• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia III - May 6th - Memphis, TN (Live Results Online! See Post #1 for details)

Handorin

Smash Hero
$25-30/crew maybe? That's about $5- per person.

But you dont have to listen to me as I'm not in a crew and know little of such things.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
post-fest thoughts

@MookieRizzle-had lots of fun as always! Can't wait till INN3 and the night before or whatever :)

@Kyo- I didn't get to fight you much at all besides the peach dittos and the money match...good **** btw. Hope you had enough gas to make it home :)

@SaberGuy'sfriendwhodoesn'thaveagamertag- keep workin on that peach man, hope to run into you at INN3.

@Mankosuki- originally it was gonna be everyone at my house the night before the tourney but now there is a faest going on (those are way cooler anyway). But, we'll set it up like the other day where Mookie, Moogle, and Will A. came over all day and played before going to the INN at midnight-ish.

@everyone who didn't go- your loss :chuckle:

@Zane- i think when Memphis is on a tourney hiatus, you should have bi-weeklies depending on interest :) BTW, i saw a lot of ****ing improvement in your Mario, i'm pretty sure last night was your first win against me :bigthumbu Keep it up man!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Four more on the way

Sup all, Yang here. (not very well known here, yet...)

Me and a couple of my friends are going to come to INNsomnia, so count Yang, Fufu, and Olinger down for the tournament. Possibly two others, but nothing in solid yet.

Hope to see you there!

Nite

Smash Champion
Cool, more people from Memphis. Where do you live Yang? I haven't seen you on the boards before. I live in Millington and so do most of my crew members. It is always fun to play new people, so maybe we can arrange something before INN 3.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
i think when Memphis is on a tourney hiatus, you should have bi-weeklies depending on interest
Why haven't we thought of this before????? That's a **** good idea! Think about how much better we would be if we had fests alternating between mini-tournaments and training sessions? Too **** good.

@Yang
Awww man, you are just a few days late. You missed out on an excellent fest :-(. Anyways, as Nite said, it's great to see new peepz. Good **** for nabbing lots of your buds, man this is gonna be huge.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
@Nite
Im from Germantown, ish. Me and my makeshift crew all go to MUS (please dont immediately think were preppy jerks >.>), so we live in germantown and that area. I'd love to get together before INN to see how I match up with you guys. Like I said, weve never really played anyone from the boards, so we really need to see where we stand

@Mookie
Yeah, >< just missed that gettogether. Hopefully there will be a new one.

I was thinking that the G'town center would host some bi-weeklies if we struck a deal with them. Good stuff.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Sadly there won't be one till the early early early morning of the tournament (smashfest from midnight to 4 AM :-P); however, there will be smash at Lance's place the night before, but I dunno if you would fit with the HUGE AMOUNTS OF PEOPLE crammed in his house, lol. If you guys are willing to drive down to Tupelo this weekend then we would love to play you guys as well as help you with anything you would like to learn and polish up before the tournament.

Thief

Smash Journeyman
SilentJupiter said:
hmm mebbe i don't know if i was the only falco playing girl there. probably...but like i said i have no recollection of the tournament...i just remember the koi...and the pretty water..and the leaves and the HUGE hotel... and the cool rooms that had balconies... lol.

But if so, I'll get you next time! I guess... not much of one for revenge lol. See ya there though!!
It was an amazing hotel, good thing to be mezmerised by. Good luck getting me next time ;)

JC, yes, I wrote the wrong name. Well done catching that :D

I suppose I'll look into hotels, Zane you should see about discounted rates and stuff, also how close to the tournament hotel is it?

Also, I think I'm going to need a team mate. Who'd want to team with meh?

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Thief said:
I suppose I'll look into hotels, Zane you should see about discounted rates and stuff, also how close to the tournament hotel is it?
Well, the Hampton Inn (if I remember right) is like 2-3 buildings down. The Ramada is across the parking lot from the Pizza Inn (original home of INNsomnia) so I'd say like... a mile-2 away (straight shot down 1 road tho, so very easy to get to)

------------------

I actually really like the idea of the biweekly. We can do the typical midnight - 4 until my schedule changes (which isn't until the end of june) and then alter the time depending... I've got the $5 buffet for food secure forever so we can always have that at the biweeklies even.

