• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INDIANA thread, Register your names for the first post!

Gracen

Smash Cadet
If anyone wants to come to AC's get together this week were hoping to have enough people to have a teams turny....there will be pizza!!!!!!!!
if you need any info PM me or AC or both!!! lol
(think...lost of people)

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Hey, we only had 9 people show up for South Bend Smash League... that's sad, including with the fact we had 24 people sign up... *sobs*. Anyway, can anyone make it from outside South Bend too?

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Stop crying, the largest amount of people that have shown up at tims in like 2 months has been 3... Where'd everyone go?

Gracen

Smash Cadet
Jekyll....where do you live...maybe we can arrange a ride for you.....or anyone else thats (really!) close to fort wayne!

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Jekyll....where do you live...maybe we can arrange a ride for you.....or anyone else thats (really!) close to fort wayne!
I'm at school in Bloomington. Not exactly close, I don't think. I'm going to see what's up with my car when I head home for the holidays, so maybe Things will change soon.

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
Jekyll is the Luigi player from IU that I played with last year fyi Nick... it's going to be near impossible for it to be practical for them to come to one of our's due to the driving trip... it's like 4 hours $$$$$$

(BTW thanksgivng friday night we are going to go to Ultrazone tell everyone $15 until 1 be there 8:30)

UM yes Terry you should come thanksgiving weekend... I'm trying to get it to happen at my house that Saturday... Heck come friday night and we can do laser tag and you can spend the night at my house...

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Let's say I was interested in hosting something one the NE side of Indianapolis. Would anyone be interested in some sort of monthly thing if I tried to put one together?

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
Hmmmm.... So something we should think about for next year.

It seems to me that the Indiana scene has grown some and is.... a bit more peppy then in years past.

I propose that we arrange an Indiana Circuit starting in January and happening about once a month. Next year we will be happily playing Brawl and or Melee and this would be an easy way to facilitate our urges to smash with others.

Locations that I am nominating

1 Indianapolis January
2. Fort Wayne Februay
3. Purdue/ W. Lafayette March
4. South Bend maybe? April
5. ? May?

The months and order are not that important.

I would be willing to organize a Fort Wayne Tourney. Would there be people from these "Smash centers" of Indiana that would be able to organize something that could at most hold like a 64 person tourney?

This is something that I feel that if we can get going would increase the skill of Indiana smashers and make us gain more respect in the smash community. Not to mention it would be fun as hell. College and city crew battles? Daaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyum...

Let me know what you guys thoughts on this actually happening/ enthusiasm etc...

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
9 is a really good number for a local smash event.

Indiana Circuit could be attemped, but it seems like few of us travel outside our own cities.

jobrown4

Smash Apprentice
hey prime i hope samsh isn't this thrusday (11-15-07)... its next week right? or not cause of thanksgiving? >.<

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I shall be latez0rs again. My car is in a parking lot and contains my brother and father and they're not home yet...

Kel

Smash Master
Dear Indy, please hold a tourney before brawl....even if it's not a circuit.

Love, Kel

P.S. Somewhere around Indy or off I-74 would rock. Thanks!

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Ummm... how's about the NE side of indy? I could probably even get a vinue and everything I'd just need TVs, cubes, games, and someone to help host... *coughTIMcough*

I'm actualy really interested in hosting a tourney I just have a bunch of logistics I would need to figure out...

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
9 is a really good number for a local smash event.

Indiana Circuit could be attemped, but it seems like few of us travel outside our own cities.

Well if we made it worth it i think people would want to. I mean has it been done before? It just seems like we now have at least 4 strong established communities when it was kinda just south bend before. Fort Wayne has a very good sized deal going on. You guys are doing something in Indy. From what I can tell the Purdue community has grown. IU has something and South Bend is trying to get something going again. This isn't even mentioning the lucky ones NW that do Chicago stuff.

Before I only really ever heard of South Bend actually doing something.

