• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

C.J.

Smash Master
Omg. I know right. Do you drink? If so, what do you like? I'll assume we are gonna drink before we go out.
Nope. I've never had alcohol and plan on never having it either. I have a really addictive personality and don't trust myself.

So I'm basically the best DD ever since I never have to not drink.
:phone:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Well thats fantastic!!!

I used to never drink, dunno what happenned.

Either way. I think me and Mauricio (You'll love him, nicest person you'll EVER meet haha) are taking a concert enhancer. So i might actually love a DD :D

I think there's more of us going too, my friend Sarah is coming and possibly Billy!

We're going to have a fun time. Are you leaving the next morning?

edit: i ask because mauricio is staying til friday and you're welcome to chill as long as you want.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Guys, guys. Don't forget to watch canadians being free on this saturday's Show me the Poutine 2 STREAM. Infos are on said tourney.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Wow so many posts those last days, are you guys trying to make this thread lose its name ?

Also I've been playing some more Puff those days and dayum I feel dumb for not noticing how godike her grab is. It feels so good to weave with Bair then simply walk in and grab.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Wow so many posts those last days, are you guys trying to make this thread lose its name ?

Also I've been playing some more Puff those days and dayum I feel dumb for not noticing how godike her grab is. It feels so good to weave with Bair then simply walk in and grab.
or Dash Attack. That feeling where they shield and your Dash Attack still hits.

:phone:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Dude, da is soooo bad. Best time to use it is on landings and if they're right next to the edge because if they shield it, they can do almost anything.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Ditto, also why DA a shield when grab has like infinite range and does stupid damage ?
Come to think of it isn't pummel+throw Jiggs' most damaging move ?

SoulPech

Smash Master
Dude, da is soooo bad. Best time to use it is on landings and if they're right next to the edge because if they shield it, they can do almost anything.
Yeah i know. However, If they hold out their shield too long and if it depletes, it can poke through shield and they would get hit. I don't always do it, but it is a mindgame tactic, especially after using bair 17 times and then you just run towards them and they're like "What is she gonna do?". Your options are to Grab, retreat, DACUS (maybe) or just throw out a Dash attack if they're near the ledge.
Also, the Dash Attack is an available Mixup option to use. I rarely use it, but it's a good option to have if they're near the ledge. Even then, some players would try to react if I run towards them and they get punished for it. It's not like you're "Herp a derp. Ima just dash in 8 times" or "Ima at kill percentage...IMA JUST DASH IN". It's a good option to use to knock them off stage...way better than a f-throw and it kills at about 110% most chars when it's fresh.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I wish my state had 100+ people tournaments.

Whenever we do anime cons and stuff we usually get around 40-50, but theyre all mostly scrubs lol.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
^^^^^^^^
Last anime convention didn't even have a tournament because apparently they only run tournaments for games for two years after they come out.
I told them they already broke their own rule by doing a Brawl tourney last year, but then they said they did it because they were using an "experimental ruleset" (5 stock, 6 minute, 4 player FFA with items on and stage on random). Which I won by literally playing as gay as possible with ROB.
Then I spent the day on the Brawl rotation setup in the game room and went Dettaknight in basically every match to show scrubs how dumb he was.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well i like, know the people or now people who know the people who run the anime cons and **** so i or someone else from the scene make the rules lol.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Just got back from Retribution. Puff got streamed and had a lot of compliments, V115 called me out saying I was fat (T_T). Was even commentating a little. Drowned in Pools even using Wario. Did bad this time. Dishonor on my Puff famry :(

Goast

Smash Journeyman
A couple of questions from experienced puff players
1. Does playing wifi hinder your skills? (It may be because I'm so bad to begin with but it's improved my game)
2. How often do you lcancel? (or do you mostly just space)

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
1. Wi-Fi shouldn't hinder your skills at all as long as you have a good connection. However, it will teach you to play more based on prediction than reaction, which isn't bad for offline-play per se, but it isn't optimal. Many top players have started with Wi-Fi and achieved success relatively quickly after switching to offline-play.

2. L-Cancelling is a Melee-only Advanced Technique.

SoulPech

Smash Master
A couple of questions from experienced puff players
1. Does playing wifi hinder your skills? (It may be because I'm so bad to begin with but it's improved my game)
2. How often do you lcancel? (or do you mostly just space)
1. Wifi is good to get the basics down, like how the character works, kill percentages, spacing, etc. Playing offline is good to get some tactics down that require a strict timing.

2. There's no L-cancelling in Brawl, unless you're trolling this thread -_-

Goast

Smash Journeyman
I use fastfall to buffer a DACUS.
I was wondering about that. I tend to dacus, and glide toss a lot in my game. Wondering if done responsibly how usefull it actually is. I don't up-air quite as much so this might be helpful to incorporate.

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll be clocking in some training mode hours.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Only at low percents to combo into utilt or read an airdodge and charge usmash.

And puff has no glide toss, but Z dropping, or fairing with a banana is good.

For example, with armor pieces with ZSS i glide toss them alot. But with armor pieces as puff it's much better and safer to Z drop them and try to force ZSS to retrieve them and punish her for that.

With bananas we travel the same speed as them when thrown, so we can follow up easily if we throw forward and jump forward.

Goast

Smash Journeyman
I also play diddy/falco a lot so any gliding/cancel style technique is important to my gameplay. Plus I'm use to melee style movements. Though I don't play melee puff >.>

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Dacus to punish empty SHs, some characters like to SH a lot.
Things like Marth doing SH Fair, Falco doing SHDL or Samus doing missile cancels have the ascension of their SH vulnerable, and it's something you can reach thanks to the high reach and speed of Jiggs' dacus.

Plus Jiggs flattens herself during the Usmash startup animation, making it even more likely to pass under hitboxes.

PS : personally I fastfall to get to the ground and be able to grab faster.

Top Bottom