• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Bits - 3 DAY Brawl/Melee - October 23-25 - Miami, FL (Read quote top 1st pos

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Noobie Games will be running tournaments for SF4, BlazBlue, and KoF XII. I will be running Soul Calibur 4 and most likely Marvel vs Capcom 2 as well.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
i'll talk to the coordinator to see if i can get the $15 door fee discount (cuz so far it applies only to brawl atm). and you have to bring a TV and system for the weekend
Yea thats a little more reasonable for people who just enter a single tourney. I should still pay 30 though if I enter mvc2 too though. I will do my best to bring a tv though speaking of which who wants to give nicaboy a ride :) ? From coconut creek.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I'll come to this if I can get a ride, though it might be for melee singles, but I'll talk to Smilez and see if he wants to do doubles. Oh and I'm gonna be bringing my setup for this too.

DjKaos

Smash Rookie
News from the convention organizer (that's me):

I've got the pleasure of announcing that the tournament won't be the only Smash-related event at Infinite Bits. In fact, I've got something for you guys that no other convention or tournament can offer - the opportunity to get your very own world record in Smash!

I've been in negotiations with Twin Galaxies, the worldwide authority on video game high scores. They've been keeping track of game scores since 1981 and Guinness uses their data exclusively for all their video game world records. I'll have two referees on-hand for the convention, and we'll be running a series of competitions, including Smash.

We'll be going for two different Brawl records during the weekend:

Stadium Events - Home Run Contest
- You've got one shot and all you've gotta do is hit the sandbag the furthest. Separate records are kept for each character, so you can choose your favorite character or choose the character whose record you think is easiest to topple.

Endless Brawl
- The enemies keep on coming and they never stop. How many can you beat with only one life?

You can check the current records at http://www.twingalaxies.com
Now get practicing!

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
Oh no ACT johns! on the 24th I won't be able to be there until around 1:00-1:30pm, so i might not play doubles

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
was gonna come until i read this homo ****:

Currently I'm gonna be running MELEE AND BRAWL. if there is itnerest and time, I will hold a smash 64 tourney. If I'm seriously lacking TV's, I would have to put Brawl only.

nevershootme

Smash Master
was gonna come until i read this homo ****:

Currently I'm gonna be running MELEE AND BRAWL. if there is itnerest and time, I will hold a smash 64 tourney. If I'm seriously lacking TV's, I would have to put Brawl only.
well the schedule has been changed and i'm not running it anymore

read this link: http://infinitebitsconvention.com/?q=Tournaments and ignore 1st post stuff.

_WindeX_

Smash Apprentice
Dayyyuuummmm

Call of Duty: World at War
Gears of War 2
Halo 3
Soul Calibur 4
SSB64
SSBB

I wish I could make it to all of these, though I don't have much money, and they probably interfere with each others schedules. :'( CoDW@W....for which console? I'll probably end up doing ssb64 since I'm tired of project64's ****ty online. Tommy G would **** me though....assuming there's time for it of course.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Wait. Theres no melee? Or the reduced fee only works if we bring a brawl setup?
There is melee (attendence won't be great as far as forecasting goes since I'm not getting any support :() , but the reduced fee is listed for bringing a brawl setup (the last time i talked to the con organizer before i had to step down because i'm in orlando)

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
yeah melee players dont even wanna risk no melee.

if i went to a melee tourney where there was only brawl, i would seriously kill the tourney host and burn the venue to the GOD **** GROUND.

BetaWolf

Smash Apprentice
I may be coming to Infinite Bits, but mainly for the convention. Seriously, you guys should check it out, see how gaming was before the Nintendo/Sega ages. Looking forward to some friendlies too.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
so uhh is this still happening? It was on the 3rd page so i figure it needs a bump as its less than a month away

not sure if im going but ill try

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
My High School had the really brilliant idea of having the Homecoming game on the same day as the Homecoming dance, on the 24th, instead of Friday after school like it's always been. Not only there is Homecoming Johns, but there is also ACT johns. There's also the John of not taking this game seriously anymore...

The convention is still happening.

Top Bottom