• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia VI: Biweeklies - Memphis, TN - Cancelled, See post 1

The_Eradicator

Smash Rookie
Why didn't we play in singles matches Shogun. I feel so sad. =(

Diddy Kong is fine. I would rather have another bad *** character, but a slightly goofy character is fine too. XD
Sorry I didn't get any singles with you n00b, maybe next time we'll be able to do singles :D.

Also thanks for the links to those songs IHSB, I loved DKC2 music. Diddy was always my favorite in the series, one of the main reasons why I didn't play DKC3 was because Diddy Kong wasn't in it.

Edited, this is Shogun btw, didn't realize that AK logged in till I finished this message.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Flying Yoshis? What has the world come to?!
Personally, I think that Yoshi's down+b should pull out an egg for him to throw later, like one of Peach's turnips. His up+b should be an actual recovery move.

I do like what they've done with his special, although it doesn't help his recovery in any way.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
Lol, yea his final smash is almost as if he ate one of those colorful shells. You know, the one that gives you all three powers (flying, pound and spitting out fireballs) from off Super Mario World.

And now reading that on smashbros.com, what is a Yoshi?

TridenT

Smash Cadet
Lol, yea his final smash is almost as if he ate one of those colorful shells. You know, the one that gives you all three powers (flying, pound and spitting out fireballs) from off Super Mario World.

And now reading that on smashbros.com, what is a Yoshi?
Right, there were yellow shells that would become flashing shells, and if Yoshi ate one, he'd get to fly, ground pound with each jump, and shoot a fireball when done.

And it was established in that game as well that he's a dinosaur. (As if the dozen-odd other dinosaurs littering the place weren't evidence enough.) Then again, dinosaurs are basically lizard birds, right?

HotDogs

Smash Rookie
That sounds good. I'm not pr0 like you guys, but I'd like to face a few crazy-intense people, so any way to do that would be fine with me.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
That sounds good. I'm not pr0 like you guys, but I'd like to face a few crazy-intense people, so any way to do that would be fine with me.
If you live on campus, my apartment's right down the street from you (it's down a side street off East Parkway, just north of Sam Cooper), so we could play sometime there or in your dorm or whatever.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hey HotDogs, pleaaaase read this.

Two of the people from my Crew are freshmen at Rhodes: a Daniel Allen Smith and a Mike Van Pham. They are very friendly and I'm sure they would love a chance to get together and play smash with you. They have another friend Chad who plays, but is not too good, so you all would have 4 people to play singles and even doubles. Check them out on Facebook; I'm sure they would be happy to meet you.

If they're not too busy man, from what I heard from them, Rhodes is busy busy right now haha :) :) but a reason to smash is always good.

HotDogs

Smash Rookie
Thanks to both Tom and spaceballs for the info. I'll certainly try and get a few games together over here or something. My friends always love to see me get beat :). Out of curiosity, though, how did you all know I go to Rhodes? (Probably a stupid question)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Thanks to both Tom and spaceballs for the info. I'll certainly try and get a few games together over here or something. My friends always love to see me get beat :). Out of curiosity, though, how did you all know I go to Rhodes? (Probably a stupid question)
I saw that spaceballs knew something I didnt, and I checked all your recent posts. :) not that bad of a question.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
SMASHTASTIC 2007!!

It's next friday for all the guys in the mid south area who wants to attend. It'll end before the biweekly so I don't think they'll be any conflict. I think that alot of the regulars of the biweeklies are going to a tourney this saturday so I did the get togather friday as a means of not getting in the way of the Biweekly.

If I could i'd like to get the top Arkansas smashers to show up too it. A really awsome C. Falcon "Cough Saberguy Cough" and a really awsome Fox "Cough Chamberlin Cough" would be awsome!! :D I really want to show my brothers what an awsome fox and falcon can do seeing as they don't believe the things I tell them. So if you guys, or anyone for that matter, it would be greatly appriciated, and you'll have alot of fun too. :D

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
If you ever want to come down to Oxford (far away for all I know), you could face a non pro like me. :D

SMASHTASTIC 2007!!

It's next friday for all the guys in the mid south area who wants to attend. It'll end before the biweekly so I don't think they'll be any conflict. I think that alot of the regulars of the biweeklies are going to a tourney this saturday so I did the get togather friday as a means of not getting in the way of the Biweekly.

