• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In-depth matchup discussions.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I would just like to point out to any GnW mains that happen to come in here that they need to know that my opinion isn't really bias, obviousily all opinions have SLIGHT bias however,

I've co mained GnW since May of last year to about July of this year and haven't been using him much since, but hes been 1 of my main tournament characters for awhile and I just want any GnW main that comes in here to know that I know my **** about GnW better then most of GnW mains, and I'm extremely knowledgible about many characters.

I try not to post stuff about characters I don't know about to avoid looking like an idiot, so I don't post THAT much in here although I do post sometimes.

Also GnW is far from amazing, but hes not that bad either, sorry but losing pretty badly to a decent amount of S tier makes your character only decent :/

I'm not saying I'm a good player in either case, I'm just pointing out the fallacy that the MU is even or in our advantage just because of FTilt.

Because I could just go ahead and say the MU is in G&W's advantage because of his NAir.
I'm going to go ahead and say that Gen's remark was alittle uncalled for and disrespectful, really you shouldn't be posting like that, I try to never post like that although I believe I have the most room to do it(ego much? but whatever).

Flayl what you're saying is indeed true, however Ftilt does shut down most of GnW's options, including his infamous turtle.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
I would just like to point out to any GnW mains that happen to come in here that they need to know that my opinion isn't really bias, obviousily all opinions have SLIGHT bias however,

I've co mained GnW since May of last year to about July of this year and haven't been using him much since, but hes been 1 of my main tournament characters for awhile and I just want any GnW main that comes in here to know that I know my **** about GnW better then most of GnW mains, and I'm extremely knowledgible about many characters.

I try not to post stuff about characters I don't know about to avoid looking like an idiot, so I don't post THAT much in here although I do post sometimes.

Also GnW is far from amazing, but hes not that bad either, sorry but losing pretty badly to a decent amount of S tier makes your character only decent :/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C3j3YUsVxk

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
first time I was using bowser against GaW also it was like 3 weeks after I was starting to play bowser

so yeah Its not a good argument ... I was a scrub at that time

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master

Flayl

Smash Hero
This discussion started out as a fender bender and is now turning into a train wreck, lol.

Well at least I think we can all agree that Bowser wants to stay on the ground as much as possible VS G&W, punish mistakes with fortress OoS, FTilt his short hop options, punish his BAir with a SDI'd NAir and when you grab him hit him with a ground break klaw for damage and a forced air release Fair for the kill.

Anything else anybody want to add?

Would you guys rather strike Yoshi's or Lylat against G&W? I'm tempted to say strike Lylat because of the edges, it becomes easy for G&W to edgeguard IMO.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
This discussion started out as a fender bender and is now turning into a train wreck, lol.

Well at least I think we can all agree that Bowser wants to stay on the ground as much as possible VS G&W, punish mistakes with fortress OoS, FTilt his short hop options, punish his BAir with a SDI'd NAir and when you grab him hit him with a FAir.

Anything else anybody want to add?

Would you guys rather strike Yoshi's or Lylat against G&W? I'm tempted to say strike Lylat because of the edges, it becomes easy for G&W to edgeguard IMO.
I usually strike both stages. Also when you grab GnW, try to pummel into Klaw for the most damage. Fair can be a decent kill move if you happen to grab GnW around kill % and Klaw is staled.

And I don't think GnW is top tier, at best I think hes B tier tbh maaaaaaaaaybe bottom of A.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
auto-strike lylat and then either yoshis/battlefield depending on where you feel more comfortable

personally i prefer playing on yoshis

edit: i mean i prefer playing on yoshi's island, playing on top of a yoshi would be pretty tough

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Yoshi's is better for Bowser against G&W as he really enjoys Lylat better of those two.

Also, G&W is definitely A tier, no way should he be lower. I don't think he's top tier, but he's not B tier material no way no how. The main point of that post was to point out that G&W really doesn't like wifi any more than any character not named ROB.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9048503&postcount=721

Is a post I made regarding G&W, and it briefly mentions Bowser on wifi too. It has some relevance regarding them on wifi.

Irregardless, wifi matches really shouldnt be used as evidence except in some cases where both people know the matchup and lag is limited or really non-existant.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
auto-strike lylat and then either yoshis/battlefield depending on where you feel more comfortable

personally i prefer playing on yoshis

edit: i mean i prefer playing on yoshi's island, playing on top of a yoshi would be pretty tough
LOL @ Bowser playing on a Yoshi. Anyway I kinda hate Yoshi's Island a bit, so I would go with striking that. It would be better if you had BF for platforms but then again Gnw is pretty good at Sharking people with his NAir, no? I mean, it's what I always do when there's a platform in between my opponent and myself and I'm GnW. :/

Didn't notice Escalator's post. I suppose Yoshi's would be the stage to keep then lol

How does FD look stage-wise with this matchup?

Flayl

Smash Hero
I usually strike both stages. Also when you grab GnW, try to pummel into Klaw for the most damage. Fair can be a decent kill move if you happen to grab GnW around kill % and Klaw is staled.
Good call on the klaw, I just personally prefer the FAir because it's guaranteed and fresh Fair does pretty good damage since you shouldn't be using it in the first place (something I learned the hard way).

@Limit: FD is our best neutral against G&W IMO, and since he really doesn't have any bad stages (he has NAir and parachute shenanigans on Halberd) it's probably our counterpick of choice too. FD gives us the space we need to escape juggling and has no platforms to help him key our heads and not get hit by fortress.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Well, as far as G&W goes, he dislikes FD (As a personal thing, Amazing Ampharos thinks its the worst G&W stage that should be legal, the other being Mario Circuit which is never legal). I believe this too, and most of the boards strike FD in all matchups. Some weird ones don't, but they are outliers.

We like Lylat and BF the most. They enhance our strengths a ton without hurting us significantly. The only thing that sometimes hurts us is platforms can hurt approaches from above, but this is rare and doesnt matter much.

Most G&W's like SV, I dont mind it but I usually strike it anyways. I like YI just fine, but it's not particularly great for us.

So most times you will find G&W banning FD and YI/SV. Take this how you will, I only know Bowser likes BF as far as your guys starters go in the matchup.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Well, as far as G&W goes, he dislikes FD (As a personal thing, Amazing Ampharos thinks its the worst G&W stage that should be legal, the other being Mario Circuit which is never legal). I believe this too, and most of the boards strike FD in all matchups. Some weird ones don't, but they are outliers.

We like Lylat and BF the most. They enhance our strengths a ton without hurting us significantly. The only thing that sometimes hurts us is platforms can hurt approaches from above, but this is rare and doesnt matter much.

Most G&W's like SV, I dont mind it but I usually strike it anyways. I like YI just fine, but it's not particularly great for us.

So most times you will find G&W banning FD and YI/SV. Take this how you will, I only know Bowser likes BF as far as your guys starters go in the matchup.
I use to love FD with GnW vs MK. Also I think FD is the best possible neutral to take GnW to if able with Bowser.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
The only issue being that most strike it, but yeah if you fight one of the rare G&Ws who like it, absolutely go for it. I can see it being the best starter for you guys.

Top Bottom