• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Peeks is the man, he doesn't let the weather get in the way of Smash, me and Skizm are the same, but we haven't gone OoS for a while, and MN was the first of this year XD

But next week, people better show up, cause Peeks has driven 4hrs in bad weather before, so I'm pretty sure people can drive like 15min, specially when you know the streets.

Which by the way, if you guys come down, will it be Friday or Saturday.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
wow yulai, u had the time to actually type down what happened durin a match. also i've been watchin soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many anime today. i think that i've watched over 5 hours of anime already and im still on goin lol.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Peeks is the man, he doesn't let the weather get in the way of Smash, me and Skizm are the same, but we haven't gone OoS for a while, and MN was the first of this year XD

But next week, people better show up, cause Peeks has driven 4hrs in bad weather before, so I'm pretty sure people can drive like 15min, specially when you know the streets.

Which by the way, if you guys come down, will it be Friday or Saturday.
I'm pretty sure we will leave Friday and show up later that night. That's just what I'm assuming. I'm thinking Peeks will think the same. Unless we have to wait for other people for some odd reason.

MTKD

Smash Apprentice
same here also, i might show up later at the tourny cause of how the road r and if my friend decides to give me a ride
LOL Blah Blah Blah, its not bad driving in the snow, if you don't drive like a stupid person like Dustin your'll be all right, I drove from Indianola to Des Moines last night when it was the worst and I took the back roads and those werent blowed since there like the country roads to Des Moines and I made it. I went from Mayhem to Joekrs and was having to turn my wheels on the car all the way to the side so I can make it up a hill but still made it. You guys can make it, but why am I saying that, I won't be here for the tourney. Good Luck everybody.

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Joker hasn't told you guys but the reason he is holding the tournament on this date is very special. He is celebrating the glorious Republic of Zeon and its accomplishments of the colony drop. In fact the thread should be named "Putting a Colony on your face" so when you are smashing some bros today remember you are fighting for the Principality of Zeon.
SIEG ZEON
also don't park in from of the neighbors mail boxes.

MTKD

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure your going to have to worry about parking in front of a mail box, unless they plow jokers street before noon, I don't think the mail will be coming. For the people have trouble in the snow with ur car, it will be trouble getting out of Jokers place if you park on the hill, again, that's if they don't plow the road.

MTKD

Smash Apprentice
Hey Joker you should go out side and shovel your drive way for the people that are coming and for your mom, to be a NICE SON, and it will get you out side.

gantrain05

Smash Master
ok so luger doesn't know if he's going to be able to get out of his driveway, so i don't know if i'll be able to make it if he can't go i don't think i'll be able to find a ride in time.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
LOL Blah Blah Blah, its not bad driving in the snow, if you don't drive like a stupid person like Dustin your'll be all right, I drove from Indianola to Des Moines last night when it was the worst and I took the back roads and those werent blowed since there like the country roads to Des Moines and I made it. I went from Mayhem to Joekrs and was having to turn my wheels on the car all the way to the side so I can make it up a hill but still made it. You guys can make it, but why am I saying that, I won't be here for the tourney. Good Luck everybody.
yeah my friends wont drive me cause his sucky dodge neon is all sucky and he wont drive me cause there is like 1 foot of snow out there and for some odd reason the city plows my street last. now iowa really sucks now cause the snow was all meltin away then we get like a foot of snow out of nowhere.

hey joker, im not sure if im creepin anymore since my ride is goin all weather john which i can get but i kno for sure that my car is bad with alot of snow and my friends is all no way so i dont kno what gonna happen now.

if i do show up its because i found a ride from some1 thats willing to drive in the snow and its gonna be later in the day where i probably wont make any of the events

gantrain05

Smash Master
yo andy, if your still planning on heading up and you read this, could u swing by ankeny possibly and pick me up? i don't think luger is gonna make it.

