• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inferno's Decarde, The Bowser Video & Critique Thread

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
<_< Vex I remember when you did that to me T_T, it's Bowser's ultimate bane...Nado from below ;-;

And I will represent of course :3

B!squick

Smash Master
Dude, Limit, that was pretty nuts. I have no idea why Umbre didn't capitalize from below with a barage of UAirs (fear of Bowser's DAir maybe?), but that was a really good game you played. If he didn't have such good DI, you totally would have won, hands down.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yeah...in our "group" Umbre is known for his DI. Unfortunately he had it that match ;-; on top of the fact that I wasn't really doin' too well anyway.

Well, I got 2nd at the Bi-Weekly...I'll settle for that and just do my best next time ._. lol

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
@ Limit, nicely done. Thought you were gonna win that one, meh, next time eh. You should mix around helplessly falling to the ground and SHADing with Klaw hopping, honestly, the results are sweet.

I probably won't have any videos up before TSL. I was planning to go to another smashfest next weekend but some unexpected circumstances caused me to drop that one. Ugh, one of these days i'm gonna move out of this region, America's way more fun

Flayl

Smash Hero
I'll post videos of my winner's finals and grand finals later today.

Bowser for top of D tier.

B!squick

Smash Master
1st vid: 2 stocking with Bowser? Madness!
2nd: Aww...
3rd: Probably should have used Diddy again.
4th: Lol. He did better with R.O.B on your counter pick.

5th: Awwwwww, man, you should have rolled away! D:
6th: Nu! Wrong game! Don't roll, don't roll! D: ... Oh ****! Good job shielding that 9. :D ... Aww, dude...
7th: Ohh! Good job bringing it back.
8th: He seemed to have forgotten how to use G&W's glide for that one SD.
9th: OHHH! Random Bowser Bomb for the win!

*applauds* Good stuff, Flayl, good stuff.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I'm thinking about nominating game 1 from winner's and game 3 from finals to the "best video" thread. What do you think?

B!squick

Smash Master
You could, though somone may call johns on the Diddy Kong player. I don't think he glide tossed more than twice among other things. It seems like a solid vid though. I'd personally have to go with one of the G&W vids.

Flayl

Smash Hero
So it's Wednesday and only JayDeth has commented on my videos...

I'd expect at least a few players to point out flaws and say that I'm getting ahead of myself concerning the "best of" thread.

I hope it's because it's almost August, and not because Bowser boards have died off completely.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Lol JayDeth hit the nail on the head. I think only Ixis gives critiques in this actual video thread

besides, not to be a jerk or anything but you never did ask about your performance or anything really, you just put them up and asked if they were best video material, which is a yes or no question :l

anyway i watched some [im too busy catching up on genesis, i was on vacation] i see you got them good with firebreath at times but i wouldnt really rely on it THAT much unless all the opponents you play are like that, lol

and i want to be an oddball so i iz blue koopz nao, i also started re-using lucario if anyone cares olo

i need to put more videos up...i have one of my falco making a comeback [almost getting 3 stocked] against this pretty good bowser, Seagull Man if anyone knows, JJWolf's apprentice

i also got a few rounds against his wolf too, and we did bowser dittos, but i hate bowser dittos [boredom level gets a TEN!] even though i **** bowsers that dont have "Vex" or "Gen" in their name <.<

im also prone to losing against wolfs anyway, the ones i play are always uber good. anyway, when he was bowser, he knew that fire tears falco's **** up, i dont know when it gets uploaded to post it in the bowser boards because of his performance with bowser or the falco boards because i was the falco and won, lol

i also have a 3/5 set with this rob who adapted pretty well to my style, i ate him up the first 2 matches and then he adapted and hit me back with 2 wins and yea...ill get it up later because i talk too much -.-

Flayl

Smash Hero
I'm not asking for critique, I'm asking for comments. Those are two very different things.