Do you guys want bi-weekly tourney? or fest like last weekend was?

If we do bi-weekly tourney, then we could put adide like 1/4 or 1/2 the bi-weekly pot to go towards the INN III pot. Up to you guys on that though...

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
McCloud said:
Yang - were you on the JCL convention?
(assuming that the JCL is the latin convention) Nope, but there was a guy named Jack that went who I play with every now and then. He sucks pretty bad though. >.>"
--
@MookieRah
Eh, I just got my drivers license, and my mom is being not-too-cool about driving. I dunno if i'd be able to get to Tupelo, unless I just told her I was spending the night at someone's house.
--
Lets keep the talk about bi-weeklies going, I really need a chance to play with you guys!

Nite

Smash Champion
Bi-weekly tourneys could be cool. Yea adding to the INN 3 pot wouldn't be a bad idea to try to draw in bigger names to Memphis. Kinda like how Smash Aid was adding to the pot with their bi-weeklies.

Yang- Cool, I bet we could arrange something before INN III so that we can all get some extra training in. We could all use as much as we can.

LivingLegend- My brother plays on Xbox and he said that he will mm you for $10. He also said that the Raiders are his favorite team. You better demolish him because he thinks that he is so bad at this game, but in all actuality he really doesn't know how good he is, he just bases his skill off of how bad and how often he beats his friends. That is how all noobs in SSBM rank themselves, so I have a feeling it is the same way.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Zane- Well, I know I said I'd know if my friends from Little Rock were gonna come today, but I don't know yet :( I was supposed to see one of them at church today, and he was gonna tell me. I didn't see him though. I also called him and he didn't answer... I'll try and contact him tomorrow and see if he and his buds are coming. He posts on the boards(rarely) as "Romancing Tragidies".

I'm with McCloud on this not paying for crew battles business. I thought it was more about honor and pride than money.

I'm against the idea of Mutt teams. Kinda takes the fun out of it being with random people. I would mind teaming up with other states if need be. I also wouldn't mind special exceptions being made for crews like the Bloodline and Runaway 7 to be on teams of their own. Arkansas has a total of 5 so far that will be there. Me, Yaun, TTT, Saberguy, and Grandmaster Z(if he considers himself to be an Arkansan). :p

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Nitemare - exactly where i got the idea from... the only difference is I'd like it to raise pot money to get more people, they do it because they're nice and don't have to get more people

Clay - did you just refer to me as Grandmaster Z? I only ask because I was talking to this lady at work a week or 2 ago. And she was like "I have this really hard problem, and I'll call you whatever you want if you fix it." So being the way I am, I said "well, I usually go by Prince". So she says "Well, I was thinking GrandWizard or GrandMaster, but whatever works"... just.. odd.

---- As far as crews go.. I don't care. I've never been in charge of a crew situation before, I didn't even know about crew battles till i saw the FC vids which were just sick as hell. But I do like the concept and thought we could try it if there was enough interest...

<Edit>
Oh, Clay, it's all gravy on this train. I'm waiting on a few more people to finalize, so it's cool. Just let me know whenever :)

Kurosaki Ichigo

Smash Apprentice
OMG! SSBM is crack! I need it right now! I swear I'm gonna cry if I don't get to play SSBM today. Someone, ANYONE, contact me and I'll RUN to your house to play you in SSBM. Must...play...MUST...KNEE! I'll give you my address, phone number, social security number. Whatever it takes to play SSBM!!!!!!! There's gotta be someone on these boards that lives near Stonegate Apartments on Coleman Road just down the street from the SuperLo on Covington Pike. @_@

livinglegend

Smash Journeyman
nice it would be kool if ur bro could bring the xbox/game too so we can save some travelling space too lolz...anyone else wanna step it up and MM me?!?1

lolz INN3 is gonna rock!_!

Nite

Smash Champion
@LivingLegend- You are coming with Mankosuki right? If so, then you guys will be arriving at Lance's house a while before the mini-fest the day prior to the tournament. I live a mile away from his house, so you can just come over to my house and play my brother or vice versa.

