• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia VI: Biweeklies - Memphis, TN - Cancelled, See post 1

DJ Boonbuggy

Smash Apprentice
the SHL duel, btw, went to me. He forgot to add that part :p I got shafted on sides for our final battle ;( one side had a foosball table and the other one was just completely empty. ;( I got the empty one of course. But not calling johns, just statin'. plus, what the hell am I going to do with a free pass, we have crew fill anyway :p

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
One time when I was a little kid I had my birthday at LQ and my aunt decided to play and entered her name as Cowboy. We all laughed...

She destroyed everyone.

Really, there must have been thirty people in there and she almost doubled second place. It was the stuff of legends.

Also, I won't be back in Memphis until Fall Break, which isn't for a while :(
I want to hold a smashfest when I do get back though, but my Ma moved into an even smaller apartment and I really can't hold one...I have the worst luck when it comes to Smashing...

Handorin

Smash Hero
Due to my mom getting it while I was at work, then my brother getting it before I knew, then church today. I am not finished, just half way through.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Also, I won't be back in Memphis until Fall Break, which isn't for a while :(
I want to hold a smashfest when I do get back though, but my Ma moved into an even smaller apartment and I really can't hold one...I have the worst luck when it comes to Smashing...
During Fall Break, I should be back in Memphis as well -- we can just hold a giant smashfest at my house. Everyones invited. Even ARKANSAS ZOMGS

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
During Fall Break, I should be back in Memphis as well -- we can just hold a giant smashfest at my house. Everyones invited. Even ARKANSAS ZOMGS
Can I, the person you never met, come? :)

As a side note to all the people that care, I won't be able to go to the next biweeklies. It is more of a downer for me than you guys since I want to get better. :(

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
ok back on topic when is the next bi cause i wanna pwn in teams with nite while playing bowser. on corneria. or yoshi story. (its not marth story anymore its BOOOOOOWSAAAA LAND!)

ps what you know about purple?

ps again: im having poker at my house on saturdays that i cant go to a biweekly. which means smashfest to the extreme. any smashers are always welcome at my house. that is until i have to beat that arse. (for doing something stupid / disrespectful / mean / vomiting on my couch / bed / toys{long story})

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Dude when I say everyone I mean everyone. Except Taketwo. fux that guy

Anyways, GOOD NEWS EVERYONE */futurama* It looks like I'll be at SMASHAID!! Who wants to team with GANNNNNNDONROF

Handorin

Smash Hero
But, you arnt home. Unless you are inviting us when you arnt home.

I wont be going to Smash Aid. Band camp ftl

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
It starts on a Sunday afternoon?...hmmm, I still may go but that means I'll have to miss class on Monday when I get my test back. Hmmmm....however, I am still inclined to go.

If I do will you team with me Yang/Tom? :)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
It starts on a Sunday afternoon?...hmmm, I still may go but that means I'll have to miss class on Monday when I get my test back. Hmmmm....however, I am still inclined to go.

If I do will you team with me Yang/Tom? :)
Of COURSE I'd team with you, man. That would be awesome.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I <3 Chad. Man owned that moderator, XDDD.

TheSaberGuy, I wouldn't doubt it. -_- He'll argue it forever though whatever you'd bring up. One of those "I can never be wrong" type mods.

Handorin

Smash Hero
lol, they deleted Chad's post.

I was going to post saying WDing is not a glitch. It's just airdodging into the ground... and you cant be air dodged on the ground so it cancels the animation and the trajectory moves you, AND the developers knew it was there and never took it out, even after 4? versions of the game came out. I think it even has a line when you use it in AR.

But I realized I had to register and Im too lazy to right now.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
lol, they deleted Chad's post.

I was going to post saying WDing is not a glitch. It's just airdodging into the ground... and you cant be air dodged on the ground so it cancels the animation and the trajectory moves you, AND the developers knew it was there and never took it out, even after 4? versions of the game came out. I think it even has a line when you use it in AR.

But I realized I had to register and Im too lazy to right now.
Lol, it's a losing battle against that man. -_-

Anyhow, how are you Handorin?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Lol, it's a losing battle against that man. -_-

Anyhow, how are you Handorin?
I am doing quite well. Bout to go on a one day vacation to some water park in MS. How are you?

EDIT: Posing a copy of my post here so I dont lose it. Im quite proud of it >_>

WDing is not a glitch. It's just airdodging into the ground... and you cant be air dodged on the ground so it cancels the animation and the trajectory moves you, AND the developers knew it was there and never took it out, even after 4? versions of the game came out. I think it even has a line when you use it in actionreplay. A glitch is something like Ness's yoyo glitch or the black hole glitch. If it was detrimental to the game at all, it would be banned from tournament games like M2's soul stun and the IC freeze glitch.

WDing, while not essential, can open up a whole new game play style and advance your technique. While it isnt an "I win" button as you obviously know, it can definetly add an advatage. While some character like Jiggly hardly ever need to WD, some characters like Luigi and ICs play a whole lot better because of it. Sure, you dont need to WD, but is there a reason not to? Why not become better because of it.

Most players go through the arrogent noob stage when they first see competitive game play. "haha, i can WD and you cant. im gonna pwn u bcuz you cant wd." In truth, WD is only one aspect of competitive play and will not guaruntee a win. You dont see pros just randomly spamming WD while they are fighting, they are pressuring the opponent or otherwise using mindgames to counter him and put him in a bad position. It takes so much more to get better. You need to learn to L(ag)Cancel your aerials, know how to combo types of characters, learn mindgames to outsmart your opponent, etc. Since Ive gotten into this, when I fight my other friends (whom dont smash competivley), I notice they do the same thing a lot and I know how to punish them easily. It's a bad habit to break and I find myself doing the same thing sometimes. SSBM may seem like a simple game at a glance at it. Once you delve deeper in the game, it takes so much more skill and cunning to play well. The developers had no idea how big this game would turn out. It's success shows that it is not a simple kiddy game.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Everything is fuuunnnn!

Who all is going to Smashaid? Because I dont have a partner for doubles except someone named SleepyK also said he needed a partner... but if anyone from Memphis needs one I would much rather team with them and Im sure sleepy would understand.

Nite

Smash Champion
Yup, those are Kanto badges. On the pokecharms site where you make it, you can choose which set of badges you want.

Edit- Grrr, Yang.

Top Bottom