• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INDIANA thread, Register your names for the first post!

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
If the IU guys can host people I would say give it a shot, as far as an all-Indiana tournament goes.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
I can bring it up with some of the guys. I'd be able to host quite a few smashers at my place, but I'm not sure who else would be willing to(Most of the smashers I would ask are currently my housemates)...

Grand Champion

Smash Apprentice
I think it should be held either in South Bend like FC or near Fort Wayne as there are lots of players that live within an hour of Fort Wayne.

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
We should just hold it in North Manchester...It's really central for everybody. This is a half joke, if somebody thinks it's a great Idea I suppose I could look into a venue.

Grand Champion

Smash Apprentice
So there is a purdue smashfest this weekend? I might go because the league got postponed a week.
Well, let me know if something happens . . I might be able to do it as well, not sure yet.

We should just hold it in North Manchester...It's really central for everybody. This is a half joke, if somebody thinks it's a great Idea I suppose I could look into a venue.
That's works well , A venue there would work well.

Gracen

Smash Cadet
If we can set it up where it will happen on a friday night....me and AC will be there...and we can bring people....soooooo it sound like it i possable!

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow I didn't realize my idea was actually valid. Still, I'd like to get a couple more people on board with the North Manchester idea before I take any action. *glances in Kish's direction*

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
Oh wow I didn't realize my idea was actually valid. Still, I'd like to get a couple more people on board with the North Manchester idea before I take any action. *glances in Kish's direction*
If you are willing to thats great... most don't realize that it's so close to Fort Wayne, but I would still go...

Anyways I'm not going to wait I'm going to start planning something for late January with a snow date unless Kish can come up with something soon. Location wise Indianapolis is the best as is requires the least traveling for everyone overall. It's still the best even if there isn't a good venue because anywhere else makes it a really long trip for somebody else meaning it's less likely that people are going to go.

The main thing is that i don't want to compete with established tournies or big ones and I want to make sure everyone in Indiana that wants to go can clear their schedule. I really want to focus on this being an Indiana tournament so if any of you are active and in a leader position(someone that runs local events, weeklies) in a community and want to go to a Indiana tourney post it here or PM me. I know about anyone that's coming to AC's obviously.

Grand Champion

Smash Apprentice
Well actually there's also communities in Hammond and several tournaments running in South Bend, so Indianapolis is not the least traveling for everyone. It should be in a place in between the three major communities in Indiana (such as North Manchester).
It's also a good idea to set it up during Winter Break, whenever most people have it. A snow date without snow would work though.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Well, I brought the idea to KishSquared today, but I was planning on holding a X-Mas Tourney for SB/Michiana Smash League, but then it occured to me... since I have seen nothing on a X-Mas Tourney for any other Smash Leagues in the state (correct me if I'm wrong), then I would be willing to turn the SB/M X-Mas Tourney into a Indiana State X-Mas Tourney in South Bend (yes I know it's not in the middle of the state) and it would be held at Trinity Evangelical Free Church (same place MELEE-FC is held every July). So, would this work out?

EDIT: The dates I have posted on the Tournament Calendar is the 28th (and 29th if needed) of December.

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
Well actually there's also communities in Hammond and several tournaments running in South Bend, so Indianapolis is not the least traveling for everyone. It should be in a place in between the three major communities in Indiana (such as North Manchester).
It's also a good idea to set it up during Winter Break, whenever most people have it. A snow date without snow would work though.
Actually you make a very good point. I was trying to think of the people in southern Indiana but besides IU I don't really think there is much. If they can get up to Indy and hitch rides at least....

Also i don't know if it would be easier or harder for people to make it on break. If we made it say after Christmas would it be harder for people to go as groups because they arn't close to each other like at school... but easier because most won't have to worry about school stuff.

Ball state, hammond purdue and IU people please contact me

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I thought that the 28th and possible 29th would work because it is in-between times of people travelling for the Holidays (Christmas and New Year's). The other nice thing is that it seems people that are in colleges around here seem to reside in many of the "major" cities in Indiana (Indy, South Bend, Ft. Wayne, etc.) so that may help the travelling issues. I know I'd be willing to car pool for an out-of-town tourney.

Gracen

Smash Cadet
I know a lot of fort wayne people would come to any event that someone could set up in the area.....Manchester is good...we just have to make it happen!.....people will come!

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
It's only a 90-mile drive for me, so I wouldn't mind it there. Pretty much, I'll go to anything no farther than Bloomington.