And I left out December because it seemed like it might be to soon to organize. I have never organized one before though. If i get say 15 people outside Fort Wayne willing to come to Fort Wayne for a tourney sometime between Christmas and New Years i'll organize it. My church has already said they would be willing to host something in our gym. I can even provide housing for like 8 people as long as some don't mind sleeping on the floor and I'm sure others wouldn't mind providing more housing.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
No, an Indiana circuit never happened. Most people are locals because of just that, they don't really travel. We had about 20 some people coming regularly to the South Bend events, and only about 5 of us ever traveled consistently. That's why I think a one-time event would be best.

We bounced around some ideas, and the biggest problem with Indianapolis is housing. My apartment is full with just my crew here, and there's not really anyone else that can host. However, this may not be a problem since it won't be a super-long tournament and people can probably just drive home afterwards.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Mrobinson587, I'm heading down to IU today. I'll be there until late tomorrow.

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
No, an Indiana circuit never happened. Most people are locals because of just that, they don't really travel. We had about 20 some people coming regularly to the South Bend events, and only about 5 of us ever traveled consistently. That's why I think a one-time event would be best.

We bounced around some ideas, and the biggest problem with Indianapolis is housing. My apartment is full with just my crew here, and there's not really anyone else that can host. However, this may not be a problem since it won't be a super-long tournament and people can probably just drive home afterwards.
Well I would travel more if I had a team mate *sigh*. If only I didn't love teams so much. Yep that was a john. Anyway I don't think an Indiana circuit would happen either.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Has anyone ever thought of having a state-wide tournament for all Indiana smashers? That would be pretty cool if it were to happen.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Well hopefully we can get something like that to happen as a substitute for the indiana circuit. It'd have to be a one day event since, like Tim said, housing is a problem. I know my parents would say know without a second thought about housing other people. It was hard enough to pull their leg to let me go to Tim's on thursdays.

jobrown4

Smash Apprentice
Well sorry bout missing prime. I'm down Takumaru if you got any ideas. I could prob get something togerther with TV's, like maybe 3-5!!! and prob 2 cubes. Also come Dec. I am getting my own place with gf, its on the east/north east side of town. I'm going to want to hold a few smash fest sooner or later...

Gracen

Smash Cadet
Well if we made it worth it i think people would want to. I mean has it been done before? It just seems like we now have at least 4 strong established communities when it was kinda just south bend before. Fort Wayne has a very good sized deal going on. You guys are doing something in Indy. From what I can tell the Purdue community has grown. IU has something and South Bend is trying to get something going again. This isn't even mentioning the lucky ones NW that do Chicago stuff.

Before I only really ever heard of South Bend actually doing something.

And I left out December because it seemed like it might be to soon to organize. I have never organized one before though. If i get say 15 people outside Fort Wayne willing to come to Fort Wayne for a tourney sometime between Christmas and New Years i'll organize it. My church has already said they would be willing to host something in our gym. I can even provide housing for like 8 people as long as some don't mind sleeping on the floor and I'm sure others wouldn't mind providing more housing.
I can provide housing for at least 3 people!

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
wow! good thing so many people showed up to AC's...NOT! Seriously? there were like 6 people there. come on everybody.

Yeah we had about 20 last week so I'd say we are one of the more popular ones. it just varies so much because we have it every week and it's hard for people to make it every week

like i said before we had almost NOTHING at the beginning of the summer so the fact that we can get 20 people coming is nothing short of amazing. That's some really fast growth for a community

itwasluck13

Smash Rookie
yeah mrobinson it has grown really fast. i think the first time i went there were around 8 people and last time i went there were definetely near 20 ish people. and its only been maybe 2 or 3 months. Whats going on with the Ft Wayne tourney? you should definetely do it. ill show up for sure.

Gracen

Smash Cadet
Ya know....fort wayne doesn't have to many bad players.....(not like everyone thinks)

People should come....you might find somthing out that you didn't know fort wayne had!

lol

Top Bottom