• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia III - May 6th - Memphis, TN (Live Results Online! See Post #1 for details)

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
@JC: Funny post about the money match a few pages back.

Regarding crew battles: I think crew battles with your own crew would be the best. No questions or confusion about who is on your team and stuff like that. State crews are always a problem for our state because we have two crews in such a close proximity. But whatever. I am always down for anything. ^___^

@Nite & Lance: When is the next time you guys could come and play smash? After all that great training this passed weekend, we have to keep on our toes and not lose what we learned.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
OK, since the consensus at the moment is for normal "actual" crews, I am down.

@DYC - I was kinda wondering if that was the case, but there was one KS dude that didn't mention anything about Dark and talked about his crew coming, so I figured that it was also possible that they were a seperate group from KS.

But yeah, crew battles are gonna be awesome.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
I've been working for two years since i turned 16 and can't remember the last thing that either one of my parents bought for me. You know all about that though. You're totally helping them get out of debt, btw.
I do what I can, like give birthday/christmas monday to them.

I'm so selfish. :|

I'm not allowed to hold a job during school because my parents think it takes time away from my schoolwork, and it does. Especially with track.

@mcc Yes, Smash fest IS a social event. Unless you consider 50+ people gathered together because of a common hobby being unsocial :p Plus, prom ticket + date stuff (dinner, etc) + tux + misc = > than entry to INN III.
You go to prom twice in your entire life, save for maybe a college prom, which is unlikely.

I would be going to numerous smash tournaments... which would equal more than the entrance to tournaments, and I've already spent 40 more than necessary on this game (INN1, INN2, LR tourney, LAN1, LAN2).

It's just not feasible imo.

And yeah, smash is sociable. But I don't care to dance with/date any of you. :p

There's a difference in social event prom and social event smash. Smash is like hanging out with your buddies and having fun on a Saturday night imo.

Which is why I've decided that I'll more than likely not be going to any more tournaments, maybe some prefests/biweeklies for some fun, but not much other than that.

Unless it's MLG... or something. Whatever. Point is, smash is expensive, and McCloud ain't rich.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I'm for sure not coming... I think. I don't think this starts early enough for the pools to even be done by the time I need to get out (like 4).

Unless we start earlier, but it's too late to try and change that.

Maybe I'll head to lance's house or something.

But yeah, crew battles are gonna be awesome.
Yup. :)

DYC

Smash Champion
McCloud said:
I do what I can, like give birthday/christmas monday to them.

I'm so selfish. :|

I'm not allowed to hold a job during school because my parents think it takes time away from my schoolwork, and it does. Especially with track.

You go to prom twice in your entire life, save for maybe a college prom, which is unlikely.

I would be going to numerous smash tournaments... which would equal more than the entrance to tournaments, and I've already spent 40 more than necessary on this game (INN1, INN2, LR tourney, LAN1, LAN2).

It's just not feasible imo.

And yeah, smash is sociable. But I don't care to dance with/date any of you. :p

There's a difference in social event prom and social event smash. Smash is like hanging out with your buddies and having fun on a Saturday night imo.

Which is why I've decided that I'll more than likely not be going to any more tournaments, maybe some prefests/biweeklies for some fun, but not much other than that.

Unless it's MLG... or something. Whatever. Point is, smash is expensive, and McCloud ain't rich.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I'm for sure not coming... I think. I don't think this starts early enough for the pools to even be done by the time I need to get out (like 4).

Unless we start earlier, but it's too late to try and change that.

Maybe I'll head to lance's house or something.

Yup. :)
Prom is a HIgh school dance with everyone in Tuxedos. Hoo boy.

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Lance87 said:
@JC- lol. You can't edit $735 out of me son! I've already lost $2.83...

Anyone heard from CahPhoenix?
I was wondering about Cah too. He was at INN2. I watched some of his matches and wanted to play him but never got around to it. Didnt Theif mention something about him not coming a few pages back? I could be mistaking though.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Prom is a HIgh school dance with everyone in Tuxedos. Hoo boy.
You're **** right it is. I'm looking fly. :)

But as long as we're downplaying things with condescending diction..

Smash is a game you play in regular clothes with mostly dudes.. Hoo Boy.

I'm not downplaying smash's fun factor; it's just not comparable to a night out with your close high school friends dancing and partying... and in the general company of women.

