• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

gantrain05

Smash Master
OH, i forgot smeesh, smeesh man, those peachy dittos were the realest man. my first tourney match ever against another peach and i won ^^ we gotta do double peaches sometime in a tourney tho, unstoppable.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
dont think so

all i know is:

brawl singles
1: joker
2: disciple

brawl teams no idea except i think sparrow and i got 4th XD

melee singles
1: jbm falcon
2: smeesh
3: good falco/fox player forgot name looks like less chubby version of chillindude =P

melee teams
1: jbm/tyser
2: sparrow/flux
3: yosh/chillindude looking guy that i forgot the name of

forgive me if any of this is wrong, just trying to help out x_x

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
yeah in the early set i was taking control alot, then he just went ssj 3 dude and i was like wtf dammit i'm playing a kid who is too pro and lost. o well though it was the most enjoyable set i've ever played in a long time.

wait for the vids, they are good matches.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Thats what I like to hear JBM! We are gonna have mario dittos next tourney too. Cause my Mario will be amazing by then.

Chexr Brawl Singles went something like....
1.) Joker
2.) Disciple
3.) Razor
4.) Kit (Buggy)
5.) BC/Yoshii

and so on.....

Uli

Smash Champion
OFFICIAL RESULTS for MELEE :D

Singles:

1: Smeesh ($98.00)
2: JBM ($28.00)
3: Secks. ($14.00)
4: Erupting Burning Fingers
5: Dekline
5: Yosh
7: Majik
7: Sparrow
9: Flux Wolf
9: ULi
9: Ian
9: Captain Love
13: Schizm
13: Kudou-kun

DUBS:

1: How can she SLAP (JBM + Erupting Burning Fingers) ($49.00)
2: Smash Fiends (Sparrow + Flux) ($14.00)
3: Burns like Herpes (Ben + Yosh) ($7.00)
4: SHRUG (DEKL + ian)
5: Blanks too good (BC + Blank)
5: Yoshiima (Yoshii + Deepak)
7: schiz **** (schizm + uli)

shout outz:
NE smash: <3
MN: only play friendlies with flux, GG
wish i got to play some with sparrowww

LOVE: thanks for housing and everything mannnn :D
Joker: gooood SHIIIIT MAAAHH, i watched your snake for the first time in a while, its fucccking NERDDDD, thank for hosting these!
Razor: congratz with 3rd man :D
schizm: rainbow cruise is the worst, i know you could have done better if the stage wasnt lame
blank: thanks for bringing brawl plus, its too goood
kudou: its a shame you had to greg in singles :\ gotta keep playing man!
mtkd: thanks for the tv and glad you came
anyone else i forgot: sup

Tyser

Smash Champion
Crusty shoutouts:

NE people: Ehhh . . .
IA people: Had fun being around you guys. Brawl was everywhere but it was still fun. Thanks for housing us, Greg.
MO people: Hi.
MN people: Games were fun. Only played Sparrow and Flux but I think theyre the only Melee mains. Ill holler at you guys if Im ever in town for some games.
Everyone Im missing: Good games. Had a good time. I think I spoke to mostly everyone at least one time maybe so Im proud of myself.
Samus: ♥♥♥♥♥

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Good sht MN for comin down!

Games were too good... I was surprised at the number of people that wanted to play Brawl with me lol.. You guys were pretty much formin a line. There were a couple of people i never got to play that asked and im sry... I think it was Cook and Nicole maybe? Lol we'll get those Diddy dittos in next time if you'd like.

Gratz on 3rd btw Razor :laugh:

Not even gonna comment on Baby Yoker..... Lol just messin good sht gettin 1st like usual

-BC-

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
you know i considered playing brawl again but then i realized that i'd have to play metaknight.

m2k>than everyone in world even those who play mk.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
you know i considered playing brawl again but then i realized that i'd have to play metaknight.

m2k>than everyone in world even those who play mk.
And wut if Metaknight were banned? Lol i dont even mind playin metakinght anymore... I actually encourage it. Ive played so many metaknights now ive come to enjoy it.

-BC-

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Anyone see Cataclysm 4? Azen almost beating M2K with both Lucario and Fox, Boss owning with weegee, Ally coming all the way up from amateur brackets and 3stocking his way into 3rd place?

So good. :p

And wut if Metaknight were banned? Lol i dont even mind playin metakinght anymore... I actually encourage it. Ive played so many metaknights now ive come to enjoy it.

-BC-
He probably won't be banned, NinjaLink and his Diddy hype. :ohwell: Your Diddy has gotten scary btw BC. Thing with Diddy is he can get cp'd, while Meta wrecks it up on just about any stage.

If anything, I think Meta is way more OP in doubles than in singles, just no space to work against him. I saw Atomsk/Inui vs. Ally/Holy, it was full of planking that they could do nothing about.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Sorry about leaving unexpectedly last night guys. My shout outs are all in one. I love seeing everyone again and I'll continue to be there to be the happy Asian guy! GGs all!

