• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

- Inb4Xmas -1st netchamp tourney! December 19, Montreal, Quebec, Canada

swordgard

Smash Hero
Inb4Xmas

GENERAL INFORMATION

Inb4xmas is the first tourney which will be done at netchamp, a new venue which recently opened a new section for video game consoles. If everything goes well, we can continue on having tourneys at netchamp more often. This venue is revolutionary in one thing: We will not have to provide any TV, only a couple of consoles. I have come in contact with jin, the person in charge of the venue. We agreed that a tournament on this date would be a possibility, and everything should in theory get confirmed by the 30th of November. There are a couple of changes compared to other tourneys though. The tourney would probably start at around 1 pm, and will at most end at 3 am. We are currently discussing the possibility of having a live stream. Brawl is confirmed as being the main game, with singles and doubles, although a second game will probably be chosen to be one of the main events(either melee or brawl + ).

Link to stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/swordgard

Date: Saturday, December 19th, 2009
Time: 1:00 PM to 3:00 Am

Tournament Organizers

Swordgard - Brawl singles and doubles and main host
TBA

Venue rules

TBA

Entry Fees and Format

Brawl
Singles - $15-$?(Depends on venue fee)
Doubles - $20 per team ( $10 per person)

-Round Robin Pools if time permits (size and quantity to be decided depending on sign-ups); top 32 players advance to a double elimination bracket. All matches are best of 3, except for Winners', Losers', and Grand finals, which are best of 5.

Prizes:
- Singles and Doubles: 60%/30%/10% split for 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Schedule

TBA

General rules:​

• 3 Stock
  • 8 minute timer
  • Items are set to "off" and "none"
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
  • Each set is best of 3 save for Winners, Losers and Grand Finals which are best of 5
  • Team Attack is always on.
  • Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
  • If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
  • If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce 1 stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Neutral stages (will be on random select):
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks (are not on random select, but are legal stages to be selected):

Rainbow Cruise - Melee
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pokemon Stadium - Melee
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd

Jungle Japes - Melee
Brinstar - Melee

Banned (can never be used under any circumstances):
Port Town Aero Dive

Norfair
Pictochat
Pirateship
Luigi's Mansion
Onett - Melee
Hanenbow
Corneria - Melee
Pokemon Stadium 2
Bridge of Eldin
Green Hill Zone
Mushroomy Kingdom
Mario Circuit
Rumble Falls
Distant Planet
Spear Pillar
Skyworld
WarioWare, Inc.
Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Green Greens - Melee
Shadow Moses Island
Temple - Melee
Yoshi's Island - Melee
Big Blue - Melee

ANY custom stages

Brawl+ Singles Rules

• 4 Stocks
  • 8 Minute Time Limit
  • No Items
  • If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You can not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.
  • First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.
  • Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.
  • You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.
  • Neutral Stages:
    • Final Destination
    • Battlefield
    • Smashville
    • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
    • Lylat Cruise
    • Pokemon Stadium 2
    • Wario Ware
  • Counterpick Stages:
    • Delfino Plaza
    • Frigate Orpheon
    • Battleship Halberd
    • Castle Siege
    • Yoshi's Island (Melee)
    • Corneria
    • Rainbow Cruise
    • Brinstar
    • Pokemon Stadium
    • Wifi Waiting Room
  • If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it (best 2 out of 3, no items, FD only).
  • Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
    • If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
    • If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.

Participants

South Shore:
    Swordgard
    Hells
    Holynightmare
    YoyoX
    Guard
    Hatecrew

Montreal:
    Techiyo
    Mar1
    Krewman
    Dom
    Kingkong

GTA:
    .decoy
    PNDMike

Ottawa:
    Sherbrooke:
    Nevermind!
    Wckd
    Fornaxxx

Quebec everywhere else:
    Jerry3333
    Stroumbert

Equipment:
    Obviously, a tournament needs a sufficient amount of equipment to run smoothly; this is where we as hosts put our faith in everybody for making this as efficient as possible. For all you generous people, please include your willingness to share your following equipments

TVs
    Provided by netchamp!

Wiis
    Swordgard

PS3

Power bars

Extension Cords

Recording Equipment

Housing

I'd like everyone from the MTL area to help out here.

kr3wman

Smash Master
we could try that new build next weekly or something

EDIT : omg wolf got nerfed I can't believe it.

PND

Smash Champion
I'm really interested in going to this. I'll be in touch if I'm coming / bringing anyone with me / going with anyone else.

PND

Smash Champion
Done. I'll hit you up on MSN some time to confirm. I can pay you in money or sexual favours.

OR a mystery box.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I dunno, don't trust the mystery box, decoy, lol. And could I possibly get a spot in your car if you go, Mr.Echidna? I'd go in on gas and all that jazz.

PND

Smash Champion
A) Yes, that is Knuckles from Ottawa, the MK and Best Zelda in Canada (Tru fax)

B) The venue is providing TVs, right? Do we know if they are CRT or HDTV? HDTV has a little lag on it. Might be something worth checking out.

yoyoX

Smash Rookie
count me in ;)

but for brawl

and if its 15 dollars for both i will do meele too

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Except it would split in the pots and Melee-only players would be extremely pissed off at funding the Brawl pot with their money.

In short, it would hurt more.

Top Bottom