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Man this tournament has hype!!! Its great. I am up for crew battles, whether it be state or just your own crew. They are too fun. I am with Mookie. Why didnt we think of bi-weeklies before now? Lance, thats a great idea. I am down for them. Any chance I can go to the INN and play smash while eating their pizza, I'm all for.

@Yang: Good to see new people in the area. Like Nitemare said, we can try and get something together and play you guys.

livinglegend

Smash Journeyman
yes major hype hype!_!

umm nah im not coming with suki...ill be riding with exarch,derf, and unknown (missing 1 person lolz and looking for one lol)!

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Florida Groups Comming:

Panhandle Manhandlers: Mankosuki, Boom Stick, Momo, Fumin, RAM, ROOK (maybe 1 more)

CFL: Exarch, Derf, LivingLedgend, and [unknown]

SFL: Doodah by himself?

Lance87

Smash Lord
hooray! I post an idea about bi-weeklies, come back not even 24 hours later and everyone is talking about it! Bi-weeklies are gonna be awesome! Fests at the INN are too sexy not to have everyone molest them as much as possible! :)

@Zane- I think we should do bi-weekly fests. These are ****ing cool by themselves and if you ask me they count as tournament experience because of the variety of people you get to play. Tournaments could be done if there is enough interest but they don't have to be expensive (maybe 5 bucks, enough to where even cheap *** McCloud won't complain) and they can be like 75/25 split for 1st and 2nd...just suggestions.

@Tupeloopas-you guys have perma housing for bi-weeklies if you want it. My living room floor always has room. :)

Man, INN3 is surfacing more Memphis smashers...i thought we were the last survivors...

@The Bloodline- weren't you guys supposed to have some secret member to unveil or something..and he was supposed to be "famous"...i think we know everyone that goes to tourneys in Memphis...

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
@Viperboy
Theif needs a teammate, and I am surprised he hasn't mentioned it to you already. He plays Fox and has experience teaming with Falcos. I would ask to team with you, but I sorta gave my word that I would team with someone AND THEN the tournament exploded into this ******** huge thing :(.

--------@GRAND MASTER Z AKA ZANE AKA SHADOW OF THE DARK ONE AKA DUDE WHO MAKES SLICK PIZZA---------

I will bring 3 setups like last time, although I may only have 2 cubes. I will try to make arrangements to have 3 complete setups though.

Kurosaki Ichigo

Smash Apprentice
Lance87 said:
@The Bloodline- weren't you guys supposed to have some secret member to unveil or something..and he was supposed to be "famous"...i think we know everyone that goes to tourneys in Memphis...
Yea. Cow was hoping to kick Iori out and invite DarkRain. That plan failed miserably. Cow has little to no say in what goes in this group. Because of him, supposedly, DarkRain had more purpose for coming to this tourny. In order to get DarkRain to join our group we had to be beat him and that was all part of some stupid plan that Cow concocted which he didn't even fall through with. Now he's using his girlfriend as an excuse to not come to this tournament. So, no, there's no surprise Bloodline member UNLESS DarkRain actually DOES join us. <kekeke>

Lance87

Smash Lord
It was DarkRain...I'm sorry guys but that's ****ing hilarious!!!!! He's like, UltraPro...he's not gonna just join a crew that he's (no offense cause i'm scared of DarkRain too) on a whole other level than, some of you guys are good but not DarkRain good. :chuckle:

You wanna mm at the pre-fest for INN3, maybe before that if we happen to play each other?

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Wow... that plan... prolly the most ******** thing I have ever heard. Also, I doubt darkrain was influenced by that crap to come here, I think it was more along the lines of him seeing a large tournament, seeing that there were no big names, and deciding if he showed up he would win a good chunk of money. If anything, all that "plan" did was deepen his belief that the south is made up of a bunch of n00bs who don't know their place. Great job reppin...

Jiano

Smash Ace
You need to change your location to something that
Ok so I am now like 90% sure I am going to this(still that slight chance something might come up) I just need to know if there is housing friday and saturday nights and where. I don't know if I will be bringing anyone else with me either, a 6 hour drive by myself would suck.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Since he'll be the only GA player, and he's comming with you CFL guys... We'll just go ahead and include him in the FL crew. ;)

Top Bottom