• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
so does it look like everybody is ok with the 21st?
It seems that way, besides Cook's crew, who can't make it either the 21st or 28th, it sucks, but hopefully we can make it to the one in Kirksville.

Joker, just watched your matches against Disciple, gettin a little cocky there with the samus?
I wanted to try her out, on an actual Tourney match, or play her against some one different, but I still need some practice with her.

Why did I CP Brinstar against Joker? <_>
Your probably just like me, I never know what to CP, so I just pick the most random stage I can think of.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Your probably just like me, I never know what to CP, so I just pick the most random stage I can think of.
Yeah but I had worst reasoning than that. I was like "Hey it has short sides I can kill easier." but I forgot that it helps you kill also and you have the low ceiling for utilt kills. 1 easier way for me to kill, 2 easier ways for you to kill. 1+1=2 and...

Next time I'm cp'ing Japes. I'll probably never have to worry about an utilt kill there, and the water makes it hard for Snake to recover with C4's. Should think more before I CP lol.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
-BC-: ARE YOU SERIOUS! You straight STOLE my style of Diddy Kong play. I watched some matches of you VS your mortal enemy Blank, and I noticed you were fighting with only 1 banana. You weren't spamming it, and you fought pretty well without it. Hell you were even using the pop-gun. Some portions of the match is seemed like you even stole my speed with Diddy. I saw you moving if not as fast or FASTER than i did with my match against Chexr's Wolf. LOL I guess imitation is the best form of flattery. You still got a few things you can add to your game. 1) Stop that silly back dribbling with one banana. It is not useful nearly 75% of the time you are doing it. 2) Use your Side-b more. 3) Be more creative on how you get back on the stage 4) Keep practicing fighting without bananas at all. You are doing really well with Diddy, even if you had to straight JACK someone elses style :-D. When I see you beat Joker with your Diddy then I'll happily give you the title of best Diddy in Iowa.

Edit: After watching more of those matches...I have to take back something i said earlier...you were spamming and you were fighting with 2 bananas most of the time. Therefore I can safely say you did not steal my style completely :), you just use it when convenient.
LOL i was gonna say.. I definitely use 2 bananas as often as i can. I use my popgun more cause it forces characters without projectiles to come to me :laugh:

But i love back dribbling.... It creates mind games too!!

I do need to use my side-b more and be much more creative coming back to the stage... Thanks for the help!! :bee:

Any ideas on other ways of coming back to the stage then? :confused:

-BC-

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Yeah but I had worst reasoning than that. I was like "Hey it has short sides I can kill easier." but I forgot that it helps you kill also and you have the low ceiling for utilt kills. 1 easier way for me to kill, 2 easier ways for you to kill. 1+1=2 and...

Next time I'm cp'ing Japes. I'll probably never have to worry about an utilt kill there, and the water makes it hard for Snake to recover with C4's. Should think more before I CP lol.
Yeah I know, when I CP, I only think of my Char, but when the match starts, I'm like Fuuuuuuuuuuuck this helps them more T.T

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
It seems that way, besides Cook's crew, who can't make it either the 21st or 28th, it sucks, but hopefully we can make it to the one in Kirksville.
Cook doesn't speak for all of us. We just have to pick between Wichita or Des Moines.
Jordan and I could make it 28th, maybe Nicole and some new people.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Keep your matches under 3 minutes and you can save replays. ;D

Don't let it lose you too many tourney matches though.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Cook doesn't speak for all of us. We just have to pick between Wichita or Des Moines.
Jordan and I could make it 28th, maybe Nicole and some new people.
But....it's scheduled for the 21st....so that doesn't really help. Unless Joker rescheduled it, in which case I personally wouldn't mind. It's worth the wait to have more people there. But that's just me. Other people might want it to stay on the 21st.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
So then the 21st or 28th, hmm.

Well, I really like to work the days around ppl from OoS, since they are the ones coming down to the tourneys, this way they can show up, either day works for me. Can't remember who wanted the tourney to be the 21st, but how does the 28th sound now.

Nicole

Smash Champion
the 28th would be much better, if that works for you. you guys should come to the tournament in wichita on the 21st though, i think it's gonna be pretty huge.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
-BC-: ARE YOU SERIOUS! You straight STOLE my style of Diddy Kong play. I watched some matches of you VS your mortal enemy Blank, and I noticed you were fighting with only 1 banana. You weren't spamming it, and you fought pretty well without it. Hell you were even using the pop-gun. Some portions of the match is seemed like you even stole my speed with Diddy. I saw you moving if not as fast or FASTER than i did with my match against Chexr's Wolf. LOL I guess imitation is the best form of flattery. You still got a few things you can add to your game. 1) Stop that silly back dribbling with one banana. It is not useful nearly 75% of the time you are doing it. 2) Use your Side-b more. 3) Be more creative on how you get back on the stage 4) Keep practicing fighting without bananas at all. You are doing really well with Diddy, even if you had to straight JACK someone elses style :-D. When I see you beat Joker with your Diddy then I'll happily give you the title of best Diddy in Iowa.

Edit: After watching more of those matches...I have to take back something i said earlier...you were spamming and you were fighting with 2 bananas most of the time. Therefore I can safely say you did not steal my style completely :), you just use it when convenient.

u know learning like other strategies and then apparently using them when they would work is basically just as good as being good man

I basically stole my gannon(melee) from Aaron and no one seemed to complain then :chuckle:

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Joker expect me today. I had an awful day yesterday that is why I didn't show up. But today I will come over.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Joker I'll probably be up at some point this afternoon for games cause I don't have anything else going on.

Also, no more of this Meta Knight shit.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Seems to me like everyone wants the 28th. I remember Yosh sayin he'd prefer the 28th as well so lets just make it the 28th cause we always want OoS peeps like MO showin up.;)

It should work for CBK and I as well. Guess u had it right the first time Joker... Now u gotta change the name of the thread back to 2/28/09... My bad :laugh:

-BC-

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
first people want it on the 21th, now they want it on the 28th? for goodness sake people make up ur mind, it either one or the other, its not that hard to make a decision

Uli

Smash Champion
Love realistically you should play MK but do what you want!!
so the tourny is on the 28th then?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!!?!!?!?!!!??????

Top Bottom