• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Osennecho

Smash Ace
But I use gardener hat puff ): That's the best puff there is.
Sun Hat Puff for God tier Puff... I wanted to use Puff in a doubles set at Xsmash and wanted blue for the hat... Opponents were like but we have Sonic who is always blue and I went :( and went a different Puff and lost. I got every kill (4) for my team when my partner was MK the match I went Puff. He was so badddddd. I think he even killed me that match... Idk if you remember the MK and Marth who fought you and Thunderstorm there, but I was the Marth who blatantly carried.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
You know, it would be legendary if there was a puff who could go against someone by managing it's powershields.
Imagine, powershielding every MK's moves that tries to land.
Puff players needs to go to that era where powershielding becomes her new meta.

*Btw im going crazy*

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Well i DID lose my sanity the moment i saw the brand-new Tier List, so saying something like that was nothing but wishful thinking.
So really, nothing special about it.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
I have a falcon main living 30 minutes away from me. Falcon is free.

People forget one thing about puff. She's the only low tier who can recover well.
Samus kinda can, but not as well.

Puff gimps high tiers and Diddy

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Puff gimps high tiers if the opponent Fs up, but I dislike trying to gimp with Puff in the NJ area... It tends to not go well against most people. Actually the higher level players can gimp you with their characters easier than you can gimp them.

Idk really.... From my experience I can't agree with you. I'm much closer to Raptor's Puff is last belief than Puff isn't bottom four.

Well i DID lose my sanity the moment i saw the brand-new Tier List, so saying something like that was nothing but wishful thinking.
So really, nothing special about it.
That's ok. I lost my sanity when I saw Marth was at 5th.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
^LIKELY STORY PECHY PECH

Falcon is really, really ****. Also I don't see why Diddy/Puff gets so much hype as a good MU for Puff; it's certainly not bad, but fair + banana and popgun pressure makes it really hard to get in on a good Diddy imo, I wouldn't say the MU is much better than Falco or ICs (the 3 are probably her best top tier MUs).

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Raptor isn't a compotent puff. He's a random puff who wins cause he's unorthodox lol

Diddy is even if they don't know how to puff, -2 if they do.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I disagree. Diddy/Puff MU is so difficult. I face Zinoto quite often. It's about banana control. It's even if you keep banana control, but if Diddy does, it's -2

SoulPech

Smash Master
double post since I can't edit my original one: I've also face Player 1 too. Like, If you have stage control, the MU is easier but if you don't have stage control nor bananas, it's an uphill matchup

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
It's good relative to her other MUs, at least.

And I'd say it's -1 if anything cause it's hell hard to get in on Diddy, but once we do he's pretty free and we can wreck him with the lead, but I don't like giving MU values.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Raptor isn't a compotent puff. He's a random puff who wins cause he's unorthodox lol
Not competent. Wins as Puff. 0_0.... Sounds like a paradox to me. Unless your opponent is a complete scrub, I'm impressed by Puff winning. I'm surprised and disappointed for the same reason whenever I beat my friend's Oli and Snake with Puff.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol, Raptor doesnt win with Puff. Like, he can beat scrubs with Puff, but he cant beat competent players with her. Also, he would never use her in tournament outside of pools/early rounds, and if he did it would be against specific MUs/people and hed have to use her only as a very light secondary, plus would never get top 16 in locals without using another character to carry his Jiggs.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Typically the people I'm beating with MK I could beat with puff if I tried really hard, but I'm taking games off of people my puff would never touch

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah, I dont think any low tier in this game can win at high levels without another character to help. The best example of that if probably Quik and his Samus. He does fantastic with Samus, placing REALLY well everywhere he goes, but he also uses ZSS to carry Samus through her unavoidable hard MUs.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Mhmmm well you know top 16 in NJ/NY area is kind of absurdly impressive -.-.....
And my Puff does as well as my Marth... In some matchups it does better... Xanadu I did better with Puff except for my match vs Xzax but at Xsmash I did way better with Marth. Only set I won there my Marth carried >_>
And personally I actually don't mind fighting MK with Puff. M2K, Zero, and some other really high level MKs ability to gimp Marth at high level makes it so I'd honestly rather go Puff. Won't win regardless, but I do/would do better as her.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Yeah, I dont think any low tier in this game can win at high levels without another character to help. The best example of that if probably Quik and his Samus. He does fantastic with Samus, placing REALLY well everywhere he goes, but he also uses ZSS to carry Samus through her unavoidable hard MUs.
YB's Samus is better though.
Blah could have sworn this was in the above post. Sorry for DP.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Seriously though my puff isn't bad. Like Gashi said though I don't really use her in tournament unless I'm really bored. The best I did with her was 4th out of 16 once. Idk where ice cream is going off saying my puff is bad when hes never seen it.

Angiance

Smash Lord
New Jigglypuff strategy: after losing your first two stocks within the first 30 seconds of the match, calm your nerves, breath in and out, clear your heart, soul, and mind; put your opponent at gunpoint. It's pretty legit ^-^

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Better Jigglypuff strategy: First select Jigglypuff on the character select screen. Next, move your selection hand over top of Jigglypuff and pick up your player token. Now, move the hand two characters up, and two characters to the left. Press A.

Top Bottom