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
He probably won't be banned, NinjaLink and his Diddy hype. :ohwell: Your Diddy has gotten scary btw BC. Thing with Diddy is he can get cp'd, while Meta wrecks it up on just about any stage.
This is exactly why i must now learn to really start maining Metaknight unfortunately... Cause of stages like Brinstar and Norfair rofl... Its a sad thing for me to say but its the truth.. Oh and ill take that scary Diddy thing as a compliment ;)

-BC-

gantrain05

Smash Master
This is exactly why i must now learn to really start maining Metaknight unfortunately... Cause of stages like Brinstar and Norfair rofl... Its a sad thing for me to say but its the truth.. Oh and ill take that scary Diddy thing as a compliment ;)

-BC-
don't learn metaknight, he's ghey. just pick up like 5 other counterpicks like i do, if your diddy can't do it, go with pika, or marth, or somethin, i mean **** son, i got like 8 characters to CP with, you can't force me into a bad matchup.

Tyser

Smash Champion
If you want money, you play as Meta Knight or you go to tournaments where there isnt any good Meta Knight players. Doesnt apply to my boy, Razor. That fool has gotten better, I was surprised.

gantrain05

Smash Master
If you want money, you play as Meta Knight or you go to tournaments where there isnt any good Meta Knight players. Doesnt apply to my boy, Razor. That fool has gotten better, I was surprised.
unfortunately your completely right tyser, but cmon man, you play melee, and you don't even use those top tiers, low tier ftw =P

sluys

Smash Journeyman
i've been undefeated vs mk in singles for a while now.

i'm more afraid of shiek, ness and falco at this point.

Tyser

Smash Champion
If I win money in Melee, YAY. Its not my top priority, I just want to be known for having a pretty ill or decent Samus (whose a middle tier character). If I wanted to win tournaments Id just main Sheik because she's an easy char to use and since Im nerd I could pick her up in a second if I wanted to but Ive told people Im not going to play any of my high/tops seriously. I played in a Brawl tournament today though, I got all my Brawl skills back in a matter of 5 minutes or so :D

EDIT: Me and Yosh are the only cool ones because we dont play high/top. And Majik too.

Cook

Smash Master
don't learn metaknight, he's ghey. just pick up like 5 other counterpicks like i do, if your diddy can't do it, go with pika, or marth, or somethin, i mean **** son, i got like 8 characters to CP with, you can't force me into a bad matchup.
I'm pretty sure that MK counters all of your secondaries, unless MK is one of your secondaries.

Anyway, sorry we had to leave early. I felt like a douche, but, like Kit said, we had places to be; my parents were pissed because I was having a party at my house and I wasn't even home, so we had to book it. I had a really fun time playing everyone and I'm thrilled that I was finally able to win a match at Joker's (and more than one, even!). It was cool having everyone from Minnesota show up.

Smeesh: it was nice to finally play your Peach. You probably would have done better if you hadn't had to deal with all that tire ****.
CBK: we had some of the most boring, campy matches ever, but it was still nice playing you.
Blank: you hit me with way too many f-smashes; pro Kirby!
Yosii: you've gotten waaay better since September (I played you in a couple friendlies last time at Joker's; oh, and I'm the Olimar you ***** at this tourney).
All you people that I didn't play at all: we should play next time, assuming I won't have to leave early.
Joker: I'm sad we only got a few friendlies in. Congrats on the win, man.

I hope to see at least some of you guys at Indiana, and then at our next tourney in MO.

gantrain05

Smash Master
If I win money in Melee, YAY. Its not my top priority, I just want to be known for having a pretty ill or decent Samus (whose a middle tier character). If I wanted to win tournaments Id just main Sheik because she's an easy char to use and since Im nerd I could pick her up in a second if I wanted to but Ive told people Im not going to play any of my high/tops seriously. I played in a Brawl tournament today though, I got all my Brawl skills back in a matter of 5 minutes or so :D

EDIT: Me and Yosh are the only cool ones because we dont play high/top. And Majik too.
well then me and you are very alike tyser, thats the reason i stick with peach, if i win money thats cool, but really i like to play to get better with peach, and i've actually come a long way with her, soon people will be fearing the princess.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i know you have man lol, i can tell a difference from your samus now compared to just like 4 months ago just from watching your matches, but next time, if i have the money, im totally entering melee singles, all will fail against my invincible strategies.

Tyser

Smash Champion
I think next time Nebraska comes to DSM, we're just going to be there on the tournament day and leave that day instead of creeping the night beforehand. I cant fall asleep whenever I crash at someone's house :S Anyways, Ill fire up Brawl next time for sure. After playing games today I think I still have some of my Brawliness because its easy like that; plus there will be less competition probably with MN not coming and all :D

P.S. I dropped Doctor for Fox again.

Tyser

Smash Champion
For the Melee people who are concerned or whatever about my Melee Ranking on the NE/IA melee video's page, talk to me. I got dis shit DOWN!

Tyser

Smash Champion
Videos will be posted tomorrow for sure
maybe
. Ive already captured 31 of the matches including Losers/Grand Teams. There is still 24 more videos to be uploaded so CHEA!

gantrain05

Smash Master
I think next time Nebraska comes to DSM, we're just going to be there on the tournament day and leave that day instead of creeping the night beforehand. I cant fall asleep whenever I crash at someone's house :S Anyways, Ill fire up Brawl next time for sure. After playing games today I think I still have some of my Brawliness because its easy like that; plus there will be less competition probably with MN not coming and all :D

P.S. I dropped Doctor for Fox again.
i'll make you a deal tyser, you enter brawl singles, im gonna enter melee, and if i don't get last in melee someone has to pay me $1, probably the guy i beat lol.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
tyser your samus was so sexy. was very fun playing with you. also loved the friendlies i got with JBM and all the other melee guys. it's so good to have a chance to play some people who are really good and aren't chexr or aaron.

Top Bottom