• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

InnocentRoad's Sheik tech vid things

ADHD

Smash Hero
Its funny bc the diddy boards are discussing a single naner lock as well, but it's done alot differently. Sheik in the air is really odd, she can z-throw it down and airdodge recatch it. I think she's the only one because of her weird SH... Diddy has to use a hit-box-less dair for this.

Villi

Smash Lord
It looks very similar to a training mode trick I like to do with Peach. Aerial down toss a turnip, catch it with a dair, rehop-repeat. I must say that it's very difficult to hit someone with a short hop down toss, but bananas at least don't disappear on hitting a shield.

Unfortunately, Sheik doesn't have the option to fast fall if she catches it with an air dodge and doesn't have the luxury of easily fast falling by simply hitting her c-stick down. Works well enough if it's executed right, tho.

Villi

Smash Lord
If InnocentRoad is reading/posting, I wonder if you've had any luck executing short hop fair to single needle to force a get up. It's worked a couple of times at ~80%

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I'm glad Ankoku's a mod now. Good stuff on putting a sticky on this.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Yeah I saw these a while ago... And these are difficult to do... I dont know if this has been discussed yet, but do these combos only work at certain percentages? and by the way, I think the opponent can avoid the needle lock -> Usmash due to tech rolling. Because most "locks" occur due to a player error missing a tech. Or am I wrong?

demodemo

Smash Ace
you cant tech the stun from a footstool apparently, and the needle forces the normal getup (not a the get up attack or roll)

the only reason why the footstool combo is difficult to do is because it is often safer to continue ftilting and lead to a utilt, and plus, if you keep doing this combo your opponent will just need to stop DIing towards you.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
you cant tech the stun from a footstool apparently, and the needle forces the normal getup (not a the get up attack or roll)

the only reason why the footstool combo is difficult to do is because it is often safer to continue ftilting and lead to a utilt, and plus, if you keep doing this combo your opponent will just need to stop DIing towards you.
No. The footstool makes it so that you can't escape the Back Air. You should be free of the footstool after being hit with that, and with fast timing, be able to tech when you hit the ground from the the Back Air. Again, I could be wrong, but it just seems to me like you could tech that.

demodemo

Smash Ace
no, notice how the bair does not connect until the character bounces on the floor. the bair becomes a "jab" during a jab lock, or a laser during falcos laser lock.

meaning you can't tech it.

so basically...

(untechable) foot stool > move with jab like properties( In case of speed and range, in this case bair) needlestorm (for damage) > single needle (to force get up), which can lead to a usmash. All cannot be avoided since you can't tech out of a footstool jump. Hence the name, footstool jump combo. I hope you understand.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
no, notice how the bair does not connect until the character bounces on the floor. the bair becomes a "jab" during a jab lock, or a laser during falcos laser lock.

meaning you can't tech it.

so basically...

(untechable) foot stool > move with jab like properties( In case of speed and range, in this case bair) needlestorm (for damage) > single needle (to force get up), which can lead to a usmash. All cannot be avoided since you can't tech out of a footstool jump. Hence the name, footstool jump combo. I hope you understand.
Oh, I see now! Footstool makes person unable to react (or tech) when hitting the floor... Bair forces 'lock'->needles continue lock... And the Usmash is a guranteed hit, right? no rolling/get up attack?

Thanks demodemo, good explanation.

demodemo

Smash Ace
Very very cool..

Basically, Flamingo is correct. This is an elaborate ftilt set up calculator. Unless I am mistakened, it tells tells you how many frames of hitstun (yes, hitstun) your opponent suffers from an ftilt.

This is very straightforward and easy to understand, but just in case I quickly made a small explanation of everything. Someone tell me if I am incorrect.

edit ops, big typo haha

edit lazy

Villi

Smash Lord
He didn't leave out frames from jump. Jump is 5 frames and nair is 2 frames, etc. The result is frame advantage, not hitstun. The attack will cause more hitstun than will show in the results, but frame advantage shows how many frames of hitstun are left over after you're free to do another attack.

