• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Does anybody here believe Jigglypuff would be any more viable with this sudden change in the ruleset?
Some says it could be beneficial, but Im not sure...

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Jigglypuff would be more viable if norfair and rainbow cruise were legal. How much more viable you ask? Good question?

Last edited:

Osennecho

Smash Ace
I didn't get any alerts from this thread in over a page of posts :( Um I actually think in theory Yoshi's should be one of Puffs better stages but in practicality it's the exact opposite.
Also, I wouldn't mind the one stock thing as Puff. I'd hate it with most characters though.

Cold Fusion

I always strike/ban yoshi's. Always. I get camped too easily underneath the platform.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Also, I wouldn't mind the one stock thing as Puff. I'd hate it with most characters though.
Id love one stock with Yoshi/Bowser. Yoshi is super draining, and Im all for winning with 5 moves with Bowser lol.

Last edited:

Osennecho

Smash Ace
I always strike/ban yoshi's. Always. I get camped too easily underneath the platform.
I hate it too, but on when I'm truly on point I find the stage a lot better. Kills are easier and it's just a question of one's spacing and baits being godlike. If I'm not on point it's one of my worst stages if not worst though. Pretty much a double edged sword.

Cold Fusion

When stage striking, which stages do you guys strike and why? Which neutral do you gaise prefer to play on? Recently I've taken a great liking to smashville because of the moving platform.

No one will respond to this because no one plays Jiggs anymore.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
When stage striking, which stages do you guys strike and why? Which neutral do you gaise prefer to play on? Recently I've taken a great liking to smashville because of the moving platform.
Everyone will respond to this because Everyone plays Jiggs
It depends on the match-up for me. If the opponent also has trouble killing or I know I should be outspacing them/they don't have a projectile, then I like FD. The only thing I have/had equal to the top echelon of players was my DI/momentum canceling.
I also have a fondness for smashville, but almost everyone does. I also like battlefield (but that's more of a bias from also playing Marth). I tend to strike what I imagine my opponents best stage or favorite stage is in the match up normally (possibly not if it aligns with my own).

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I usually strike Battlefield because **** that stage. But as Jiggs I like it.

Cold Fusion

So two new pokemon revealed and neither is Puff. :sadeyes::c:cry::crying::urg:

Seriously, Jigglypuff is like literally a copy-paste job. How hard could she be to add?

Last edited:

Cold Fusion

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't there a thread dedicated to perfect resting here a long time ago? Do I just suck at using the search function?

Last edited:

Cold Fusion

Probably is an abandoned thread, but do you mean resting frame perfect? Can you clarify? When I hear perfect something I think perfect shielding.
It's when you rest an opponent when they hit you with an SDI'able multi-hit move. Iirc, it's also called rest interrupting.

Last edited:

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Ah yah I've read some thread on that a while back. If you are looking for a thread that compiled all SDI'able -->Rest moves, I don't think one was ever made. There's a lot of moves, but most are either jabs or aren't going to happen in tournament setting. At competitive friendly play you may get the chance to rest a TL if it goes for 2 hits of fsmash though. I know Raptor did that to my friend once because he was salty about it afterwards.

P.S.
I'm just happy you didn't mean moves you can invincible rest 1st frame and hit on second frame like Mario's dsmash (pretty sure it extends his hurtbox which is why that works).

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
The search engine doesn't find the threads that were created before the migration to xenforo.

So the thread still exists but you have to go manually through the archives to find it.

The most notable examples I remember are Diddy's and Zelda's Fsmash.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I did that rest interrupt or whatever on a Snake's utilt last weekend lol

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
What point is there? Jigglypuff is a bottom tier character of a dying game. Its not really a surprise things are dead here.

Cold Fusion

Everyone knows that Jigglypuff is secretly a high tear character...

Cold Fusion

Her playstyle causes a lot of tears

if she times you out
More like an angry TO who DQ's you for timing someone out via excessive stalling... with a BOTTOM TIER CHARACTER! Seriously, would you ever DQ someone for excessive stalling as Jigglypuff? That'd make you look like a complete buttcrack.

Last edited:

Cold Fusion

Well, I've yet to be DQ'd for "stalling." Sometimes I feel bad for my opponent so I end up approaching even when I have no reason to.

Uhh... does anyone have any ZSS tips?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
To fight against ZSS?

In the beginning of the match run away until her armor pieces are gone. Only grab and throw them away if you can safely pick it up.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Sorry guys but, I'm moving back to Melee. Had my first Melee tournament yesterday and it went really well and I've been in the lab with puff learning new things that are actually working and I've felt like I've made more progress than I ever have had in Brawl, which makes sense because shes top tier in that game lmaooo.

Anyways yeah Im gonna be goin :C If I don't see you all or Jigglypuff in Smash 4 then you can find me at Melee. Byee

Cold Fusion

Sorry guys but, I'm moving back to Melee. Had my first Melee tournament yesterday and it went really well and I've been in the lab with puff learning new things that are actually working and I've felt like I've made more progress than I ever have had in Brawl, which makes sense because shes top tier in that game lmaooo.

Anyways yeah Im gonna be goin :C If I don't see you all or Jigglypuff in Smash 4 then you can find me at Melee. Byee
Dare I ask, how did the tourney go?

Top Bottom