• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Introduce yourself unknown players thread.

Tairseth

Smash Apprentice
I remember you! I met you at Herb3! But I completely forgot what you look like! All I know is this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfafipejxec
hehe yeah that was my first tournament. mannn i was so hyped. i got ***** so hard, but its made me so much more determined. i check out your stuff often epsilon youve got a nice channel. im at least 10x better than i was and im not stopping anytime soon. you going to apex epsilon?

hehe yeah that was my first tournament. mannn i was so hyped. i got ***** so hard, but its made me so much more determined. i check out your stuff often epsilon youve got a nice channel. im at least 10x better than i was and im not stopping anytime soon. you going to apex epsilon?
Yes, I'll be at Apex. Hopefully I can get a really sweet spot where all the second most hyped sets will be played since VGBootCamp is taking care of the main set up.

MintChip

Smash Cadet
MintChip, a Sheik player from Central Florida.
I haven't played anyone outside my group of friends before, so I don't know how much I suck.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Sup, im Calvo (not the adjective, oh god no) i am a ganondorf player from washington. I just picked up melee again a little over 2 months ago, im interested in learning Fox/CF/Peach/Marth just because :D

Skull'N†

Smash Rookie
hi... i'm Skull'N for short (skull'n cross) and keven is my real name. some of you may have known me before as demon but i changed my name and i play alot with Bone$ you lot should know him :D see you all ingame :D

(bert)

Smash Rookie
hey, am gilbert (bert). i started playing in a tournament cuz i thought i was good... but i got owned.

thats when i decided that i wanted to be a good player. lol

well i main falco. and am good with captain falcon, fox, marth, and sheik.

-peace

Siel

Smash Cadet
Hello all , my name is Alex . I'm really bad , looking to improve a great deal . I have a brother who basically introduced me to competitive Melee . I'm not completely into it , but I do like community based games.
I haven't been to a tournament yet, as I'm having trouble building the money for it. I live on the East Coast of USA . (CT)
I main Falco , luigi , gannon . (In order from which I'm best in)
But I really want to improve my gannon to the max (: .
Uhh, thanks guys . Nice to meet you all.

omnibus2

Smash Cadet
CICH. (short for cichlid)

I've had the game for a very long time, only got into the competitive nature recently. Given that I have to devote a lot of time to studying, I'm never going to become an uber tournament pro, but I still love Melee, I'm certainly an experienced and solid player, but I don't have a lot of chances to play it with people, especially people who are half decent at the game. Haha.

My mains are: Ganondorf, Falco, and lately Captain Falcon. Most experience with ganon, by far.

Most of my competitive/rivalry matches have been with him, and fox. Unfortunately those people don't play melee anymore.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Hey I read every post in this thread! Yippee!
My username is a popular guitar brand, my first guitar, I'm much better at guitar than I am at smash :p anyway I'd rather just go by Strat

Anyway, I'm 18 and I got SSBM the month it came out when I was 8 or 9. No one plays SSBM in knoxville anymore now that Virgilijus moved, he was the first really good player I ever played, and still the best marth I've played. Techchases like a mother...

It was our most played game whenever our family was together, and I mained Link and Ylink. My sister's Sheik always destroyed us. After years I eventually found this site and the advanced how to play got me started into competitive smash.

I changed my main to CFalcon because he was epic and awesome to watch. Scar has been my biggest inspiration. Now I play all the characters too and can never decide which high tiers I want to second or which low tiers I'd like to get good at. Oh and I beat my sister's sheik pretty bad, though I learned falco and its sooo much easier than using cfalcon against sheik.

I went to Herb2 and was a step above the bad players, but still leagues below the top players. I got 3 stocked by H@x before I knew who he was, then when I found out I was excited because I only got 3 stocked, lol. I later played G-reg and Scar. Playing Scar was so awesome cause he was in my pool and just destroyed me. He would have 4 stocked me twice if he didn't suicide kill me once.

Btw in my experience Scar>H@x>G-reg, at least in falcon dittos

That was my only tournament, but I'm going to move to middle TN in a month for college and there are some monthlies in a city there. Hopefully I'll get to play some more good people in college too...