I'm going to quote something from here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=210557 so that y'all should have an easier time using this:

In versus mode, for moves affected by stale move decay, this factor is never 1. If a move is not in the stale move queue before being used, the value of this multiplier is exactly 1.05.

In versus mode, for moves affected by stale move decay, a move is placed in the stale move queue after it is used. The stale move queue contains nine entries, and each entry has a numerical weighting as depicted in the following diagram.

The left of the diagram represents the most recent move to be added to the queue, and the far right represents the oldest move to the added to the queue. Then we have

stale multiplier = 1 – s

where s is the sum of the values of the positions in the queue occupied by the move being used. For example, if the move being used occupies the .1 position, the .06 position, and the .03 position, then the stale multiplier is 1 - (0.1 + 0.06 + 0.03) = 0.81.

demodemo

Smash Ace
whoops, probably should have read the entire chart, missed the jump+aerial parts lol

yeah i see what you mean by frame advantage, it makes a lot more sense than it did a couple of minutes ago.

Sinjihn

Smash Cadet
oishii=delicious

I guess you could translate it to i love bananas but he is referring to the taste lol

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
"The Naritake Step can be done by "dash input > dash input (cancel) > reverse crouch." In numpad notation, "661." It's typically abbreviated as NariStep (nari sute)."

I haven't been able to do this technique once. How do you cancel the second dash input?

Villi

Smash Lord
"The Naritake Step can be done by "dash input > dash input (cancel) > reverse crouch." In numpad notation, "661." It's typically abbreviated as NariStep (nari sute)."

I haven't been able to do this technique once. How do you cancel the second dash input?
taken from tactical discussion... i dunno if it's the same thing, but it seems like it except it doesnt require crawling

- Pivot Technique: True Pivot
How to Perform: After a dash (preferably during a Fox-Trot), start a 2nd initial dash. Before the second dash animation begins, move the joystick in the opposite direction you're dashing and perform any move. C-stick can be used instead of a rapid joystick reversal and makes the Pivot-Smashing much easier.
Effect: Character stops in place, turns around, and uses the move you input. Different from the Melee Pivot in that it is less versatile and can only be performed out of an initial dash.

We've since found that it is possible to perform this using one direction. The effect is relatively the same, except that the character doesn't turn around during it (Unless you C-stick smash in the opposite direction).

OP: http://www.smashboards.com/showthrea...45#post4292745
video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4tmLsflA_c
2nd video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X9oq...eature=related
(The second video serves to demonstrate that the 2nd initial dash may be either forwards or backwards)

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
ya i want more info on this naritake step. like i can't cancel the dash to the reverse crouch. but i can pivot and then crouch.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
i would like more info on this as well, as in what button inputs I should be doing for each step

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXXIyk_Fb6M

*description*
入力は下→RorLでできます。そこから発展。下Aならば下→RorL→Aでできます 。ちなみに台の上かつガード可能な状態でのみ可能。ガードキャンセル台降りはRorL →下(1/3)で可能。

→ RorL you enter below. Developed from there. Then under A → RorL → A or below. The state can only be on guard and one way. Cancel RorL → Guard units are down below (1 / 3).

Anyone know how to do this?........

Tristan_win

Not dead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXXIyk_Fb6M

*description*
入力は下→RorLでできます。そこから発展。下Aならば下→RorL→Aでできます 。ちなみに台の上かつガード可能な状態でのみ可能。ガードキャンセル台降りはRorL →下(1/3)で可能。

→ RorL you enter below. Developed from there. Then under A → RorL → A or below. The state can only be on guard and one way. Cancel RorL → Guard units are down below (1 / 3).

Anyone know how to do this?........
Here you go buddy, the thread a bit old so don't post unless for good reason.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226541

Top Bottom