• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well either one is fine with me, but the week of the 21th is kind of better for me in a way cause i have conferences that week and i only have 2 and a half days of school that week. monday, tuseday and 2 classes on wednesday, so im pretty free on that week besides thrusday

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
well idc, but i think that if we have it the 21st then we should have a sf4 tourney.

the game is comign out that week, and it would be fun to do like a 5 dollar entry fee or for free.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
well idc, but i think that if we have it the 21st then we should have a sf4 tourney.

the game is comign out that week, and it would be fun to do like a 5 dollar entry fee or for free.
Oh shit, this I did not know, we should have one I'll buy it for my PS3 since the PS3 is meant for fighting games, IDK if they sell arcade sticks for the PS3, but I only use the regular controller.

Fuck, now my Monthly line up is going to be:

• Brawl
  • Melee
  • Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom
  • Starcraft
  • Street Fighter 4
  • The King Of Fighters XII(Soon To Come)

MaJiK

Smash Ace
Oh shit, this I did not know, we should have one I'll buy it for my PS3 since the PS3 is meant for fighting games, IDK if they sell arcade sticks for the PS3, but I only use the regular controller.

Fuck, now my Monthly line up is going to be:

• Brawl
  • Melee
  • Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom
  • Starcraft
  • Street Fighter 4
  • The King Of Fighters XII(Soon To Come)
hey man...... how u gonna do starcraft??

also how can SCIV not be one ?
wtf is a tatsunoko?
u know me and dev ain't gonna make most of those before 2pm....4......ok 8:30 let's be real **** happens to us in iowa

lets see what we can do about shooters too hmmm?
or maybe you can take out starcraft and make your monthlies like all fighters

idc i'll show up and rule everyone anyways so w/e

Tacoom

Smash Lord
+12

You forgot Pkmn

Id say the 28th would be best case since I get paid on the 27th and since im trying to go to smym. id rather stop having to ask for every other weekend off from work, Ive been doing so since November for these tourneys

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Eww to SCIV, I can't play those games, but yeah I should make the monthly a whole fighter thing, so instead of SC then Naruto Shippūden: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! EX 3.

Also the 21st seems OK with everyone, so then the 21st it is.

Now I need to reserve SFIV and look up for some sticks for my PS3, and maybe get some for my Wii.

By the way Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, is a fighting game, is the new Marvel Vs. Capcom, but this time is against some old anime chars from Tatsunoko.

Uli

Smash Champion
i agree with having

Brawl
Melee
SF4
Tatsunoko

We didnt even get to paly SC last time D:
KOF looks tooo fuuucking REALLLL man! LOOKS better than SF4
lets throw in brawl+ too lol

seems like the 21st is gonna be the official date??

how do i become a tourny director?!

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
how do i become a tourny director?!
I believe you ask one of the mods, cause I think only a few give the rank, but I think I asked AlphaZelot for it, also you have to send them a PM and show them that you have run a tourney, I think you also have to show them a link to the Tourney that shows you being the TO, I edit the first page, so it show that your the Melee TO, hope that helps.

Hmm the 21st it is then but the name of the thread still has 2/28/09 in it. The first page of the thread also says the 28th. Just a heads up.

-BC-
Fix.

I pray to whatevers out there that i can make this, if not, i fear it may be the end of me.
How about Allah XP, but seriously I really hope you guys can make it

gantrain05

Smash Master
im ready for ur next tourney joker, i been nerdin brawl alot lately, i was over at lugers last weekend, and i was 2 stocking razor's DDD with ganon =P, i think he was getting a little upset, but im thouroughly convinced DDD does NOT have a chaingrab on ganon, ganon seems to hit the floor quick and can spotdodge before DDD can throw out his next grab, so he got thunder stomped every time he tried to CG lol.

Cook

Smash Master
Sorry it took me so long to say this, but I don't think 2/21 works for me. Wichita is having a tournament that day and I think Kirksville may be going to it.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
To get the director you have to go to User CP > group membership and click on director then you put the link to the thread. It would probably increase your chances however if there was a separate thread by you so it wouldn't seem like joker is just tagging your name in the OP to get you director. Also check every so often under your status. Joker was a director long before he used the blue name but didn't realize cause he had to change it himself.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Joker I may make it over to your place today. It will prolly be between 3 and 4 if I do come. I'm not promising anything however.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Dear World,

Jordan and Kit will now be maining Jigglypuff for teams.
Team Real Team gonna take you out back and take you to Pound Town.

Love,
Kit

Cook

Smash Master
Sorry it took me so long to say this, but I don't think 2/21 works for me. Wichita is having a tournament that day and I think Kirksville may be going to it.
I just remembered that I can't go on the 28th either, so I guess I'm probably just going to have to miss this one. For anyone who is at all interested in coming to Kirksville, would 1/31 or 2/7 work best?

PortCity

Smash Ace
-BC-: ARE YOU SERIOUS! You straight STOLE my style of Diddy Kong play. I watched some matches of you VS your mortal enemy Blank, and I noticed you were fighting with only 1 banana. You weren't spamming it, and you fought pretty well without it. Hell you were even using the pop-gun. Some portions of the match is seemed like you even stole my speed with Diddy. I saw you moving if not as fast or FASTER than i did with my match against Chexr's Wolf. LOL I guess imitation is the best form of flattery. You still got a few things you can add to your game. 1) Stop that silly back dribbling with one banana. It is not useful nearly 75% of the time you are doing it. 2) Use your Side-b more. 3) Be more creative on how you get back on the stage 4) Keep practicing fighting without bananas at all. You are doing really well with Diddy, even if you had to straight JACK someone elses style :-D. When I see you beat Joker with your Diddy then I'll happily give you the title of best Diddy in Iowa.

Edit: After watching more of those matches...I have to take back something i said earlier...you were spamming and you were fighting with 2 bananas most of the time. Therefore I can safely say you did not steal my style completely :), you just use it when convenient.

Top Bottom