• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~ Into the Fray: A Snake Survival Guide ~~

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I don't care if this is an almost -unneeded bump.

Whoever has the keys, PM me I lost mine.

I want to update this with %'s dealt from moves, and a few other things (when I get the time.....) which includes using the frame data we have from Eternal Yoshi for certain things, and other things if I can think of them.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
edit: eh you know what, nvm. ignore this post.

Just a hearty best of luck to all the new snake players.

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm gonna' need the luck.
I'm gonna' try to main Snake. This guide REALLY helps. Thank you so much, rusty. =D

marth_is_not_a_girl

Smash Rookie
This guide really helped, my snake has already improved within one week of reading this, thank you abit_rusty, you help people see the true potential in snake.

Gadokan

Smash Cadet
Great guide, the C4 part of the guide interested me to try using it some more. Most of the stuff on the guide was good and its good to know I'm right on track :]

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
This should help me alot my friends snake is so much better then mine so i will practice this under his nose. any new AT can u send them to me.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Nice guide, I'm not sure if this is noteworthy or not but... If you execute a mortar slide sloppily, ( slowly ), the dash will stay out longer and you can actually hit them in the middle of the dash and then continue sliding and hit them with the usmash. I've only done it twice though, it might not be something you want to rely on. :p

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Nice guide, I'm not sure if this is noteworthy or not but... If you execute a mortar slide sloppily, ( slowly ), the dash will stay out longer and you can actually hit them in the middle of the dash and then continue sliding and hit them with the usmash. I've only done it twice though, it might not be something you want to rely on. :p
That's the "contact mortar slide" where you buffer usmash right after the dash attack connects.

PinkFloydEchoes

Smash Rookie
Something worth mentioning:
when falling in the air in a certain direction, you can press b and a direction really quick (like changing directions on falcon punch) to completely change your DI as you fall, and confuse opponents trying to juggle

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
this is very helpful i have not played brawl for a while and i was talked into going to a tournament and since i did not want to hurt my brawl+ zelda a friend talked me into picking up snake. This thread has made it so my snake is pretty solid after only two days (still not perfect but i am able to compete against good players already)

BloodySnake

Smash Rookie
I think I know why the C4 has to be place out of a Cipher. When you place a C4 in normal fall, you press the down button, causing Snake to speed up, falling past the C4 before he can detonate it. put, when dropped out of a Cipher Snake doesn't speed up, but instead falls in tandem with the C4, allowing him to detonate it.:bee:

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I've been trying to get better with snake, but this guide helped a ton! Thanks for making it!

Top Bottom