• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia V Biweeklies - Memphis, TN - Next: Mar 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Everyone's talking about the best anime ever... and yet...

THIS TOPIC NEEDS MOAR HARUHI!!1!
Make sure you are specific. Those who dont know you would think you are talking about other anime then the one you are talking about. There are alot of Haruhis out there. Just not many that are omnipotent.

McCloud-I will have a dance off with you. Me and Fizz had one at a wedding once and lets just say its was **** Fine.

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
@Keta: Sure man. I would be glad to play ya. Just find me and get some friendlies in.

@Chad: Myz doesnt seem like the one to fear pikachu. Haha I wanna play DDR too. Its been a while. Looks like I might have break out the dance pad.

@Iori: You make me laugh. ^___^

HyperDragon

Smash Apprentice
As for pizzert, I for one am not a big fan, but others sure are. :: points to Myztek:: Speaking of which, where is Myz? Haha
Yes, Myztek has me craving for this Pizzert. He's had me craving it ever since he told me how good his first bite was. It better be worth it, Myzzy.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
hello all you Tennessee players.

i'm gonna rap this up quickly.
Due to employment opportunity for my stepdad my family has a strong chance of moving to TN (specifically uknown to me, but i heard "50 miles from Nashville" or something)
I've been in college at Nicholls here in Thibodaux, Louisiana for a couple years already, but I'm starting to consider going with them, since I don't think i'll be able to finance an apartment w/ a 40+ hour job while already in school.

So...i guess i'm just wondering who are good TN smashers, where do they live and where does anyone live?
If I come, i'd be deffinatley interested in joining a crew of sorts and be most excited to join the tourney scenes. I'm sure noone from TN knows about us LA players but i rank 2nd on our powerrankings (if that means anything) and i think i'll make my own good impressions.
As low/sick as it is, smash is going to be a fairly good influence in my choice to move or not (if we do)...so if anyone can give me some general info about the players in the state/crews/locations/characters etc...it'd be some interesting knowledge to have.
thanx in advance.

-Chad-

Slackerator
@Chad: Myz doesnt seem like the one to fear pikachu. Haha I wanna play DDR too. Its been a while. Looks like I might have break out the dance pad.
Man I wish I had a good dance pad...dude you should bring DDR to the INN hahah, it'd be awesome to play DDR to keep myself awake.

ps. Twilight Princess is fun.

HyperDragon

Smash Apprentice
I still have my dance pad under my bed. I made sure not to put it someplace where I couldn't find it later.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Oh yeah!...

Today I bought the new Bomberman, and it's 8 player from one cartridge (me!) So I wanna defintally play the hell out of some Bomberman at the next bi.

Myztek

Smash Ace
I'm right here S.Link. I read all the posts. I just don't post unless i have something useful to say usually.

I'm really looking forward to some crew battles, and yeah, Pizzert is definitely awesome.

Myztek

Smash Ace

Due to employment opportunity for my stepdad my family has a strong chance of moving to TN (specifically uknown to me, but i heard "50 miles from Nashville" or something)
I've been in college at Nicholls here in Thibodaux, Louisiana for a couple years already, but I'm starting to consider going with them, since I don't think i'll be able to finance an apartment w/ a 40+ hour job while already in school.

So...i guess i'm just wondering who are good TN smashers, where do they live and where does anyone live?
If I come, i'd be deffinatley interested in joining a crew of sorts and be most excited to join the tourney scenes. I'm sure noone from TN knows about us LA players but i rank 2nd on our powerrankings (if that means anything) and i think i'll make my own good impressions.
As low/sick as it is, smash is going to be a fairly good influence in my choice to move or not (if we do)...so if anyone can give me some general info about the players in the state/crews/locations/characters etc...it'd be some interesting knowledge to have.
thanx in advance.
Chad and I live in Southaven, MS. It's about 15 or 20 mins away from Memphis. Our other crew member, Ihavespaceballs, lives in Memphis. (our crew is Don't Make Last aka DML)

The Runaway7 all lives in the Millington area, I think.

Not sure where all of the Bloodline lives, but they're also really good.

Check out our power rankings topic. I don't have a link handy for it, though.

*EDIT* oops, I double posted. oh well.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master

Convince a contortionist who plays an incredible Doc to come live in your state. Gogogo. (summarized)
I don't know if you remember, but you met a good part of Tennessee's smash scene at FC6, or, more specifically, at the bus station/airport afterwards. That would have been basically all of the Runaway 7 and Don't Make Last, 2 of the major crews in Memphis, which is where most of Tennessee's smash scene lies. If "50 miles from Nashville" means to the west, that would put you just an hour or so outside of Memphis, which has INNsomnia biweeklies every (duh) 2 weeks, which are building up for INN 5 sometime soon (INN 3 and 4 were won by Darkrain, so he's almost certain to make the next one as well).

Even if you end up to the east of Nashville, there's a good, growing scene out there also. KOKingpin would be the guy to talk to about specifics for that part of TN.