Perhaps we should stop slamming on prom now? Some other subject, perhaps? You guys could make a decent case for wasting money on movies, but no one so far has failed to bring up that debate...

Aaaanyway, I'm done. We're beating a dead horse here because most of you don't enjoy prom from what I can tell thus the obvious bias lies in your enjoyment of smash over prom... not much is going to change that. Unless smash discs everywhere start malfunctioning...

Let's get back to the tournament now, mmkay? :)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
You're probably the only straight man who actually likes prom. Congrats! :bigthumbu

Handorin

Smash Hero
and you remember?

Anyways, Prom is too expensive, and I dont like to dance anyways.

Thief

Smash Journeyman
SmashterLink said:
I was wondering about Cah too. He was at INN2. I watched some of his matches and wanted to play him but never got around to it. Didnt Theif mention something about him not coming a few pages back? I could be mistaking though.
Shrug, I'm pretty sure he's currently in the process of hating me, or at least disliking me strongly, so probably he's not coming. It'd be great if you guys could convince him to, lol.

Kyo Kusanagi

Smash Ace
Lance, I have to get my Revenge Zelda/Peach(Battle of the sluts)MM even though Iori will get my money back. Everyone , please excuse my friends Carlos(He's a Beaner) he takes things too seriously.

@Cow's Main Mans: Kirby,Mewtwo,Marth.

@Mookierah,JC,And Sunny; prepare for INN3:Revenge of the Bloodline. We're coming for you:)

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I like how Sin was telling me on AIM how great Mewtwo was, cause he was playing with Cow, and how all these things that Cow was doing were incredible, albeit stoppable by various means. He then proceded to tell me that it was an infallible technique that nobody could stop and argued against me about what Mewtwo can and can't do. I think he forgot who he was talking to :(.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Our crew is driving about 10 hours to go in an explorer (aka exploder), but to ease the pain we have a smash setup in the SUV that we r going to smash with on the drive up there.

Nite

Smash Champion
Who would ever question you about Mewtwo MookieRah? That's insane how he could possibly think that Cow's Mewtwo skill may be more impervious than yours. What has the smash world come to these days?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
35 minute drive from my house! everyone should just live with me!! ^^
*cough* mew2 is awful *cough* (also, check the new sig! i hope it works)

Handorin

Smash Hero
McCloud said:
Hand - I wouldn't expect you to. :p
Cause dancing is not fun? Sure the social is great, just the fact I only know how to slow dance and I have to listen to slow music makes it all the worst.

And go ahead and play him as Mewtwo, cause it is horrible :p Unless you wanna pull something out of your bag o' tricks like C.Falcon

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
MookieRah said:
He then proceded to tell me that it was an infallible technique that nobody could stop and argued against me about what Mewtwo can and can't do. I think he forgot who he was talking to :(.
Didnt you know. He is the top authority on Mew2 now. ^___~ HAHAHA Some people pick up a new character and think they can master them in no time. I would never dare to try and have an intelligent Mew2 conversation with mookie. HAHAHA

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
@Kyo- I'll have to think about that Zelda/peach mm. You can just change into sheik and i think she's the closest thing there is to a counter pick for peach....and i don't plan on losing money to iori, our battles are too iffy for me to put money on. :)

*edit*
not that our's aren't, i just really wanted to mm your ness. Tell Iori to mm JC. ;)

@Yang- you haven't seen Mookie's Mewtwo...even though he sometimes talks bad about him...anyways, he's sort of infamous for his Mewtwo skills. You should play him.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
The better my opponent the better my Mewtwo is. My Mewtwo is all mindgames. Actually, if someone isn't all that good I might have a hard time against yas, cause it's hard to predict n00bs. It made me very said when TTT's sheik beat me (it only beat me one time in like 5 or so matches, but still), when I have taken out much more skilled sheiks, Husband, and Zarelid with my Mewtwo. That plus if the person knows how to take advantage of Mewtwo (very few know this) then you are just screwed. So yeah, I have been pretty greatly discouraged to play him. Plus, I have been playing him alsmost exclusively for a year and a half so I am bored with him.

Lance87

Smash Lord
I hate playing people who don't know what they are doing. Since they play so out of whack and noobish it seems like you're sucking when they take a few lives off...

