• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Me and Vex got on Steam against Kakera and his partner. We won match 1 but lost the last two. Went Jiggs match 3 for the hype and got my **** wrecked lmao.

As for singles, I was feeling a bit of deja vu from last year, to get out of Pools I had to beat a Peach named Goofball who wrecked my Diddy, and then I came back to win matches 2 and 3 with Jiggs.

Jiggggglllyyyypuffffuuu

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
^ How was your match with Rafa? Did you go Jiggs on him?

SoulPech

Smash Master
I got to see Papa Mink, but i was so scared to talk to him T_T. Got to play against DaPuffSter in teams. kept spanking my teammate, got 7th in my pool though I should've beaten MikeKirby. I Choked. 1st Apex tourney and i'll do 5 times better next year

SoulPech

Smash Master
i know I feel so bad :'(

but hey

if you decide to come up to Armageddeon, we can chat there. I'll bring my flask.

there's even a club located in the mall too O.o

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Yoshi vs MK. I was actually sandbagging him which is why I didn't go Jigglypuff against him. I don't remember which kill it was, but just watch it you'll definitely know when you see it. Let me know what you think ;)

:phone:

SoulPech

Smash Master
I'll be updating the results thread with the results from Apex and How the Puffs did. Just let me know how everyone did either on here, on the thread, pm, skype, mail, pelican, number (so call me mabey) or whatever.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
4th in Pools, beat thekeist with Diddy and Goofball with Jiggs, lost to Malcom and Mr. R

In the final bracket I lost to Nairo and Player-1.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
^
I've been saying for a while now that Puff's ability to run away is really strong. Even though G&W can theoretically counter any of your approaches with something, if you just keep weaving in and out without committing to anything you'll learn his habits. Then you can just bait and punish safely.

And if you have the lead, Puff's problem with approaching doesn't exist anyway.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
oh that makes sense

i thought you meant like me specifically using puff was funny

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I have a pocket puff and I post here.

Im 1-0 with her in money matches and Ive earned a whopping $1 in total with her throughout my Smash career.

#swag #yolo #bestpuffna

SoulPech

Smash Master
^
I've been saying for a while now that Puff's ability to run away is really strong. Even though G&W can theoretically counter any of your approaches with something, if you just keep weaving in and out without committing to anything you'll learn his habits. Then you can just bait and punish safely.

And if you have the lead, Puff's problem with approaching doesn't exist anyway.
You misunderstood me. dapuffter teamed with Vex, which uses GW. I was referring to the team, not the solo MU. That MU is still super ***

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Since this is like the 2nd time that I've had to beat Peach with Jiggs after losing with Diddy, I feel like a discussion is needed to find out exactly what the MU ratio is on Jiggs vs Peach. The two Peach's that I've lost to as Diddy and then proceeded to 2-0 with Jiggs were Dark Peach and Goofball btw.

Now after fighting Goofball he was confused as to why I was beating him with Jigglypuff and we thought of a couple things as to why.

- Jigglypuff's aerials have more priority than Peach's.
- Jigglypuff can easily air camp Peach, due to having a faster air speed along with being able to stay out of Peach's crappy vertical range.
- Jigglypuff's huge shield stops Peach's shield pressure. (Goofball mentioned that he was known for breaking lots of people's shields, yet couldn't break Jigglypuff's because its bigger than the rest of the cast.
- Peach has a hard time killing, just like Jigglypuff. (I lived to 200% once during our set)

So really if you think about it, both characters have a hard time killing but in trades Jigglypuff will usually win, and when in the lead Jigglypuff can successfully air camp Peach. This is one of Jigglypuff's better matchups for sure, what do you guys think?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I play against a Peach regularly and I've had consistent trouble dealing with a combination of turnip camping, the speed of nair and the range/safety of a floating fair.

Every character has the same size shield in Brawl.

EDIT: With that said, I don't think it's that bad a match-up at all.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
We have a huge range advantage in the air (our bair might lose to peach's fair but it's slow as heck), better mobility overall, and we can go WAY offstage to gimp her.

I personally like the MU a lot.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Not necessarily gimped off the bottom.
If we catch her facing towards the stage while offstage, she has like no options against Bair. Outranges Nair, Fair is too slow, UpB can leave her open for punishes, counter would be a dumb idea.

Even if we don't kill her, she'll take a lot of damage getting back to the stage.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Every character has the same size shield in Brawl.
This is blatantly incorrect. Shield size varies between characters. If you need an example, have Bowser and GW shield next to each other and look at how big of a difference there is.

Top Bottom