• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
But it all depends, gas in the summer will more than likely shoot up. If we have enough people to split it up and a good car though, it prolly could be cheaper to drive. Its really a crappy situation, cause plan tickets will go up with the gas, but we cant predict how much and when gas will go up, but if we want to fly we would have to get our tickets now while gas is still cheap. More or less its a 50/50 with on going the cheaper route.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Well I decided if I'm going, I'm hitching a ride from someone. I visiting my Cousin in Hawaii this Spring Break and I probably won't have enough money for another airfare.

Uli

Smash Champion
oh god canada is yonder!

driving to Genesis is going to be a pain XD
should be fun though

who is coming to jbms this weekend?!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?
schiz? kudou? mtkd? blank?

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Well I decided if I'm going, I'm hitching a ride from someone. I visiting my Cousin in Hawaii this Spring Break and I probably won't have enough money for another airfare.
goin to Hawaii during Spring Break huh, well ur gonna have a ball drinkin there arnt u

oh god canada is yonder!

driving to Genesis is going to be a pain XD
should be fun though

who is coming to jbms this weekend?!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?
schiz? kudou? mtkd? blank?
canada is quite a ways away, and genesis is also a ways away from us. i might be able to go to jbm's, but it depends who from Des Moines is goin.

MTKD hates life right now.
everybody hates life, it just depends on how a person handle it

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
No drinking. My Cousin is an older person. We'll be doing Cardio all that week I'm over there. I like warm weather to get in shape. =)

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
lol, cardio

its a joke until u have dense muscle mass.
finally some1 that know whats he's talkin about. fairly few people knows what it take to get strong. i have to get back in shape for track and field so im like doin a lot of body weight comp. to get get back in shape, also im doin some hardcore core and olympic lifts to strengthen my upperbody, lowerbody, and everything else with the olympics lifts. of course im doin a lot of other lifts besides core lifts and olympics lifts

I rather get rid of my stomach fat before pumping iron.
u dont lose stomach fat by doin a lot of cardio and a lot of abdominal work. cardio raise ur stamina and endurance, and abdominal work just strenghten ur abdominals, it dosnet necessarily gets rid of the stomach fat, but makes the muscles under it stronger. it takes a good diet and a full work out to lose fat. im just sayin since i had to learn about things like this before

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
good diet, cardio, and working ur abdominals with weights will increase your progress in getting a flatter, more lean stomach.

also, if your lifting weights your metabolism increases greatly as well as your testosterone levels which helps increase the amts. of muscle mass you can gain.

train your whole body and do cardio, seriously, you will wish you had listened to me if you don't, ur just gonna be a guy who has a flat stomach but no muscle lines at all.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
I gotcha JBM. I just gotta make a workout list.
i could hook u up with the advance workout sheets at my school that they have for people that go out for sports, but it involves u useing weights u could find at like a local gym or something so u gonna have to go to like a gym somewhere and use their machines and stuff. i used that workout sheet when i was in football for the last 4 years and for track for the last 3 years. so i work pretty well if u follow through all the sets x reps and have a will to get better

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
i could hook u up with the advance workout sheets at my school that they have for people that go out for sports, but it involves u useing weights u could find at like a local gym or something so u gonna have to go to like a gym somewhere and use their machines and stuff. i used that workout sheet when i was in football for the last 4 years and for track for the last 3 years. so i work pretty well if u follow through all the sets x reps and have a will to get better
Problem is I can't lift that much weight, but that would be cool if I could get that workout sheet.

Malumvolo

Smash Rookie
...yes. Start the move, press down-right or left on the analog stick, and mash up on the c stick >.>

Google is amazing, is it not?

Malumvolo

Smash Rookie
I am going to try, I live about 2 hours north of Des Moines. Ill have to make sure I can get the day off from work and all that stuff.

If I do come, I can bring a wii, controllers, and possibly a TV if you need it.

Malumvolo

Smash Rookie
Ive been wanting to go to a tourney forever, I never thought Id be able to find one in Iowa =D

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Problem is I can't lift that much weight, but that would be cool if I could get that workout sheet.
even if u cant lift that much, everyone has to start somewhere. if u dont lift then u dont get stronger

What happened here?...

And Malum you coming to the next tourney?
i think that some random guy thinks that he's hot stuff

Holy hell, what is going on? I leave for a couple hours, and this phoneybread guy (Tyser?) spams like it's his job lol.
no one can spam like tyser, i mean come on tyser got like 4 accounts banned. i have no idea who this guy is

Ive been wanting to go to a tourney forever, I never thought Id be able to find one in Iowa =D
well then u havent looked hard enought

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
JBM that part in DBZ is amazing!!! I love piccolo, my favorite character. Prolly one of my favorite scenes in DBZ. Along with Piccolo vs 17 and Tien holding cell back with the tri-beam.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Is anyone wanting to play some games this weekend, I kinda wanted to have a Brawlfest, but if no one is up to it, I'll probably go to JBM's instead, I think I'll play Melee too, or I'll just play some TvC.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Is anyone wanting to play some games this weekend, I kinda wanted to have a Brawlfest, but if no one is up to it, I'll probably go to JBM's instead, I think I'll play Melee too, or I'll just play some TvC.
If you decide to come with me I would like to know by tomorrow when I see you if possible.
Also, I guess Love decided he isn't coming, and Fall is being a bitch and not answering my texts.
Kudou were you planning on going still?
Blank, did you want to come?
Also, we definitely ARE bringing TvC with us to JBM's tourney.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
+33

Holy hell, what is going on? I leave for a couple hours, and this phoneybread guy (Tyser?) spams like it's his job lol.
It is his job...
Hey Joker just to let you know, this thread is aboot to past The Original Omaha "5 Guys and A Yosh" thread, (That tyser spammed closed >_<) in post.
Your 5th in #, Its 3rd

Top Bottom