• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inferno's Decarde, The Bowser Video & Critique Thread

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
All you need to do in Bowser dittos is space Klaw and breathe Fire. How hard is that? lol

Flayl

Smash Hero
I'm taking a long time to make more comments on the videos. There are two reasons, the main one being the forum going down every 5 seconds, the other reason is that I couldn't find anything that stood out to be that wrong in Godzilla's strategy His execution could be improved but it's pretty good. I also think Fox could've played a lot "gayer" once he had taken the lead, maybe then people would see he shouldn't be low tier, lol.

I have some things to talk about:
- I think you could go for a ledge hug against Fox when he is recovering and punish his recovery lag with a FAir (refresh ledge invincibility frames by dropping and upB'ing)
- Maybe not challenge Fox head on in the air so much, can't even remember if that was a real problem
- I think you can SDI Fox's rising FAir - meaning when the Fox is double-jumping and FAir'ing at the same time - downward and escape. But I'm not completely sure.

Godzillabr

Smash Rookie
Tnx for the tips flayl.
actually, these low tier foxxes were hard in the torny, I dont agree fox is a low tier, but, well...
most of the players did play with fox this camp, a samus here, a ganon there, some bowsers, but mainly foxxes.

it was one of my first experiences agains foxxes, so I didn't know about the Fair priority, the releases that work, how to EG(also im bad on the edge when it comes to fast ledgehogs, need to improve this) and the Dair>Utilt fox have that is hard to upb when u dont know the right time and also clash with the fortress sometimes.
I'll try to get out the fair with smash DIs on the next time.
also, I think i messed up in the counterpick, norfair.
I didn't knew the lasers fade when they run a certain distance, I learned in after the final match >.<
also, fox fair was giving a lot of trouble on norfair, it was winning the klaw most of the time.

In the end, I realized I should've picked japes >.<

srry about bad english.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Fox is odd.

His dair will only combo when it's fresh. If it stales even a bit, you can shield and punish it.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Tnx for the tips flayl.
actually, these low tier foxxes were hard in the torny, I dont agree fox is a low tier, but, well...
most of the players did play with fox this camp, a samus here, a ganon there, some bowsers, but mainly foxxes.

it was one of my first experiences agains foxxes, so I didn't know about the Fair priority, the releases that work, how to EG(also im bad on the edge when it comes to fast ledgehogs, need to improve this) and the Dair>Utilt fox have that is hard to upb when u dont know the right time and also clash with the fortress sometimes.
I'll try to get out the fair with smash DIs on the next time.
also, I think i messed up in the counterpick, norfair.
I didn't knew the lasers fade when they run a certain distance, I learned in after the final match >.<
also, fox fair was giving a lot of trouble on norfair, it was winning the klaw most of the time.

In the end, I realized I should've picked japes >.<

srry about bad english.
Stop using Klaw so predictably right above fox, you got punished with upsmash multiple times.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Don't pick Japes against Fox, seriously. KingKong can also tell you that's a bad idea, from first hand experience.

Delfino seems like the best counterpick IMO, use uneven terrain to counter his camping and it messes with his recovery.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
dont pick japes seriously, youll get camped to death. Usually I use rc against fox, but almost all the players in my area ban that stage against me now *sigh*

In rc fox cant camp well, and you can easily predict his movement due to the stage moving. Punish his sideB and be patient and it will not be hard.

Godzillabr

Smash Rookie
fox don't have representants in brazil, on the other hand, wolf, olimar and peach are very well represented.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I must say, I saw one of Ixis' battles against Calzorz's Captain Falcon on Battlefield.

That Klawdrop kill caught my eye.

On a lesser note, I have ~5 more weeks until school ends. yay.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBa6S62yT0Q#t=1m49s

oh, I'm just a sophomore in high school. I still have a long way to go.

I just go to the Hotchkiss School [boarding school in northwest CT] and it ends soon. I'm hyped because I can Brawl again.
I really don't understand the point of using fair in that situation other then being flashy, bair would have done the same thing.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Klaw couldn't hit him, it gets canceled when you cross platforms. Can't klaw after crossing the platform either, 17 frame start-up.

Flayl

Smash Hero
That's what I was talking about in the second part of my post, you don't have enough time for the hitbox to come out.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
So...anyway, the bottom line was that I was impressed by the kill. I've actually never thought of doing that until the day before yesterday.

Even though the move was impractical, I liked his quick thinking and it worked to his advantage, so props?

Top Bottom