MTKD

Smash Apprentice
But now the sun is out and they might get to jokers street before the tourney, it all depends on what they have done right now.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Good thing im already here in Des Moines or i prob wouldnt be able to make this cause of parents lol..

Also, CBK doesnt have enough money to do melee doubles.. So if anyone needs a partner for that lemme know

gantrain05

Smash Master
gah >< I NEED A RIDE =( i can't miss this tourney, it looks like theres already enough people not goin due to weather, but its really not that bad, its normal iowa winter weather.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
But now the sun is out and they might get to jokers street before the tourney, it all depends on what they have done right now.
good thing that the snow stopped for now. but hopefully that the city does plow joker's street as do mine. if that happens then i should still be able to make it if i find a ride

gah >< I NEED A RIDE =( i can't miss this tourney, it looks like theres already enough people not goin due to weather, but its really not that bad, its normal iowa winter weather.
i need a ride also!!! this is expected since it is iowa.

gantrain05

Smash Master
all right, me and luger will be heading up there shortly, we might be a bit late, so if you guys wanna hold up doubles for an extra 20 mins^^

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Sorry Missouri left after being eliminated, but we are important people with poor time management skills.

Good games, everybody.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
i did terrible in melee

i suck **** :(

thats the first time ever that i feel like i wasted money on melee LOL i just lost 2 straight games to people I'm better than... singles starting at 6:30pm didn't really help though us MN people were tired as ****tt being up so early XD

w/e no johns and gg's to everyone it was fun :D

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
does anyone know if melee teams semi/finals were recorded?

i know sparrow and i played all of our matches on that recording tv O.o

if they were recorded i want to see all of them plz!

Tyser

Smash Champion
Losers and Grand Final teams were the only ones recorded for teams. All of singles on the recording TV were recorded which is like 30 or so matches. Who'd you lose to anyways Flux? My boy, Majik, was realer than Holyfield.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
hey tyser do me a favor and put up my matches with ben vs me in our mm of my sheik.

btw rolling rocks are too good.

also

smeesh, i will be back.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Ill post them if I know what the hell they are. This is an example of why tags are useful so that I can know if it's important or a friendly :S Next tournament Im not going to post vids unless people have tags. Devon is the only exception.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Flux, i almost 4 stocked you by throwing fsmash in friendlies. You are oblivious lol.
LOL at critiquing people in friendlies.

Idiot player.

edit: also calm the **** down its a game LOL

as chexr would say "if you're not first, you're last"

so no need for any of us to argue this bull**** :D

KyloWinter

Smash Ace
Please don't call me an idiot player flux. You came down all big headed and didn't respect any of the ne/ia players beyond jbm. You lost, stop saying you are better because you are not. All of ne was more impressed with sparrow than some dude who played with pc chris.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
actually i was cool with everyone there but obviously you would think differently because why would i respect someone like you...

also sparrow is the man so no surprise there LOL

also i already stated that it was my opinion, no one else had a huge problem with that so just stop.

gantrain05

Smash Master
hey GG's last night everyone, thanks once again for hosting another awesome tourney joker. SHOUTOUTS!

Razor - nice job on 3rd place, first time winning prize money, i guess your a pro now =P

Joker - nice job, ANOTHER first place for you lol, thanks for hosting it was a great tourney, even tho the weather sucked we still got a decent turnout.

Disciple - your lucario is too good man, i'll get ya next time tho.

Sparrow - we didn't play in the tourney, but friendlies were fun, that ZSS is too good man.

schism - i know, im awesome at melee, try not to beat urself up too much, i mean, cmon, my strategies are flawless you had no chance =P

yoshii - nice MK man, it was a good match, i kinda got the feeling you didn't know too much about peach tho, i was able to punish alot of stuff, the games were tight tho man.

Luger - ok so we didn't do so hot in teams, but yeah, its our first time, we didn't practice at all, but we didn't really do horrible, we almost had sparrow and flux, we just made too many mistakes in some key matches.

Top Bottom