• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

gantrain05

Smash Master
My Doc is kinda garbage as I dont know what to do half the time, at least when Im fighting against JBM and Smeesh. Ill help as much as I can at Joker's though.
yeah, my biggest problem is figurin out how to get inside of chars like marth, i just seem to have alot of trouble gettin inside his sword, im not too bad at docs gimping game, but the only problem is that docs recovery is so **** i end up gettin gimped just as bad half the time =/

Nyaaa

Smash Apprentice
Against Marth, spot dodge your ass off because if they are aggressive instead of campy, their spacing is going to be god awful meaning you'll get a free grab. Dont try to have an air battle against Marths because you'll lose 100% of the time. I tend to do this 100% of the time because Im bad at taking my own advice. As for recovery, if you get blasted Yonderweiss, then PTP first. The key to Doc's recovery is to not use your jump immediately, if you do youre as good as fucked. You wanna use your jump when youre closer to the stage so you get as much horizontal push as possible. But yeah, I dont play Doc much anymore, half the stuff I say is nonsense but take it to heart if you choose to :D

Forgot to mention Doc's weird UpB sweetspotting shit but I cant really explain it so Ill have to show you or you can go look it up. Its good to know.

gantrain05

Smash Master
yeah i'll probably just end up playing ganondorf anyway, theres hardly anything technical about him, if you can L-cancel and space well your gonna get KO's lol.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Mario's recovery isn't as terrible as Doc's.

He doesn't fall as fast and the cape actually halts his descent momentarily instead of just slowing it down.

But yeah it's still pretty bad.

gantrain05

Smash Master
For realsies

If it's bothering you too much you could always use Mario, but then you lose your all-around coolness points

Speaking of coolness points... everyone should pick up Game and Watch
eh, i could use mario, but i just don't like the way mario "flows" i just can't seem to combo as well with mario, i dunno, its like i can even combo off of docs dash attack lol. i just like the doc.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Joker, turns out I couldn't make it today. I had to come right home. The mailman said we need to clear the area in front of our mailbox or they aren't going to give us our mail anymore so I had to come home to do it. I hopefully will make it someday this week.

§chizm

Smash Lord
I want to go but I know my car most likely won't be able to make the trip, and I don't think anyone else in Des Moines is going to drive.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
So the smash bus is that is going to Genesis is taking I-80 the whole way. The total cost for a roundtrip is $340 to include lodging, and they are still working on more sponserships to help with cost more. Me and Zash are pretty sold on this idea. Just wondering what you all think. Cause this would eliminate anyone driving and getting cars lined up.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
its on the genesis thread (dont know how to send a link) but its in the tourny lists somewhere, they have been discussing details the last like 5 pages, but the head of this bus idea is working on getting a web site up for it soon.

Top Bottom