If I could i'd like to get the top Arkansas smashers to show up too it. A really awsome C. Falcon "Cough Saberguy Cough" and a really awsome Fox "Cough Chamberlin Cough" would be awsome!! :D I really want to show my brothers what an awsome fox and falcon can do seeing as they don't believe the things I tell them. So if you guys, or anyone for that matter, it would be greatly appriciated, and you'll have alot of fun too. :D
Darn it, Shogun. I still have to go to get 4 stocked. Sorries again. =( Maybe next time.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Hey HotDogs, pleaaaase read this.

Two of the people from my Crew are freshmen at Rhodes: a Daniel Allen Smith and a Mike Van Pham. They are very friendly and I'm sure they would love a chance to get together and play smash with you. They have another friend Chad who plays, but is not too good, so you all would have 4 people to play singles and even doubles. Check them out on Facebook; I'm sure they would be happy to meet you.

If they're not too busy man, from what I heard from them, Rhodes is busy busy right now haha :) :) but a reason to smash is always good.
We're actually very mean spirited people..

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
hey guys i posted it in tn thread but ima do it here too. the weekend after G4S4 im trying to get a small tourney together id very grateful if some of yall show. also im trying to get some AL peeps to come and all the locals here in middle tn, and maybe some Knoxville players too. im gonna pay for the venue so the pot would be 100%

Handorin

Smash Hero
Happy Birthday. I thought about calling last week, but I couldnt quite remember when it was.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Whenever we raise enough money for the pot. I dont even think we have hit $400 yet. >_<

P.S. If you really want to come, then you could donate $1k+ and Zane will find a date asap.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=99107

its back baby!

i wont be at next bi cause of G4S4.
ill try to start making more tho just didnt know when they were cause of no date being posted.
would have came to last one to see Tyseuh/Shogun
Lol, yea didn't want to spring it on ya so I posted it that we'd be there. I think we'll try to make the next one (not this week cause of Smashtastic 2007). But I dunno if I have a football game that week or not.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
By the way... PayPal is very awesome for several reasons. In their service agreement the following statement is made

PayPal Buyer Protection Policy - Our program to reimburse Users for losses for up to (i) $2,000.00 USD (Top Tier Coverage Amount)

PayPal = Top Tier

PayPal confirmed for Brawl.

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
Hando- What if you play against a character who doesn't have money? I don't think Bowser has any, for example (probably because he hides it in those blocks, and Mario's a dirty thief!). Doesn't paypal need money? And what's its policy on taking foreign money? I dunno if Nintendo allows it's characters to have credit cards. And then there's the whole "Hyrule scene," which we all know has an economy that supports itself via the bartering of gems called rupees. Seems like Paypal may not be as top tier as expected.....

And, in an effort to stay on topic, you all rock, and I'll totally be at the biweekly after G4S4. I'll try to make sure most of Run7 comes, too, if I can! :ness:

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Hando- What if you play against a character who doesn't have money? I don't think Bowser has any, for example (probably because he hides it in those blocks, and Mario's a dirty thief!). Doesn't paypal need money? And what's its policy on taking foreign money? I dunno if Nintendo allows it's characters to have credit cards. And then there's the whole "Hyrule scene," which we all know has an economy that supports itself via the bartering of gems called rupees. Seems like Paypal may not be as top tier as expected.....

And, in an effort to stay on topic, you all rock, and I'll totally be at the biweekly after G4S4. I'll try to make sure most of Run7 comes, too, if I can! :ness:
COME TO G4S4 man! you can totally be my partner!

DJ Boonbuggy

Smash Apprentice
For everyone - as most of you know, I work at Laser Quest. On sept. 28th, from 12am-6am, there will be a LQ lockin that I'm working. The catch is it's a gamer's lockin - we'll have halo/smash/marvel vs capcom set up hopefully. It's the same price as the last one (30 dollars beforehand, 35 dollars day of). That cost covers all 6 hours of LQ, and some little things to eat at the very end before you leave. You're free to bring food/drinks, more setups, I don't really care. And as far as I know, there won't be an entry fee, so it'll be more of a for-fun type thing. I know that the 29th is a bi, which takes priority, so don't stretch yourself too thin going to both. PM me if you have any questions/PM me if you're coming please, just so I can see how many smashers are interested.

Thanks guys ^^

Handorin

Smash Hero
I would go to that, but I have two band competitions the next day. >_<

The last one I went to was a blast and I recomend it to everyone.

P.S. Short Hop Lasers in real life is fun.

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
Man, a just-for-poops-and-chuckles tourney? Sounds fun to moi.

KO-I'm trying to work some stuff around, but I think I may have work this weekend, which would blow the testes of a dinosaur. I'll pray to Jesus/Zane and see if I can get a miracle ^___^

Top Bottom