• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[In Need for a Patch] Collection of Glitches, Balance Issues, Missing Features & other Problems

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Just a small note, you called "Custom" moves "Costume" moves in the first post.

Jucchan

Smash Journeyman
Common Glitch

Villager's Lloid rocket has increased damage and knockback when used near the edge.
Condition:
Try to ride the Lloid rocket next to the edge.
Consequence: Damage and knockback are significantly increased. Does 27% damage as opposed to the normal 17%, KO's Jigglypuff at 33%, Mario at 47% and King Dedede at 58%.
Source: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24552897

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
For the patch naysayers screaming bloody murder:

Information:
As of October 2, 2014, new update data for Super Smash Bros. has been made available for download in the Nintendo eShop. Users will be required to download this update prior to using the software's online multiplayer features. Because of this, we strongly recommend that all Super Smash Bros. players download and install this update data.

Update Details:
  • Enables online multiplayer features.
  • Adjustments have also been made to balance the game and make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11692/p/430

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
That patch seems to... almost be a lie?
From what I've gathered, people with early NoA/NoE versions have been able to play online/with anyone already (as in, japanese players). And the Japanese 3DS version has not received any patches today/yesterday either. In other words this "patch" was already available to anyone with the full version of the game.

There's no way the patch would make it any different to the Japanese version, and the only thing that's been patched out for "game play experience" was Peach's auto ban bug (from what we know) and this was a week ago. The day before release patch for the Japanese version that allowed people to play online was already available to anyone with NoA/NoE versions.

Last edited:

Jucchan

Smash Journeyman
Game-Breaking Glitch

Dream Land's platforms can completely disappear
Condition:
Near the end of a timed match?
Consequence: There are no longer any platforms, meaning that all characters can do is fall and get KO'd for the rest of the match.
Source: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24605846

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why is this so buggy?

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
Zero Suit Samus launched very high into the sky when performing her up-b next to marth

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
That patch seems to... almost be a lie?
From what I've gathered, people with early NoA/NoE versions have been able to play online/with anyone already (as in, japanese players). And the Japanese 3DS version has not received any patches today/yesterday either. In other words this "patch" was already available to anyone with the full version of the game.

There's no way the patch would make it any different to the Japanese version, and the only thing that's been patched out for "game play experience" was Peach's auto ban bug (from what we know) and this was a week ago. The day before release patch for the Japanese version that allowed people to play online was already available to anyone with NoA/NoE versions.
it's patch 1.0.2 which was released ages ago

you need it to play online in english copies

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
Found one today: joining someone's game mid-match as Ludwig (probably other koopalings too) makes you appear as Bowser Jr for other players in the following game, along with the character portrait on your 3DS displaying Bowser Jr and the victory name also displaying Bowser Jr. After the match your skin is switched to Bowser Jr, too. I didn't test to see if I had Ludwig's audio files or Bowser Jr's, though

SmashBroPlusB

Smash Cadet
NNID
smashbroplusb
3DS FC
3136-6824-7861
I can't believe nobody mentioned anything about trophies yet.

A minor addition to the Trophy Gallery showing a trophy's originating game would be great. I can't count how many times I've been asked where Iris Archwell or Barbara the Bat came from. It's just a simple addition of a line of text or two, and could even go on a separate screen that shows up if a button is held (like the extra song info in the Sounds music player area).

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Patch 1.0.3 is out, thought this topic might need a bump, since maybe some of these bugs were fixed.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Unless I'm mistaken, Nintendo is as vague as ever with the patch details.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11692/p/430

Nintendo said:
Update Details:
This update also includes the previous Ver. 1.0.2 update.

• The Conquest chart will no longer be displayed when Conquest Mode is active.
  • Adjustments have also been made to balance the game and make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
Ver. 1.0.2 details (Released on October 3, 2014)

• Enables online multiplayer features.

Cornstalk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cornstalk
FEATURE REQUESTS

More Equipment Setting Options:
  • Customs Only
  • Equipment Specials only (Smooth lander would be recognized, but not the stat changes that go with it)
  • Customs + Equipment Specials (only stat changes omitted)
  • All (which is currently the On setting)
They've basically given us a way to gently mod the game (much like what Balanced Brawl did) through small changes like jump height and movement speed, but at the same time made it really inconvenient to filter and use.