I screwed up some of the firebreaths against G&W, but you should definitely use it against him (better than I did) because:
- Bucket filled with fire is extremely weak and does not allow the G&W to bucket brake.
- You can bait G&W to attack you once you get the ending lag of the firebreath down, and fortress out of shield.
- A full jump firebreath can easily outcamp G&W's chef. Anything that keeps you away from G&W when you're winning is good.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
Hi people im a bowser mainer since 1 month and i would like sometimes to post some viideos but actually i dont have the stuff to record it so if i can send my videos to somebody to put them in youtube . That uld be nice, i would like to have comments and criticize for making me better =D

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
A best of 5 set against a ROB. Not to john but this was played at like 2 oclock in the morning, and...yeah.

I think like match 4 something whizzed through my brain and I was like "DUDE, LETS TRY TO STEAL THE GYRO AND JUST ABUSE KLAW AND UPB!!!" but I failed whimsically.

Anyway, here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rjnla5g8W8&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ianp5Pglkpo&feature=channel

Time break: here it looks like I was doing good right? Lol, I was. I let my guard down and he came back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJMuOrzi0A4&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqngsBwEKG4&feature=channel

The final round:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrYbNC0vMlM&feature=channel

^^So, each link you see is round 1-5 in order. Enjoy

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Posted again from the tournament results thread.

Match 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmvttWGDdFk

Match 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW_VxZ9fzz8

Match 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhTRecX3MsM

Probably the best DK player in the US, Although Bum is a smarter player, Cable's DK is indeed better.
wow... you have the best DI I've ever seen, besides ally. That was crazy, you got hit with two consecutive fully charged africa punches and survived o.o

On separate note, would you mind playing me? I just picked up bowser a few days ago and I think it would help to play someone good :)

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
<3 Your Bowser Vex. Lol you just gave me a new way to play by watching those videos o-o

I'll try it out later/next saturday @ Gauntlet <333333333333

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
wow... you have the best DI I've ever seen, besides ally. That was crazy, you got hit with two consecutive fully charged africa punches and survived o.o

Thanks.

On separate note, would you mind playing me? I just picked up bowser a few days ago and I think it would help to play someone good :)
Sure if you find me at a tournament feel free to walk up and say hi and I'll gladly play, if your refering to wifi, I'll have to refuse. My bowser is awful on wifi.

<3 Your Bowser Vex. Lol you just gave me a new way to play by watching those videos o-o
And what way would that be?

<333333333333
<33333

Flayl

Smash Hero
It's not like I haven't tried, I just get usually hit by the UpB. It's kind of hard to time it just right, considering the horizontal speed of the donkey spin.

But then again that's why you're the best Bowser.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
It's not like I haven't tried, I just get usually hit by the UpB. It's kind of hard to time it just right, considering the horizontal speed of the donkey spin.
This is true, I have really really good reaction time I guess, I literally Klaw at ike's fsmash.

But then again that's why you're the best Bowser.
Arguably, theres no solid proof.

B!squick

Smash Master
I wish my net wasn't being ********, otherwise I'd watch the other two vids now. But from what I saw of the first, great job proving why you're so awesome, man. :)

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
A few months ago I finally got over my Melee-influenced mindset and realized that klaw is indeed his best move (and not fortress). I've been abusing the **** out of it since

Also why are you moving to DK's backside after the 2 fortresses at 1:39 in the first vid!!!! Especially when DK was at a low enough percent to punish the ending lag with a bair!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know why I'm putting so many exclamation points at the end of these sentences!!!!!!!

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
A few months ago I finally got over my Melee-influenced mindset and realized that klaw is indeed his best move (and not fortress). I've been abusing the **** out of it since

Also why are you moving to DK's backside after the 2 fortresses at 1:39 in the first vid!!!! Especially when DK was at a low enough percent to punish the ending lag with a bair!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know why I'm putting so many exclamation points at the end of these sentences!!!!!!!
Weak upb is normally safe against many characters, not DK, I realized this after the set.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I can definitely agree on that. Being worse than top of low tier would be very sad.

Okay, I'm done with the off-topic <_<

Top Bottom