• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Insomniac" NYC's first Brawl+ crew!!! ~OFFICIAL crew thread~

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
You guys should be thanking me that I didn't go...lmfao nah jk I should be thanking myself LOL

So anyone here play SSF4?

M15t3R E

Smash Master
You guys should be thanking me that I didn't go...lmfao nah jk I should be thanking myself LOL

So anyone here play SSF4?
VaNz is hella good in SSF4, and I play it too. But I will say I was trashing his C. Viper a week ago with Blanka, lol.
BTW, how may I become a part of this crew? I volunteer VaNz to be in it as well. He deserves to be in it probably more than myself.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
...@ above post. You have to be an in person friend to get in. We're not that kind of crew lol. Imagine if we start recruiting people from mad far away and sh*t lawlllz. You should come to one of our fests though.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I never got to meet you at DSO, E. :(

We formed this crew because we all hang out pretty regularly in and outside of Smash (not as much recently due to school, work etc) but yeah, we don't really actively recruit. It's more of a "hey, you play this game often, you're pretty good it too, and you're cool with the rest of us, so why don't ya join" sort of thing.

Come to one of our fest shenanigans sometime. :)

shongotskills

Smash Apprentice
i have a weird story to share with you guys next time we meet. i smoked some really strong **** and the high almost drove me into insanity. its like i was a prisoner to my own brain. i was overthinking the **** out of life and the afterlife which im pretty sure would leave to a good laugh.
for example, it was so good, i thought it was BAD weed (as in laced).
so i thought my life was doneskies, because i couldnt think properly. in response to that, i was talking to my friend, and i just couldnt hold the conversation anymore, so i ran, and i thought i was dead. i thought i had to run somewhere but didnt know where. while running, i said out loud, that life was a commercial, and i kept avoiding all the warning signs and that i finally went to hell. life is pretty much a test for each individual to see if they will smoke or not. everything was fake. and everyones in their own realm which is completely different. so in my realm, i fell for the trap, and now i had to run to this one spot where life would restart, but im dying as i try to get there, so i had to run and get there fast, and no lie, i felt INCREDIBLE pain all over. it was so bad, then i realized that the reason i felt this way, was because i was high. so i sat down, tried to stop panicking, and waited for my friend. he came, i felt like i was thinking too fast. had a really bad case of cotton mouth. then i had to go to some chess tournament thingy. i was high as hell on the train too. i felt like i was staring at people for too long. by the time i got to my destination, my high had worn off. but yeah, that was some really strong ****.

edit: about the "ruin"

the thing was, that your run would be full of pain if you did more bad things throughout your life. but if you lived a good long life, then you're run wouldnt be bad because as you went down "memory lane" you'd have good memories, and it would last long because you lived long. and if you were a baby who died at birth, it was like gods way of telling you that ok this kid dont need to go through memory lane for whatever reason etc so his run would literally be a crawl and he'd be chillin in heaven. so this whole running thing was a memory lane type thing that was also like purgatory. it was insane man. i think i need to stop living better. during my run, in my head i was thinking of various girls i had dated and things i did in the past i really regret. skips about to be in church.....one of these days. O_O lol
but honestly, it was my first time smoking in public which is why i probably freaked out.i had things to do, and i felt like everyone was watching me. when i normally smoke trees, im in my own comfort zone, nothing to do, + if im not alone, im usually with close friends. i just freaked out most likely because ive known the kid for 2 weeks, and we were talking to two bums and this other dude. but yeah, gotta make better decisions. i posted here because ****s kinda personal and idc what people in the smash community think of me ;) (meaning random people who read this) but yeah, i know silven's probably gonna reply and od on this post XD

Veril

Frame Savant
Set and setting, son!

Be smart.

Cannabinoids and most psychedelics can have pronounced anti-anxiolytic effects. Its always good to be aware of this.

also I loled

and finals make me want to die

When this is over I will need to decompress soooo badly.

"looks at pile of physiology notes" ;_;

I'm so scared! This test is so important and I'm really under pressure to perform cause placement in clinicals is so heavily dependent on how well I do in the Anatomy-Physiology sequence and Micro. Its the hardest test this semester, for my hardest class, and it is tomorrow night.

shongotskills

Smash Apprentice
yeah just got in from work. ive got a ton of stuff to do for school veril, so we're in the same boat. cept im in HS so im pretty sure what i have to do is easier. also uhh yeah. i didnt know that it could make you feel so terrible. i lol'd at it to. my teacher suggested i write a short story on it. not really the answer i expected from a teacher though, lmao

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Interesting. Sounds similar to the story I read of this guy who overdosed on Nyquil except he was confined to his bed.

LOL

So Veril what school do you even go to? And do I have you on FB? Add me I need friends :(

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I actually tried to envision you in that scenario, Skip. I laughed at the thought of you being high, cuz I know you'd get all crazy like that. :-)

But yeah, definitely take more caution with what you do, and who you do it with. I wouldn't do anything like that with some random person I've only known for two weeks; you need someone you can trust in case you react badly to the drug you're doing (like in your case).

Never smoked anything (never will), but I tried shrooms once, and was only because I asked my friend of 5+ years to try it with me. Was curious as to what the whole psychedelic experience would be like.

Hope you did well on your exams, Veril! Ace that mutha.

shongotskills

Smash Apprentice
uhm excuse me, i would like to return this crack. its burnt around the edges. crisp, see?
yeah but i smoked before, i have no idea why i responded like that. lol. i guess different scenarios have different effects.

shongotskills

Smash Apprentice
skips tryna go to college... has to go upstate for a placement exam + make my schedule.. but i have no idea how to get there. :( i google and asked on yahoo but really not sure how i can get there. the address: 170 North St, P.O. Box 139, Dryden, NY 13053
if anyone can help, lemme know guyzz.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
skips tryna go to college... has to go upstate for a placement exam + make my schedule.. but i have no idea how to get there. :( i google and asked on yahoo but really not sure how i can get there. the address: 170 North St, P.O. Box 139, Dryden, NY 13053
if anyone can help, lemme know guyzz.
From what I can tell, this area doesn't use the MTA system. Driving there alone is about 5 hours anyway dude 0___o. Knowing you though, probably need public trans, right?

shongotskills

Smash Apprentice
yea, i need to get on that driving stuff asap. :( it really isnt that difficult but i keep procrastinating, so its my own fault. ill try to get my license before the end of summer..

shongotskills

Smash Apprentice
any of you fine young men want to register me for apex? also, whos going anyway? also, why do i try to keep this alive? meleemeleemelee

zaf

Smash Lord
I will be in NYC from July 21-30th , or some time like that. I was wondering if I could meet up with any of you and play some brawl+ ?

shongotskills

Smash Apprentice
anyone wanna drive me upstate to my college? there's pay in it for ya (seriously) because its really difficult to get to it and i need to take this placement exam.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The Legion thread has almost 600 more posts than this one, and it was created over 4 months later.

Get *****!

shongotskills

Smash Apprentice
i havent played in months and id **** you all and im not talking about smash. just grab ur ankles and prison style on yall

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Work has been pretty much my whole life for the past two months, day job (more like overnight) + theater practice + sleep would sum up my hiatus.

Summer is looking good to get the crew back together in prime shape for Apex though (we're all still going, right?)

I'm free this Saturday! Someone (Glick, Silven) throw a fest! I wanna puh-lay PM! Oh, and some B+ too. ;-)

@Zaf: I'm sure we'll get something thrown around in that time period, always great to play/chill with OoS'ers (OoC'ers!).

EDIT: I cut my hair!

Trimmed it by about an inch

Top Bottom