• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia V Biweeklies - Memphis, TN - Next: Mar 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newo

Smash Cadet
i definitely want to play you chad. i have started using pikachu more lately and i would like to play someone who is good with him.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Yeah I think I remember seeing you play Pika a few times throughout the nite (LOL C WUT I DID DERE')

I watched you play IHSB I think as well (assuming that was you...pretty sure though..)

Newo

Smash Cadet
Yeah I think I remember seeing you play Pika a few times throughout the nite (LOL C WUT I DID DERE')

I watched you play IHSB I think as well (assuming that was you...pretty sure though..)
yea his samus tore me a new one pretty good, lol. i have to go to work now....dang it. be back at midnight!

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
yea his samus tore me a new one pretty good, lol. i have to go to work now....dang it. be back at midnight!
Both your Marth and Pika were pretty good for someone new, but Marth is a much better choice vs Samus than Pikachu. Especially (though you had no way of knowing this) with me, because I play the best local Pika all the time, and so I know the matchup better than most Samus players. Keep at it, though, and see if Chad'll give you some training on the little rat.

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
@moogle-thanks for the help with the smash di.

let us know when you hear something zane, of course i know you already were going to

and nite- falco/fox=gay, peach is hawt!

Newo

Smash Cadet
Both your Marth and Pika were pretty good for someone new, but Marth is a much better choice vs Samus than Pikachu. Especially (though you had no way of knowing this) with me, because I play the best local Pika all the time, and so I know the matchup better than most Samus players. Keep at it, though, and see if Chad'll give you some training on the little rat.
Cool, thanks for the advice. I just got off work, I was suppose to get off at midnight, but someone else wanted the hours....that made me very happy. LoL

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
must... smash with someone... killing... computers... everything... black... chaingrab... wavelanding... teching... no actual killing... need... real people... too much... fox CPUs... hungry... real live berries... must... contact someone...

please... someone... PM me so we can smash this week... or... weekend...

ps... go fish...

Newo

Smash Cadet
must... smash with someone... killing... computers... everything... black... chaingrab... wavelanding... teching... no actual killing... need... real people... too much... fox CPUs... hungry... real live berries... must... contact someone...

please... someone... PM me so we can smash this week... or... weekend...

ps... go fish...
real live berries.....mmmm.

3GOD

Smash Ace
There's something I want to try... but I don't think I've played against anyone since the last biweekly I went to. Versus the dreaded Fox uthrow->uair, DI the throw left/right, then Smash DI the first hit of the uair in the opposite direction you DI'ed the throw. Also, from what I understand, actually smashing the control stick / c-stick will move you farther than just holding the stick and relying on the "passive" ASDI (automatic smash DI). I forget who, but someone said to try "dash dancing" in the air to try to smash DI Fox's uair.
@Moogle- I know what you're talking about and I think there is a consistent way to do it but i haven't figured it out yet. It does have something to do with di'ing a certain way in between the hits of his uair i believe...and maybe the direction fox was facing when he hit.

The dash dancing in the air thing is what i do and i'd say it works 50% of the time for that situation, i can't speak of other characters besides peach though.

fox u-throw + u-air = gay...i will find a way around it :)
Yeah, I've heard about this before, but I've never been able to make it work...I need to get MookieRah (if he is still alive) or Dun to just let me try out a few different things and see if we can make it work. If either of you guys find out what's going on, let me know! :)

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
Yeah, I've heard about this before, but I've never been able to make it work...I need to get MookieRah (if he is still alive) or Dun to just let me try out a few different things and see if we can make it work. If either of you guys find out what's going on, let me know! :)
It's not hard to do, it's just frustrating that it's not consistsntly repeatable. All I have to say is practice makes perfect....wait, you play peach?

3GOD

Smash Ace
It's not hard to do, it's just frustrating that it's not consistsntly repeatable. All I have to say is practice makes perfect....wait, you play peach?
I don't really play peach much, though I tend to move around from character to character a lot...I think it should work for most characters though since it's just dealing with DI/Smash DI which is not peach specific. I saw a video in which Pichu (Chudat) was consistently getting out of Fox's (Aho) uair (the strong hit only), and I read sometime that Sheik and Roy also get get out of the strong hit as well. I don't know if it would work for larger characters like Ganon/Bowser/DK though.

Nite

Smash Champion
The rep system is gone. =(

All that work for nothing, lol. It was fun while it lasted.

At least I met my 11 bar goal. :chuckle:

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Virg, can you smash with us sometime this Fri/Sat/Sun? we'd need a place to smash *hint hint* Handorin!! *hint hint* :) :)
It seems I should be good to go, although I am waiting on a phone call from a friend to find out what day he is leaving (like a bum, I have to hitch a ride with him :(). I would offer my apartment as a local, but it is rather small.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Sorry about me and SmashterLink's absense on the boards. Our internet is sucking it up and not working. Only reason I am posting now is that I am at school.

All-Rep system is gone because of gay elitists. *****es need something to complain about and this weeks topic was too much rep.

Lance-Why did you change your sig back to our old one and why did you edit it? Our new sig is much prettier.

Well with any luck our internet will be restored soon so I can post more. Someone is suppose to fix it today(had to burn all suspicious stuff off yesterday, ^^). Until next time, may your dreams be haunted by the thought of a nude Von Karma(For those fans out there).

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
wow, i cant believe the rep system is gone. Im not really sure why they would do that. I loved reading those messages and repping posts i thought were good. Its actually kinda ridiculous, I bet they dont have one good reason to remove the bars. I worked really hard to get the two bars I had, and they just go and take them away. :mad:

p.s. I guess I dont have to worry about neg reps anymore. Now i can really say what i want

Handorin

Smash Hero
Hmm... well I guess I could play Friday or Saturday. I was actually thinking of driving up to Millington to play Zero. He is cooler than you guys, sorry.

P.S. Zero (if you read this) Ms. Crowe is the same Ms. Crowe you had. I asked if she used to teach there and she said yes. She also remembers you. >_>

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Due to problems with the reputation system, it has been temporarily disabled. In a few weeks we may open it up for discussion, but for now please do not post messages asking why the rep system is down or when it will return.

Per Gid...

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
So i had almost 3 boxes and now that is over. why?

Well it seems that nite has lost all his powers now even lvl9 can win the tourney or maybe waldo stole it and is hiding them in the internet, well in any case co i have a dream catcher so that is out of the question

nite i do plan on using a differ charater against you do you mind a frindlie or two and you two lance i won't use shiek this time i want to dk you if you know what i mean

@yang i also want to join in on the smash you guys are having post what time buddy

zane can you feel the love all for you hahahahahaahahha, sorry zane i didn't know

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Yang/McCloud/ possibly Iori- The best time for me would be Friday night and probably Saturday night, though the later may come into question. And if Handorin can't accommodate housing (and no one else can), we could squeeze into my place as a last resort...I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom