• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Hey joker, and anyone else this pertains to i guess, are you going to the tourny in MO on the 21st or wherever that is, cause me and Zash are interested in it, and if ur going we could meet up in Des Moines and work something out.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Did anyone in Iowa end up going to the Championship thing that Anther *****?
Nope. I really didn't want to drive to it and no one else wanted to go. :laugh:

Majik is that Shredder in your avatar?

I don't know if we're going to the Kirksville tourney or not. It depends on whose interested and if someone other than me would be interested in driving. :bee:

Also, who all was planning on going to JBM's tourney this saturday, I'd kind of like to know for sure who (if anyone) is going with me.

gantrain05

Smash Master
us iowa folks have better things to do than go to some "midwest championships" crap....we all know joker woulda won anyways so we just saved gas by not going.

oh, btw, stupid DK boards think DK got the advantage over peach =/ i get way too into these character matchups, but from personal experience, pretty much maining both chars, and watching like a thousand vids of peach vs DK matches, all the DK's can come up with is "DK lives longer and KO's better, so therefor its DK advantage" >.>

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
us iowa folks have better things to do than go to some "midwest championships" crap....we all know joker woulda won anyways so we just saved gas by not going.

oh, btw, stupid DK boards think DK got the advantage over peach =/ i get way too into these character matchups, but from personal experience, pretty much maining both chars, and watching like a thousand vids of peach vs DK matches, all the DK's can come up with is "DK lives longer and KO's better, so therefor its DK advantage" >.>
Lol, well just prove'em wrong then Jlo.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
How about we all quit life and just play games the rest of forever, then we dont have to worry about silly dates.
Man I been doing that ever since my dad bought me a Nintendo way back in the day, and I have never left my sticks go since then X3

I cant hardly get angry at Brawl. I just make fun of its horrible mechanics.
Ok, I agree with you, with the fact that no one really gets mad at the game*JBM*, or to the point they want to trow their sticks down*JBM*, J/K you know I love you mang, in a way that's ok to love another man ;3

Hey joker, and anyone else this pertains to i guess, are you going to the tourny in MO on the 21st or wherever that is, cause me and Zash are interested in it, and if ur going we could meet up in Des Moines and work something out.
Yeah, I was talking to Skizm about it, and Razor was also interested in it, but I'm not really sure if they want to go, since whoever wants to drive is getting gas money, but is all about the drive there, by the way didn't got change to the 14th of Feb. now, or am I thinking of a different tourney?

Alright then I fix the date AGAIN, but yeah is no prob, cause if it helps the OoS people or anyone in that matter, then I have no problem changing the date.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
I have already sworn to Zash that we are going, we are 100% in this and not backing down. Absolutly nothing is keeping us from going. So if others are serious about going, then we should get together in the next few months and get a plan of sorts together and what not. Seriously, this is huge oppertunity to get ur name out there or whatever you fight for.
Lol, watching anime always make me think and talk so epic....But for reals, me and Zash are going.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Kudou and C.Love had a flight plan to that tourney long time ago I think. I'd really like to go just to play a bunch of people.

Nicole

Smash Champion

Yeah, I was talking to Skizm about it, and Razor was also interested in it, but I'm not really sure if they want to go, since whoever wants to drive is getting gas money, but is all about the drive there, by the way didn't got change to the 14th of Feb. now, or am I thinking of a different tourney?
Yeah, we changed it to 2/14. You guys should come! I think we're getting people from KC, Springfield, StL, and hopefully Wichita!

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
that is exactly right, joker would of won and everybody saved money lol

yeah, im gonna have to go out to SoCal and beat up some DK's then head over to NY and put the smackdown on Bum lol.
i saw a vid of Bum's DK in brawl and it was pretty good. Bum was playin a so called "Experienced" falco player and Bum 3 stocked him

Lol do it. You should save up for Genesis and prove a point there. Me and Peeks are goin, that's for hella sure.
i really want to go to Genesis so i can play against NorCal cause i base all my char play style from NorCal players like SS and Lunin

Alright then I fix the date AGAIN, but yeah is no prob, cause if it helps the OoS people or anyone in that matter, then I have no problem changing the date.
just watch, cause i bet that u might have to change it again due to the people's demands lol

So IS anybody here thinking about going to Genesis? We gotta have more IA presence than just me and Peeks.
i pretty much want to go to this but time will tell what will happen, cause i must play with NorCal

Kudou and C.Love had a flight plan to that tourney long time ago I think. I'd really like to go just to play a bunch of people.
well money is the biggest problem for me since its in Cali. i think that my parents r goin to SoCal in the first week of July so my chances r better that i go to AX instead of Genesis, since Genesis is in NorCal. i want to go to both but i still dont know whats gonna happen this summer

I may go. This tourney is really expensive. If anything, I'll go with Kudou just for the Anime Con.
well AX is the first week of july and Genesis is the second week of july. we need to see what we're gonna do this summer

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Wow, there's more people here that are thinking about going than I thought. We should try setting up a plan of sorts. Smashbus anyone? (If it comes to the Midwest, I wouldn't know it's been awhile since I've checked) Or should we all set up a flight when we can know who is all for sure?

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Well flights r a lot of money, I assume that its like 500+ for a round trip there and back. Not including expenses of the tourney and whatever. Also I can think of someone that is willin to drive there and back. So we have to find out a simple solution that will work out for everyone. I have no idea what this bus thing that u r talking about Zash

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Well flights r a lot of money, I assume that its like 500+ for a round trip there and back. Not including expenses of the tourney and whatever. Also I can think of someone that is willin to drive there and back. So we have to find out a simple solution that will work out for everyone. I have no idea what this bus thing that u r talking about Zash
The legendary Smashbus. It's a plan that hatched early on in the Genesis thread that consists of (originally one but now several, I think) a charter bus or buses that will drive through certain states across the country starting from the EC, and pick players up along the way. It will be approximately a whole charter bus of smash and 50 hours there, and entire weekend of smash, and then another 50 hours of smash back. I believe that there is either a plan to get a Midwest Smashbus, or there is already one in existence. The people who started it are (or were) trying to get the idea sponsored by bawls, or mountain dew last time I checked.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well that sounds pretty unique but we in the midwest suck and we would get pwned if we were on that bus lol. but i dont really kno what we r gonna do since money is the biggest issue for most people i think. so i think that the people who wants to go should like get together and figure things out since its a pretty big event that we should go to

Uli

Smash Champion

Also, who all was planning on going to JBM's tourney this saturday, I'd kind of like to know for sure who (if anyone) is going with me.

people should come to jbms!
melee tourny but there will be some brawlage thar :3

i think NE plans on driving to genisis as far as i know

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Yeah, at the next monthly we should get everyone that is realistically wants to go and start forming a plan, and figure out the cheapest ways to get there ext.
well that is if u guys dont john out again lol, but seriously u guys have to make down here for some games

i think NE plans on driving to genisis as far as i know
isnt it like a full days of a drive to get to Cali?

i bet everyone would like to go
soo like 8?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!
well it would be nice to have a lot of people that u kno goin to a big tourney together

I'm flying if anything. Tickets are actually cheap right now till April.
i have never be on a plane so i would prefer a car if any1 drives but i can make do if every1 decided to fly there instead

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Cali is probably 2 days probably because you have to pass through the Rocky Mountains which I'm sure is a bitch to drive through, but I don't know since I never drove there before.

Top Bottom