If you'd like to see exactly what we have to offer, local player vids.NOW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMVxlPRq1oY Chad vs Nite (the rest of the set should be under related vids)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK88vncKRcg Nite vs Kyo (same as above)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVQhRPpRRwE Lance vs X2X (the Samus is from Georgia though)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqjbDCoxCrY Chad vs Moogle (Moogle's from AL, but he comes to a lot of local stuff)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWNai1mKNBk Iori vs Chad (hella old, but Iori is really good and this is the only vid I could find of him)

Hope you decide to come, I remember you being funny as hell at FC, not to mention I've obviously heard legends of your Doc.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord

thanx in advance.

Hey this is iori and i welcome you to the coldest smashers in the south, my group the blood line will welcome you. I to am ranked secound and if the desicion of the next bi picks me ill be first but till then my smash equal will be first. I live in the railgh area and we smash all the time if you come down here be prepared to meet your match

ps i main all but jig and samus.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Check out our power rankings topic. I don't have a link handy for it, though.
[thread=91211]Here's the link[/thread]

Unlike other power ranking threads, this one covers four states: AL, AR, MS, and TN. You'll notice that TN covers half the list with 10 out of 20. The top spots are mostly TN as well.

Also, having been to both TN and LA tourneys, I can confidently say that TN pwns LA. :p

The main problem is that most the smashers are in Memphis which you may not have great access to. But hey, you had to travel to play people other than Lee as well since Houma is secluded from the rest of LA.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
haha XD thats good info Iori.

spaceballs...ah, i remember watching ur sexy samus at fc6. i think u were playing mookie. I have amnesia..but yea, strangely i do remember that group of people at the airport, lol. Cool =) yea...seemed like a nice bunch.

no johns if i somehow can manage school work and apartment w/ a friend or 2, i'll do it...but at least now i know i'm welcome and should fit in if i do join ya'll.
now that i think about it...****...i seriously think they're going east of nashville >__< cuz they mentioned we'd be close to knoxbury farm and chatan00ga. ****.....

oh well..i'll just wing it, and keep ya'll updated in the coming week when i know for sure.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Cyphus - Greetings, and consider this an official welcome to the area (whether you like it or not - see your sig for pun reference :D). I don't believe I've had the pleasure of making your acquaintance but shall surely look forward to the encounter. I'm host of the INNsomnia series as well as sponsor of the Mid South Power Ranks as afore mentioned (of course with the help of my awesome panelists). I look forward to seeing you at a biweekly soon.

Keta is also from the Nashville area and has recently been to a biweekly. Maybe you and he - along with KOKingPin and their friends who aren't board members - could work something out.

There's also a TN Thread Locator found in the same category, as well as in KO's sig. I think the first post has a list of the TN people and where they live, so you could get a general idea.

The rest of the guys - if Cyph isn't familiar with TN, saying the names of cities without reference to where they are probably doesn't help him much :p Hahaha.

Nite

Smash Champion
That's awesome Cyphus. Hopefully you will be able to move here. We'd love to have ya. I was also at the airport at FC6.

Spaceballs- Ew... Those Nite vs Kyo matches are old and horrible. I guess that means I need new ones even more recent than Nite vs Chad.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Hey Cyphus, hope you are able to make it. Ive never seen your Doc cause my parents wouldnt let me go to FC. =(

And noone mentioned Milk and Cookies Inc. XD
Yang, McCloud, Me, DJBoonbuggy, and Fufu.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Wait Cyphus of the Magical Unicorns? Were you the guy who was bending and ****e in th airport? If so then awesome. ihavespaceballs was right, you have met alot of the scene here when you were in the airport/busstop. We have all gotten better since then so it will be all good to play.

Chad said:
<------- Had the Pika hat
You havent worn that lately. Actually the last time I saw it Kunio(think I spelled that right) was wearing it.

Keta

Smash Journeyman
Wow, alot of posts were made. x.x

Anyway, hello, Cyphus! Nice to meet you. Hopefully you won't be moving to Chattanooga, there's only one player(AuraFox) close to there, and he doesn't play anymore. :(

I think the next closest player is KOKingPin at 2 hours away, which isn't too bad. I live about 26 miles north of Nashville.

Hopefully it will be alot closer than that, because Chattanooga is 136 miles away from Nashville.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Hey Cyphus, if you eventually come to Tennessee I'm sure all of us would be glad to have you here. Most of the smashing scene here is in Memphis and Nashville (there are only three Smashers I know of here in Knoxville, me being one of them), just to let you know. Though, if you end up out east, we'll try to accomodate.

Ah, I'm excited at a another really good smasher potentially coming up to Tennessee! :)

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
I'm rooting for Cyphus being 50 miles south of Nashville. ;)
HAHAHA Me too.

I'll throw in my welcome as well. I too was at the bus station at FC6. Seeing you bend in all those crazy ways was trippin me out. I didnt get to play you, but I played your friend that was with you (drawing a blank on his name right now). He was playing Y.Link a lot. I played him quite a few times with my Link vs his Fox, Y.Link, and others. We all would be glad to have ya at some biweeklies, or at least at INN5.

I agree with Nite...everyone needs new vids up. I'll see if I can get some new tapes and we can record some matches next biweekly. Chad, me and you never did get a bunch of matches recorded like we wanted. This time we will achieve our goal without fail!!!!! ^____^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom