• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inferno's Decarde, The Bowser Video & Critique Thread

Flayl

Smash Hero
oh my god, you had such a nice thing going on in the first stock of the first match, and then you did... that

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yeahhhhhhhhh, I have a bad habit of randomly SDing if I don't practice a lot. XD

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Zig, why does your Bowser have to look so good and make mine look so bad...

Flayl

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmSdq4f8TI4&#t=00m57s

That was weird. A lot of wasted opportunities in that vid too.

Watching game 3 now. Zigsta if pikmin are stuck on Bowser's face the only way to get them off is dash attack or UAir. If they're on top of the shell you can FAir them off, lower part of shell will need NAir. Jabbing can swat incoming pikmin, but most of the time it won't get them off. I noticed more SDI problems during Olimar's UAir and NAir and UTilt.

You still did better than I expected.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I noticed two problems..well one. I pointed out the speed hugging thing, all you have to do is a qc motion. I didn't know practice was necessary for that though lol

and you let Dabuz sit too comfortably on platforms in the second match..there was a point during the beginning of your second stock where you up tilted and then just sat there. You should have klawed at that point..

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Please criticize me. I'm still getting used to Bowser and it's really hard to not want to troll, so there are some... rather strange SDs and such, but it should be easy enough to notice when I'm actually trying to do something.

SkyPirateCoud (Bowser) v. Zigsta (Mario)

SkyPirateCoud (Bowser) v. IG88 (Marth)
1 2 3

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
zigsta you were playing the matchup completely wrong. all you need to do is camp with fireballs and upb out of shield whenever bowser comes near you (trust me, at high level play this strategy is top notch)

props to cloverleaf for winning a completely unwinnable matchup though

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I like how Zig punished with a fail grab about 20 times when he couldve just running usmashed half the time for double the damage or a kill.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Please criticize me. I'm still getting used to Bowser and it's really hard to not want to troll, so there are some... rather strange SDs and such, but it should be easy enough to notice when I'm actually trying to do something.

SkyPirateCoud (Bowser) v. Zigsta (Mario)

SkyPirateCoud (Bowser) v. IG88 (Marth)
1 2 3
I just have to say..

Big Dango family

*runs*

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Actually, as a Mario player myself, Mario does not love grabbing Bowser near as much as most people do.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
which one

if you talk about mkwii, i will murder your family.

i despise that game.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
MKWii and MK7 mostly. And whats wrong with MKWii? Bowser is actually good in that game lol.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Pretty neat how the Bowser boards have multiple social threads. XD

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Pretty neat how you're trying to troll my board, you scrub!!

:phone:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I am one-hundred per cent serious about picking up Bowser. There is absolutely no trolling involved.

B!squick

Smash Master
I don't know, I've never seen you play. I'm sad because someone has to proclaim that they're 100% serious and absolutely not trolling before anyone will believe that they're picking up Bowser.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I legit picked up Bowser for Low Tier events. I co-main him and Mario in LT. Before, I could just stick with Yoshi, but now that he's gone, Mario/Bowser for me.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811

Flayl

Smash Hero
You did OK. Just keep in mind Snake can SDI into you and BAir out of firebreath, so use it only when you know you can't get yourself killed or BAir'd into an edgeguard scenario.

DAir beats Snake's USmash from above so consider that if he uses USmash close to you.

At 145% (more or less) look for BAir, UTilt and DTilt opportunities, you missed some like at 1:26. Klaw will be too stale to be useful unless you've recently grabbed and pummeled him.

I don't know if you know this but since I didn't see it when you could've used it (like at 1:56): If you land on a platform while using aerial klaw you can hold down and immediately use an aerial while falling through the platform.

As Limit has pointed out to us the best default option for someone shielding on a platform above is to short hop klaw them, FAir can actually get you punished because how low the shieldstun is in Brawl (and Bowser is so massive when he's done hitting them the upper part of his body is still hittable)

Nice attempt at klaw-gimping Snake at 2:03, too bad he was too close.

Good use of Bowser's UThrow for the second KO, Snake is one of the few select characters UThrow is decent against.

Tearbear

Smash Ace
i dont think i wanna use dair just to beat upsmash unless he has traps set up
but thx for the tips
i thought the guy was a random since i had never seen him before but he was alright

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I think nair also goes through usmash.

Nair has less cooldown but it doesn't have a landing hitbox like dair does.

Dair is only really good for eating shields and from the ledge. Nair outclasses it in almost every other regard.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
It was mentioned in the moveset discussion thread.

I know it does have good priority though.

I'm starting to ff nair instead of bomb cancel. It's safer in some ways and can catch opponents offguard.

I personally think dash attack and nair are underrated. I don't think DA is as bad as everyone thinks it is. Perfectly spaced DA that tip them with his nose punish landings and jumps from a range nothing else can except maybe fire breath, and it puts them in the air. It's not spammable bur it's a nice mix up that people don't see coming.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Nair's a great GTFO move. I nair instead of spotdodge against greedy opponents who like to juggle Bowser.

I typically only ff nair to bait a grab. Ff nairing shield, bait the grab, and get a free fsmash. It works for dair, too.

Dair's also good for reading rolls, and it's pretty easy to land a ftilt followup. It's still Bowser's least used aerial, though.

Top Bottom