• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia VI: Biweeklies - Memphis, TN - Cancelled, See post 1

Handorin

Smash Hero
If the biweekly was on the 29th (or whenever Tom was coming in town), MaCI would have def gone. But no.... it had to be switched.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I dont know if we will be able to or not, but I'm still hoping I can go to the House of Smash biweekly. So all hope is not lost, Handy. :) At least for us.

@Chaddichu: Bring Daniel with you!! :)

Handorin

Smash Hero
Except that I have band competitions all that day. So if it was an INN bi, then I could make it since it starts at night.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
DML still travels to tournaments fairly regularly (right?), and Daniel and Mack Loud no longer have an excuse to miss biweeklies now that they live closer and don't have parents on their back. They play fairly often.

I'll be back next semester hopefully... and I'll be playing Brawl. :)
Yeah right brah I callz life johns lololol

college > smash

i might show up eventually

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
I think a lot of people are just burned out. The last 4-5 biweeklies have averaged a whopping 8 people for singles and 2-4 doubles teams.

This time last year we were averaging 8 doubles and 32 singles every time. I think it's just gotten to the point where it's (dare I say it) lost its spark. That's why I'm considering killing it until after brawl. Maybe a month or 2 after it's released, start up again. I don't know. Just toying with ideas. Let me know what you think

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I guess everyone is just waiting for Brawl. That's what I'm doing.

@Fizz - Memphis is home to the best Guilty Gear players in TN. Most of us live in East Memphis/Cordova. We'd be glad to play you and we also play a bit of 3rd Strike.

1st post in like half a year lol.
That'd rock man. I'm not good at it, but I definitely would like to get decent at least, and well, like Smash, it's hard to get good at a game when you hardly get to play other people.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Zane-I understand your putting off biweeklies for awhile. Between trying to get a job and a car, I will have little money to enter the tournaments.

On another note, there seems to be some fans of Run7's SmashterLink, better known at SLink.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Why can't I have Link fans? =(

The biweeklies I think just fell in the cycle of people not showing up because other people don't show up. Hopefully, we can have more attending in the future. I will go to the one after this one. Then again, I might go to this biweekly if I don't have time to go to LAST. Maybe I can actually place somewhere decent for once without many people attending. =p

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
Why can't I have Link fans? =(

The biweeklies I think just fell in the cycle of people not showing up because other people don't show up. Hopefully, we can have more attending in the future. I will go to the one after this one. Then again, I might go to this biweekly if I don't have time to go to LAST. Maybe I can actually place somewhere decent for once without many people attending. =p
Yea that's the evil moral bug that can eat away at any good get togather is when someone doesn't show. I think things will pick back up for biweeklies if you continue them, maybe even have some witty comment to get everyone back into it? That's usually what I do with people around here when I try to promote smash on campus. If someone keeps losing they'll not want to come, so I kinda stage stuff or say certain things to keep people into playing. It usually works with the slight chance that someone gets cocky and thinks they can own me. But majority of the time it usually works lol :p

Also this LAST tourney thing....where could I find info on it. I think that's the same one my bro was talking about. I wouldn't mind trying to rep the midsouth in another region besides our own.

Edit: Anybody knows anybody that can make good sigs. I have an idea for a sig that i'd like please. :)

Myztek

Smash Ace
I just read "Wifi" in Hand's post as "wee fee"...

But anyway, ZANE! If you decide to have a last-biweekly-for-a-few-months biweekly, post and let us know the date in advance and I'll see about coming. It seems like it's been forever.

Also, you need to do a get together for Brawl one weekend. The weekend after its release, preferably. It'd be really interesting to have a tournament with it since no one will be very experienced.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
I will, Lance...If I can get a ride. Who knows, I may even enter. *drops the crowd*

-Chad-

Slackerator
Lance + Nite- You guys should come with me to go to LAST this weekend : X

I just found out Ambix and Hyper aren't going to go most likely, so we have 2 car spots to fill.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
I'll go :D

I could bring KazeX (My bro: Kirby player) also to rep BLADeZ. But even if you can't we still want to find a way to get BLADeZ down there.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
HAHAHAHA @ Brad's sig!!!! WTF
Yeah. I thought you would like it. I am sad you had to completely rip off my idea. Nub.

I wish I could go to LAST. But since I am broke no go. Once I get a job I will start showing up to these more.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Important update:

My schedule changed as of yesterday. I'm not off on weekends anymore. I don't know if this is a perma change or not, but until further notice, biweeklies had to take a hault :(

I'm going to talk to my sup to find out how long of a change this is (seasonal or just b/c they need the weekend coverage till they hire someone). I'll update when I find out. Sorry guys :(

Altus_Consul

Smash Rookie
Bladez...if you guys were planning to drive to Memphis Saturday you should come up to Cabot where we're having a tournament. Also smashing Friday night somewhere. It's about 25 miles or so south of Little Rock. If you guys are interested feel free to give me a call. 501-743-5560.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Man...I know this is a bi-weekly thread, but it gets off-topic like crazy anyway, but ****. I wanna' hang out with some of you doodz. It sucks bi-weeklies have to take a halt, but I understand that things happen. If there are on a hiatus for a bit, then I'll find somewhere or something. I'm getting so excited about Brawl. I mean, of course I was earlier, but...WOO! Fangirlin' to the max.

Sad to see this on the second page. ;-; Oh yeah...Brian, next time tell me about tournaments you just run off too, >:O. Even if you think I can't make it, don't assume, prz ask.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about not being able to make it to your Tourney Altus. :( I went back to camden to get my hair rebraided and it took ALOT longer than expected (I was done by 11 that night). I really want to go to a Trouney somewhere and play someone like whenever I can. Which brings me to the question, where will everyone meet now that biweeklies are on a hold?

I have another question also, doesn't anybody know anyone that does sigs? I have an idea for a sig I just need someone that can work their magic. :D

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
I have another question also, doesn't anybody know anyone that does sigs? I have an idea for a sig I just need someone that can work their magic. :D
I will help you out. I love making banners, and have done quite a few. Don't judge by my current one, that was just a joke one I did to rip off Lance. Just drop me with a PM and I will see if I can help you out.

Top Bottom