• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
It was almost 2 months after the release of the game (mar 25th 2008), so I don't think "revealed" is the appropriate term lol.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
So yeah, boards are dead right now.
No surprise there though, we're all depressed thinking that Jigglypuff might never make it.

I'm gonna say this though.
I really wish to do a collective memorial for the departure of Jigglypuff if she never makes it.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I say the whole thing should just be one massive picture of a gravestone with RIP JIGGLYPUFF etched into it.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I thought that the lack of activity here was just depressing. But then, I saw the bowser boards.

lol

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I think most of us have given up on Brawl and are just waiting for Smash 4, regardless if Jigglypuff makes it in or not, this place isn't ever going to get any more activity ever again.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Super easy combos, ****ty graphics, gimmicky and overly-manufactured characters, scrubby community, less fluid movement (esp. around platforms), less technically demanding (and by extension, less satisfying to succeed in), overpowered recoveries, slightly different timing and physics to melee (so you can't go back and forth that easily)

pm is mediocre

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Super easy combos, ****ty graphics, gimmicky and overly-manufactured characters, scrubby community, less fluid movement (esp. around platforms), less technically demanding (and by extension, less satisfying to succeed in), overpowered recoveries, slightly different timing and physics to melee (so you can't go back and forth that easily)

pm is mediocre
nah, PM is better.

Cold Fusion

I think most of us have given up on Brawl and are just waiting for Smash 4, regardless if Jigglypuff makes it in or not, this place isn't ever going to get any more activity ever again.
Oh I'm well aware of that. At least we are not the bowser boards.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
If you do aerial Pound diagonally into the ground at the right height, and then hold either forward or backwards, you slide in that direction.

If you end up on the ground with no slide, you did the Pound too late/too low down, and if you end up in the air, you did the Pound too early/too high up, so you need to get somewhere in the middle
The timing is tight, it's easiest to do by short hopping, waiting for puff to fall a bit, and then doing the pound

You control how far you slide by how long you hold the control stick forward or backwards for, you can't act until the slide is finished but you can buffer stuff out of it
Being able to stop the slide essentially means that if someone catches onto your sliding, you can trick them into thinking you'll slide into them and then stop and shield just outside of their range

In terms of practicality...
1. When you jump away from the opponent you can Pound into the ground away from them as an extra landing mix-up, slide backwards for surprise aggression, slide forwards to continue the retreat
2. You can Pound into the opponent/opponent's shield aggressively and then slide back to avoid punishment
3. You can jump into the opponent and then b-reverse pound away as a feint, and then slide backwards or forwards as an extra mix-up
4. If mastered, it would give you another way of making your movement more erratic (doing it on platforms and out of wavebounce or b-reversed pounds constantly, using the stage as a playground)

Last edited:

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ VIDEO OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

I couldn't get it to work.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Getting a video together would be tedious atm, I can do it at the next tourney when I have access to recording software but yer

If someone streams I can tell you what you're doing wrong

it is genuinely just pretty ****ing hard tho

Osennecho

Smash Ace
^It is genuine. When I played more often (so before and up to SKTAR2) I discovered it (probably after Grim/most good Puffs :p) and implemented into my game on a somewhat consistent basis vs my friends and people there. It was nice to try and bait out a grab/up smash OoS from my friend's Olimar and then see him confused. I always found the forward slide easy enough and the backwards pretty ****ing hard like Grim said. Maybe that's just me though.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Oh I know what this is, it works the same way as crawl sliding. If you land/have a shift in movement the frame you also have a momentum freeze (the frame Jiggs would freeze completely in air) it will cancel out all movement bar the movement input on that exact frame, allowing cool slides and such. You can also do this on platforms with Yoshi's egg roll to rocket forward instantly at double egg roll speed witj no hop (you can also land with egg roll to do a similar thing without the boost of speed), its possible to VERY slightly move (almost unnoticeable lol) with GW's bucket, you can do a boosted spinning kong with DK on platforms, etc. Nobody ever does them though because most are hella hard to do (Yoshi/DK) or totally useless (GW), but I honestly didnt even realize Puff could do this and it just now occurred to me that that Pound has a freeze (which is why no matter what you hold after/during Pound, you'll always stop completely for one frame). Pound is probably the best move for doing this too since you can land with it and it doesnt hop/jump/etc like most momentum freezes (most are up b's).

Try getting it on Yoshi's Island's angled floor like in that video and see how far you go :D I know Yoshi can go like 60% of YI with a crawl slide.

Last edited:

Osennecho

Smash Ace
I kind of thought everything about Puff had been discovered by that point and knew what I was doing so I didn't think to ask more about it +_+... Oh well.
And @Z wow.... I didn't know that was a real thing... I had it happen a couple times (the crawl slide) but since I don't play characters w/ crawls except on random I could never duplicate it. It's also nice to here why the sliding works with Puff. Half the time when I do things I just do them and don't actually know why they work/bother to understand.

Last edited:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Yoshi's Island for new counterpick? XD

Thanks for the explanation Z'z, I'd heard of crawl sliding and yoshi's egg roll boost before and I recognised them as similar, but I never knew why crawl sliding worked until reading your explanation just then

Last edited:
Top Bottom