vs. OBM's G&W and I don't know if they saved it.
yeah.....G&W is tough, but if you play patient peach can deal with him and its not too bad, you can actually even bait his turtle alot and counter with toad to make him stop usin the **** turtle so much... i never do it tho because i never think to use toad when im actually playing =/

but anyways tyser, you gotta teach me how to play a pro doc, i mean i play him, but i can't say im good, i don't really know how to control him yet lol.

oh and melee is always hard for me after i play brawl, i get used to the buffers in brawl, then when i play melee i feel like my char isn't doing what i want him to do lol. and i always think i can do a running Usmash in melee, but it just doesn't work lol.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I can teach you a little bit of Luigi stuff I guess. I mained him for a whole week or two. To start off, watch vids of Ka-Master and Pakman to get the gist of the main matchups (high/top tiers) then read some misc stuff on the Luigi boards like how you gotta charge up his tornado in order to make it rise and stuff like that. We could fire up games at Joker's next time, just ask me dude. Im king nerd after all.
Yesz. You did everything I wanted to do with Fox lol. But yeah I really don't know how to recover with him. I just slide off and around platforms comboing his aerials, all I can carry over from Brawl. I'll try to play more Melee at Joker's too.

Alright, no school for me tomorrow but I should proly still sleep so peacez

Nyaaa

Smash Apprentice
but anyways tyser, you gotta teach me how to play a pro doc, i mean i play him, but i can't say im good, i don't really know how to control him yet lol.
My Doc is kinda garbage as I dont know what to do half the time, at least when Im fighting against JBM and Smeesh. Ill help as much as I can at Joker's though.

Top Bottom