• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Bits - 3 DAY Brawl/Melee - October 23-25 - Miami, FL (Read quote top 1st pos

Master Raven

Smash Master
I say keep the ICs infinites, since you can cripple them. Gentleman's rule on the other infinites is a good idea since it can satisfy those who are both for and against them. In fact I'd apply the gentleman's rule to wobbling as well.

If the SBR decide not to ban MK by then, you should definitely keep him, you'll get more OOS attendance.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
i still don't see why anyone would ban MK in Florida.

No one's winning with him (Seibrik still wins with or without MK)

nevershootme

Smash Master
porque en octubre?
Because I'm not the one who picked the date, I'm just taking an advantage of a venue and an existing event that I should be able to run a tourney
I say keep the ICs infinites, since you can cripple them. Gentleman's rule on the other infinites is a good idea since it can satisfy those who are both for and against them. In fact I'd apply the gentleman's rule to wobbling as well.

If the SBR decide not to ban MK by then, you should definitely keep him, you'll get more OOS attendance.
we'll wait until post genesis until then
i still don't see why anyone would ban MK in Florida.

No one's winning with him (Seibrik still wins with or without MK)
It's because FL is behind on everything. And I specifically posted that It's pending SBR or under my own discretion, I don't need 1 million posts left and right on this BS debate that doesn't go anywhere, It's either do it or don't
I am going to try my best to get as many NC smashers at this, my parents have a 12passenger van I think they would let me borrow for the weekend, and we can put some TVs in it ^_^
Good stuff, looks like i'll finally meet the NC bros lol

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I am going to try my best to get as many NC smashers at this, my parents have a 12passenger van I think they would let me borrow for the weekend, and we can put some TVs in it ^_^
Yay NC! I've wanted to play some of you guys ever since I couldn't go to HERB. :(
Get ph00t to go! I must play other ZSS!

-!-

Smash Lord
plenty of time to improve my stuff... hey Eddie did ya found someone to help you with this???

nevershootme

Smash Master
I'm making every player from Miami to come to this weather they like it or not (That's more than 50 people off the bat), it's alot of money on the line anyways lol....

I'm also gonna try to throw in a TMNT: Smash-Up side tourney lololololol (Reading from impressions that it's getting pretty good, not like that trash that's brawl)

-!-

Smash Lord
lmao sounds good to me man. This looks really promising, it should be a blast!

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Please spread the word, the more noobs to bash on, the better!
Did someone ring?

Me to chops before match starts: Are you ready to **** me?

Seriously, I lost two stock to a donkey kong :( I won, but still :( :(
I know what to do, but when I'm playing good people I get so intimidated I start fast falling every aerial I do and DIin into their combos.

nevershootme

Smash Master
ok hush about the socks issue, i'll change it at a later date, but you get the **** point it's 3 stocks.

I've just came back from the anime con over there (same venue for this tournament), it's a pretty huge venue with a ton of space and other tournaments in the way. I'm also doing my best to settle the issue of trying to apply discounts for bringing setups, but i feel that this isn't gonna go through very well >_<

also, for those driving, there are parking fees too to park at the venue.

as far as tv's go, i'm doing my best to secure 20-25 tv's from the staff (all tube tv's)

edit: it appears from observations of today that... had 42 people for brawl singles, had to DQ a ton of people for no shows. lasted 4 hours...

was watching Tourney Play in washington, they had with 30something teams, and 100+ singles, with melee on the side (dunno how many). and depending on the amount of tv's available (how many did they have), i'm unsure if i'll be able to hold melee for this tourney. especially with the time we have available

EDIT AGAIN: Look at 1st post for picture of the place

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord

nevershootme

Smash Master
attendence is gonna be massive itself

-yesterday i had 35 people at the anime con for brawl.

-10 people from my school crew would be going

-10-12 people from NC will be coming

-6 from Jacksonville

-10-12 estimated from orlando

-7-10 from naples

-10 or more from the locals in broward area

-about 20-30 locals in miami

And that is for Brawl itself.......................

edit: In sad news, there will be no live stream for this. this is because the internet connection is gay enough that you gotta pay for it

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
someone needs to bring like a verhizon wireless wireless internet card or something

my bro USED to have this thing that plugged into his laptop so he could use internet anywhere...

nevershootme

Smash Master
another issue at hand is this. parking

when i went, parking was $5 for the whole day, with no re-entry. then i saw like prices with re-entry and overnight being $7 and $8... so do your best to carpool and save the cash or if you're staying at the hotel yada yada yada.

DjKaos

Smash Rookie

edit: In sad news, there will be no live stream for this. this is because the internet connection is gay enough that you gotta pay for it
I'm not sure what Supercon's Internet requirements were, but I'll definitely be renting a T-1 line from the hotel for the weekend. I need it for my staff for registration and other things, and other groups will be doing live streaming and podcasting. There should be enough bandwidth to stream Smash as well.

I'm also working on a way to give a discount on entry to those that bring TVs. I'll post more info as I figure out the details.

nevershootme

Smash Master
updatE: I have a discount available for bringing FULL SETUPS ONLY.

letter from the boss:

"I want to offer a discount to those who can provide a setup. Anyone who brings a TV, Wii, and a copy of Brawl (all characters and stages need to be unlocked) will receive a $20 discount on entrance, lowering the door charge to only $15 for the weekend. Upon arrival there will be a tournament registration table where they will check in their system, and it will be cataloged and properly secured."

so yea. you only pay $15 for the venue fee.

also, I will have a live stream available for this

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I just realized that this is after my b day! I'll be there. Doom Dragon will you, if I need it, be able to take me?

And I'll bring a full setup fo sho!

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
I just realized that this is after my b day! I'll be there. Doom Dragon will you, if I need it, be able to take me?

And I'll bring a full setup fo sho!
Yeah sure, I was gonna offer anyways, I'm taking ADHD already and my dad has a pick up so that makes this easier

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
updatE: I have a discount available for bringing FULL SETUPS ONLY.

letter from the boss:

"I want to offer a discount to those who can provide a setup. Anyone who brings a TV, Wii, and a copy of Brawl (all characters and stages need to be unlocked) will receive a $20 discount on entrance, lowering the door charge to only $15 for the weekend. Upon arrival there will be a tournament registration table where they will check in their system, and it will be cataloged and properly secured."

so yea. you only pay $15 for the venue fee.

also, I will have a live stream available for this
Thats a pretty **** good deal, live stream is also quite exciting ;D

I'm really looking forward to this tournament, just gotta make sure we don't destroy the hotel room.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Thats a pretty **** good deal, live stream is also quite exciting ;D

I'm really looking forward to this tournament, just gotta make sure we don't destroy the hotel room.
yea I gotta see what we all can do for the hotel, I'm hoping to drag in a bunch of people to sleep in 1 room so we all don't have to pay alot (making it obvious). I'm unsure if it's per person or per room for the $99 deal, but i'll look up into it

#HBC | Gorf

-Systems: I'm going to be provided with 3 wiis (For either game), 3 GCs (For melee), and 5 N64s (For smash 64) from the staff at the convention and I will bring a wii and cube with my own copies. I really would like people to bring their SYSTEMS AND TV'S to ensure that the tournament will be RUNNED SUCCESSFUL.
Just felt like being an ***hole and pointing out your mistake:laugh:

#HBC | Gorf

Hey hey hey! I like you enough to show you the mistake and joke about it! Am I off of the hook? XD
REMEMBER MY NAME IS POLTERGUST XD

#HBC | Gorf

My dad needs to know if, god forbid anything happens, if I bring a full setup, who will be responsible if something happens to my setup?

Top Bottom