*edit*
I think you should whip him out in tournaments against less experienced people just for fun :chuckle:

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Aww come on MookieRah, you can't give up you have to believe in yourself! When I think of all the great things Suki has told me about you, do you know what I think. I think....... "Mookie Rah, He's a good dude." :chuckle:

Lance87

Smash Lord
yea, everyone in my crew has one character that they pretty much exclusively play with. The only one that plays different characters seriously is Nitemare, even though i think his main is his best in most situations...

Drumma_Boi said:
Yea same here no one plays peach in our crew but me. They all just bicsh at me for playing her. (its cause they lose to her lol) Everyone knows peach is surperior. :laugh:
:bigthumbu i catch crap sometimes...it's the dress' fault!

@Kyo- dude...carlos isn't coming to INN3 is he? All he does is talk crap. Besides, i'm pretty sure no smoking is allowed in the Hotel that INN3 is gonna be at and that guy loved him some cancer sticks.

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Lance87 said:
yea, everyone in my crew has one character that they pretty much exclusively play with. The only one that plays different characters seriously is Nitemare, even though i think his main is his best in most situations...

:bigthumbu i catch crap sometimes...it's the dress' fault!
I'll say it again. If you cant beat Peach, pick Link. HAHAHA Hookshot>Dress ::Gives evil look to Lance:: O__o

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Smashter u should play boomstick's y.link its damm good. We dont have 7 in our crew to take u guys on but our crew has 6 and thats good enough.Our Shiek player (aka Rook) is not yet in the sig.

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Drumma_Boi said:
Smashter u should play boomstick's y.link its damm good. We dont have 7 in our crew to take u guys on but our crew has 6 and thats good enough.Our Shiek player (aka Rook) is not yet in the sig.
Oh yeah. I have heard about Boomstick's Y.Link. I really would love to have some matches with him. Just as Lance doesnt get much peach training, I dont get any Link/Y.Link training. So I look forward to playing him...and the rest of you guys as well. The day before INN should be really fun.

And regarding the 7. One of our members, a samus player, proly wont get to come because of work. He also doesnt get much time to practice because of work. But he really wants to get good. But that will leave 6 of us. PERFECT!!! HAHAHA

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Drumma_Boi said:
Yea same here no one plays peach in our crew but me. They all just bicsh at me for playing her. (its cause they lose to her lol) Everyone knows peach is surperior. :laugh:
I don't mind playing against her. We all know that Samus Counters Peach. ;)

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Yo yo yo...

Sorry about the delay. I had some things come up and needed to get away from the world for a bit. I'm actually in this random truck stop off the interstate somewhere between Little Rock and Texarcana on some guy's laptop. He said he would buy me a coke if I watched it for him while he went to take a poop. Gotta love truckers! (He said something about not wanting to get "finger poop" on the laptop and didn't trust the bathroom floor)

Anyway, I got some catching up to do and probably won't get to everything in one post because I don't know how fast this guy power poops so....

Crew Battles - Regular crew or state or random or whatever is fine with me. I have no crew so it doesn't matter. I just thought it would be a good addition to the INNsomnia tradition

Run7 - If you need a 7th... *coughs*

Slink - Yes, the building is no smoking. There is an atrium thing that is outdoors people can use, as well as going out the front door :p

Seems it's over, but just to reitterate - drop the bashing here (unless it's smash related)... don't want to throw off the Chi of the tourney :)

Thief - (re: Cah..) whether he hates you or not, tell him to come. Even if he does hate you atm it's not like you're the only one there and he'll be forced to be in you're presence for the duration of the entire torney. I'm sure there are quite a few people looking forward to seeing him

Kyo - WTF? INN III: Revenge of the Bloodline? I don't think that was on the flier...

mog112 - it's not that bad actually... Lawrenceville, GA is like 5 1/2 hr drive if your going about 75 if my memory serves me right

Oh, I'm still looking for info about making sigs... How to capture pics etc...

Anyway, that's enough for now, I should be back home early am tonight/tomorrow however you look at it.

Peace

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
PrinceZane said:
Slink - Yes, the building is no smoking. There is an atrium thing that is outdoors people can use, as well as going out the front door :p
Umm...I dont remember mentioning anything about whether the building is smoking or not. I think that was Lance talking to Kyo about not bringing that one dude that was at the fest. That dude was walking cancer. But I dont like smoking anyway so its all good. A smoke free tournament is a good one. Sorry to all you guys that smoke.

Top Bottom