Equipment Shop:
Currently to get customs moves and equipment pieces, we're pretty much forced to not just play the single player mode, but grind it to battle a random number generator that makes the rare drops from monster hunter seem fast and easy (you easily can go 30+ hunts in monster hunter and never get the drop you're after).

A build your own equipment option would be ideal, even if it had to follow the stat restrictions for special properties (like smooth lander). But even just a shop that frequently refreshed with random gear would keep me coming back more then yet another run through classic mode.

Smarter Equipment Drops:
NO MORE DUPLICATE OF 1 TIME DROPS
Just trying to finish Rosalina's custom equipment list I have been 'awarded' her over-B custom 2 FIVE times. This is a serious fun killer that actually discourages me from playing characters I'm less interested in because fulling exploring their moveset options is going to be WORK. Not fun, that thing I should be having with a recreational device. Work.
This includes Mii outfits and Hats too. They're just wasting a slot that could have at least been another piece of equipment that might have been helpful.

At very least, give us a guaranteed method for custom unlocks. Like, every time you clear classic, it will always give you 1 custom part for your selected character that hasn't been unlocked yet.

Or an Equipment shop. That doesn't sell you 1 time unlocked parts you already have.

They were so good about giving us multiple ways to enjoy the game, both single and multiplayer, except when it came to equipment and customs. I can't imagine an equipment shop or changing the way equipment is awarded to avoid duplicates would have any impact on multiplayer connectivity at all, but it would certainly alleviate the frustrating amount of time needed to be spent in single player to fully enjoy the equipment and custom features.

To put this in a different like... I'm so fed up with the equipment drops that Datel's little cheat device for 3DS cartridge games is starting to look like a really good investment. I can spent 30 bucks and potentially 20 minutes loading some code to get all the equipment and customs I want... or I could spend another 40+ hours playing the same boring single player mode over and over and over and over while slowly wearing out my home button on that damn roulette wheel.

Christ, at this point I would PAY Nintendo for a DLC pack that gave me all the customs and a pack of all the different equipment with the special traits (like smooth lander) on them. I'd rather do that then fund Datel, but one is providing a solution and the other won't even give us detailed patch notes.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
A bit of a random glitch to mention.

Ness' Magnet can be used to absorb the lasers on Corneria, both from the arwings and from the Great Fox. If this is done while a fighter is standing on the left side of the stage, they will take massive damage and if the lasers from the great fox are absorbed, this will usually result in a KO from 0%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYL4Q1NLPCY

The big one is at about 35 seconds where it KOs villager at 12%.

Fun! Has this already been reported? I checked the OP but nothing else. :p

Last edited:

luigijerk

Smash Cadet
I find it interesting that when DLC becomes available there are way more gamebreaking glitches than in previous installments. It's like they got lazier on testing since they knew they could go back in and fix it later after customers discover glitches for them.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
It appears someone borked with the ban timer. Now the game gives out 136-year bans.

Photographic evidence:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
The glitch in the Mario 3D Land stage happend many times to me, and (not shown in the source video) it can happen on the 2 rotating blocks in the next segment also.

I also found an online glitch, but I don't know if it's already patched.
Once, I was playing a Kirby vs Kirby match, and after that match, I started another one. In the waiting room, I was using the Kirby of my opponent (same palette as his Kirby) and my nickname was replaced with the nickname of my opponent. When the match started, everything was normal again though.

Another glitch about Link (but again, I have no proof):
If he uses the rotating attack near a ledge, sometimes it starts 2 times (the sound is played twice in less than a second) and Link could eventually fall without any extra jump, losing a stock.

---------

edit:
Features that I'd like:
Yoshi's egg throw direction. now, to throw the egg up you need to press back. I'd like if it was like in the old smash games, where to trow the egg up you need to simply press up (I stopped using him because of this).

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Our Canadian friends are reporting significant, comprehensive bugfixes in the WiiU version.

A 3DS patch to establish parity at some point is not unreasonable.

Edit:
Additionally, I noticed that Palutena's Lightweight glitch is not listed. It has been discovered that she can re-activate Lightweight when it should be on cooldown, restarting its timer, by doing the move immediately after starting to fall through a platform.