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
Ok well I guess I'll start planning a North Manchester tourney. I'll talk to the Ft. Wayne guys tonight about some general details, and hopefully have something posted in the near future.

ice-

Smash Journeyman
Ok well I guess I'll start planning a North Manchester tourney. I'll talk to the Ft. Wayne guys tonight about some general details, and hopefully have something posted in the near future.
Wow, the only problem I see with this is the lodging issues.

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
We could do it on a Saturday to avoid that problem. I think the people with the farthest drive would be the Indianapolis smashers and that's only about a 2.5 hour drive.

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
So how are people doing on planning a holiday tourney? We have about 20 days if we want to reach our target date.... Indy people? North manchester people?
I am going to go to the local venue today to see if it's open to be used on the 28/29th. I'll be back with an answer around 4:30 hopefully.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Sadly(as far as this is concerned), I have to attend the Insight Bowl with the Hundred...So I won't be able to attend anything on the 29th and most likely the 28th...

This makes me sad :(

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Well Jek, I would probably pick going to a bowl game instead of a smash fest, so have fun with it.

As far as I know, I will be attending.

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
Ok peeps. The venue is confirmed. We're looking at a December 29th date. I'll have a thread up in the midwest forums by the end of the night hopefully.

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
Attention: 2 weeks from now on Dec. 22 starting at 8pm the weekly venue will not be at AC's house

It will instead be at
XSCAPE GAMING CENTER CAFE
6722 E STATE BLVD 46815-7762

260-493-4515

It is in the strip mall east of the library (the Georgetown library is the big round thing in the plaza if you are looking at the satellite map). It has a white sign with thin blue lettering.

Why? Simply the Fort Wayne community is growing too large for it to be feasible to be held at anyone's house, mine included.
Also we are looking to grow more and having it at a neutral location will help with this.

Now here are some things...
the guy is being very gracious in letting us use the space. He has a business to run and usually charges $5.00 an hour to be there and to be playing. So first of all, don't go off and start playing other stuff unless you've paid him for that. (Which actually if you want to say check out Rock Band or something this might be worth your while). We are bringing our own setups so there is no need to do anymore that BYOC except....

If we are to do this on a weekly basis what we need to do is make this so he can make money. This shouldn't be hard. Every week someone is hungry or thirsty. And he has a concession stand with all your gamer needs including energy drinks and snacks. So really it's win-win but we need to show him that we can make him money by buying food and maybe paying for a couple hours and checking out the games they have.

This is only for the 22nd right now, this saturday it's still at AC's . So come make it a success... ask off work NOW, bring your friends and your appetites. This could turn into something big

If you have any questions about stuff, ask here or PM me.

Edit: It is FREE to come and do smash sorry if i didn't make that clear.

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
NOOOOOOO OF ALL NIGHTS MY COMPUTER DECIDES TO DIE LAST NIGHT. Give me another day and the thread will be up. I'll work on it after I get off work at 3:30. Expect it up by tonight. Oh yeah and SCREW COMPUTERS

Gracen

Smash Cadet
Attention: 2 weeks from now on Dec. 22 starting at 8pm the weekly venue will not be at AC's house

It will instead be at
XSCAPE GAMING CENTER CAFE
6722 E STATE BLVD 46815-7762

260-493-4515

It is in the strip mall east of the library (the Georgetown library is the big round thing in the plaza if you are looking at the satellite map). It has a white sign with thin blue lettering.

Why? Simply the Fort Wayne community is growing too large for it to be feasible to be held at anyone's house, mine included.
Also we are looking to grow more and having it at a neutral location will help with this.

Now here are some things...
the guy is being very gracious in letting us use the space. He has a business to run and usually charges $5.00 an hour to be there and to be playing. So first of all, don't go off and start playing other stuff unless you've paid him for that. (Which actually if you want to say check out Rock Band or something this might be worth your while). We are bringing our own setups so there is no need to do anymore that BYOC except....

If we are to do this on a weekly basis what we need to do is make this so he can make money. This shouldn't be hard. Every week someone is hungry or thirsty. And he has a concession stand with all your gamer needs including energy drinks and snacks. So really it's win-win but we need to show him that we can make him money by buying food and maybe paying for a couple hours and checking out the games they have.

This is only for the 22nd right now, this saturday it's still at AC's . So come make it a success... ask off work NOW, bring your friends and your appetites. This could turn into something big

If you have any questions about stuff, ask here or PM me.

Edit: It is FREE to come and do smash sorry if i didn't make that clear.
Wow man....you destroyed that!!!!!!! NO ONE could of said that any better!!!! lol
I was wondering if you were going to post that same night or not ha ha...good deal...

*Clears Throat*

BUT Yea guys.....LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN....COME ON!!!!!!
THINK BIG, THINK BIG!!!!!! LOTS OF PEOPLE!!!! :chuckle:

Top Bottom