TL:DR
no smash here_______v
You probably shouldnt bother reading this anyway it was just fun to write all of it

Monk1

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I'm Andrew.
I play melee with a few of my friends when I get the chance (which isn't very often) so I usually just have to play against the computer which can get boring. One of the guys I live with really like Brawl and refuses to play me in melee because he isn't good at it.

I main Marth and I'm working on my Falco game. I also play a little with Dr. Mario and Captain Falcon.

I would like to get better with all of these characters. I need to learn more combos and develop some tech skill.

Right now I go to school in Delaware. I don't know if there are ever tournaments here, but if there are it would be cool to enter one. I've never played in a tournament. It would be a great way to get experience.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I'm Xander. I play with GamerGuitarist7 (Falcon), Shivknight (Technical Fox), and to a lesser extent, Silly Kyle (Aggressive Peach) and Iron Dragon (Forward's little brother). I've been playing competitively since 05, with a small break in 08. My first tournament was 07.

Time spent not smashing, but on the boards is divided between being social with Arizona, being social with SWF, looking for help with my characters, providing help in areas I'm knowledgeable, and trolling when I'm bored.

I main Falco. I secondary Fox, but I'm trying to eventually switch to 100% Falco.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Hi, my name's Spencer. I'm from Arizona.

If you know me it's probably only for the fact that I'm Forward's little brother. Other than that I suck ****.

*** :(

keeper

Smash Champion
Hi, my name's Spencer. I'm from Arizona.

If you know me it's probably only for the fact that I'm Forward's little brother. Other than that I suck ****.

*** :(
Oh man, you know Forward? YOU SHOULD INTRODUCE ME OR SOMETHING. <33<33

Nah, but really, 'sup Spencer, you friggin' fanboy. Lubs j00

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Falcon tier list:

Isai Rank:

Isai
Bacon Isai

1. Darkrain
2. SS
3. Rustrain
4. Hax
5. GAMERGUITARIST7
6. Scar
7. Everyone else

tru fax.

Laserbeak

Smash Rookie
Hey y'all. I'm Laserbeak. I use Falco

I've been playing (Melee) since it came out, I had an account here too but I forgot it so I made a new one. Came here to find some new competition for me and my crew.

mallu000

Smash Cadet
I'm Mallu and I play melee and smash generally with just one guy. Atm I don't feel so motivated cause it's frustrating to play and lose against the same guy from day to day. There's some tourneys and smashfests here but usually too far away to attend to get my skillz developing.

I main Doc and my ultimate goal is to become the best Doc in Finland wich really isn't much but something to strive for.

I like street fighter. =)

Corrupt Wolf

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm Corrupt Wolf and I am a smash amateur that plays both Brawl and Melee. I main Marth, Falco and Lucario. I hope to become as good a smasher as my friend egdeluca and participate in some tournys.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm Ranmaru. Originally I was Sumo_066, and then Orthopedics, and now this. I still don't like my name, and I may want to change it to Poison IV.

I'm an aspiring doc, but I don't learn quickly I guess. I practice very hard, and I play very hard. I play with my friends No Cash, Aicila (my Girlfriend), Vorosh, and temple friends often (Bnnza, Canismash, and others).

My Doc is getting better. I went to rom3, with Nocash and Aicila, and Shyguy. Didn't do well, I only got one match.

I am still working on getting out of pools, or getting a better placing in a tournament. So I can't really say I have anything special about me, but I'm working on it.

I may be annoying/silly on the boards, and loud in person. Oh well. ;P

and YES, I'm going to read your intros, I want you guys to read mine. : ]

I am good, just not good enough to get out of pools yet. I WILL GET BETTER. That, I am sure of.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I generally believe that if you can't make it out of pools, you aren't good, but I have super unrealistic expectations. :)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, well I guess it's better to think that way, then think "well I suck" because you are thinking negatively. :p

(honestly at Rom3 I was dissapointed, I was bummed out and even thought "maybe I shouldn't smash at all, but just stick to hosting smash tournaments", but I'm still playing, but I am practicing secondaries even more than before, before I was stuck to doc)

Plus, how good you are doesn't matter unless compared to how much better everyone else is, and the skill bar is sooooooooo deep in this game... So yeah, I'm basically not good yet. I accept that. : ]

LOL it's so hard to progress, I'm sure you might know.

But I DO know I am getting better. :] I even beat someone I couldn't beat before, and I will press on.

Top Bottom