Edit 2:
Also, the main list doesn't have Villager's double hitbox glitch, where he deals double damage and knockback to opponents standing above or near a ledge when he rides a Lloyd Rocket (any; 2 is best) into it.

Edit 3:
Plus the Mii Brawler Up-B 3 thing, where the initial hitbox doesn't connect to the others at the edge of its range from below, resulting in extreme knockback.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If sakurai adds some auto cancels to some aerials *cough Marth's nair for the love of god*, or any other small non-tipping-point changes that just feel tuned slightly weaker than they should be, I'D RIOT (happily).

I wonder if actual mechanical numbers have been changed at all though. All the "unintended consequences" argument cover everything we're apparently seeing thus far, although I saw a WiiU video of what looked like Megaman's up air being considerably buffed in hitbox size (can anyone confirm this?).
Because yeah, a character like Rosalina would really have a large shift in capabilities if the luma timer was even as small as one second longer, people should definitely not underestimate things like that.
Lucario's aura magic number/constant/scaler being 4.0 and suddenly switched 3.5 could be enough to make him considerably less abusive in his niche, but it would be really hard to notice at face value.

Last edited:

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Speaking of Rosalina, I'm hearing reports that Luma's respawn timer has been increased from 8 to 13 seconds.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Lucario can also do the landing lag cancel trick with his UpB. It's identical to Greninja's Side B trick. It's possible that these are intentional, though.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Type: Disadvantageous balance issue
Description: Sonic loses his ability to double jump after beginning to charge his Side and Down B in the air regardless of if he lands while charging them.
Consequences :an cause players to Self Destruct if they jump off stage after using the move as they can't jump out even if they previously had their double jump.
Source:http://smashboards.com/threads/guide-sonics-moveset-in-smash-4-3ds-wip-new-mechanic-the-bsbs.370892/ [The BSBS Mechanic] section which details the issue heavily.

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
1.0.4 could get ugly. Here's hoping we aren't left high and dry with no info again.
R.I.P Wario floating so far.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
So Wario's crazy vectoring is gone???
I don't have the game, so I'm not 100% but from what I've been hearing around the boards, yes. It's pretty asinine that after years of testing the game they didn't find that out and left it in when it's so easily done by accident half the time. I'm going to miss it, as an opponent and a rare user of the tub-o-fun. I thought it was a really cool mechanic. Peach can float :/ D3 can float :/ Wario is the weirdest fat boy around, it just felt fitting.

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
I don't have the game, so I'm not 100% but from what I've been hearing around the boards, yes. It's pretty asinine that after years of testing the game they didn't find that out and left it in when it's so easily done by accident half the time. I'm going to miss it, as an opponent and a rare user of the tub-o-fun. I thought it was a really cool mechanic. Peach can float :/ D3 can float :/ Wario is the weirdest fat boy around, it just felt fitting.

Aw man. I will miss it. The uncontrollable laughs I got while doing it were priceless. Oh well...

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
If toss cancelling is removed, I'm going to be so freaking pissed.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
minor glitch

Wario's bike retains Wario's hurtbox after he jumps off the bike.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Condition: An attack or item hits Wario's bike after Wario jumps off.
Consequences: Either Wario gets hit by the attack no matter how far he was from the actual hitbox, or the attacker gets hit instead, no matter how far away he was from the bike and Wario.
Source:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A0doyJa-wY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W1a6zGleQQ

also two uncommon bonus glitches

Samus moonwalk
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition: I don't even know, use Samus's final smash after rolling on a different platform
Consequences: Samus moonwalks the **** out of there.
Source:
https://gfycat.com/SillyPersonalArizonaalligatorlizard

Ike's Aether freezes up
Condition: Perform Ike's aether moves on the right edge of certain stages, like omega Pictochat.
Consequences: Ike will land and freeze up as if he was still falling down. The player is unable to move him but Ike can still be hit out of the animation.
Source:

https://gfycat.com/DelayedWellwornAmericanmarten

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Can you add to missing features something about controlling playback in replays? The fact that you can't rewind or fastforward (or even skip to different stocks ffs) is just absurd and frustrating.

D3 can float :/
...wut D3 can float?

Last edited:
Top Bottom