• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In-depth matchup discussions.

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
I have been messing around with bowzers nair and i found out that it has really good priority. If u fast fall a nair then u can catch people off guard with it. I prefer a ff nair over a bowzer bomb to the edge. Even semi smart people can see the bbomb trick coming so i tend to avoid using it and go for the one that doesnt lead to certain doom if they grab the ledge.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
LMFAO @ Jugglypuff

What is that, some new evolved form? .-.

Anyway going on topic...who should we "in depthly" discuss next? :/

Flayl

Smash Hero
We have 4 matchups that already have some information and can be expanded on, I was hoping a Bowser player with plenty of expereince would volunteer to do so:

Wario:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8095502&postcount=18

Pokémon Trainer (Ivysaur):
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8114275&postcount=47

Link:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8115718&postcount=50

Mario:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8167540&postcount=56
Olimar
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8494670&postcount=625

Step it up Bowser mains?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
bair bair bair nair uair fair fsmash NOW VAT?
Ftilt trades with Bair, making it so Bowser is doing about 8+ more % to GnW then Gnw is doing to Bowser, Ftilt IS the matchup vs GnW.

Also I can't wait until more GnW's realize Bair is really overrated and isn't THAT good.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Can Bowser do anything after SDI'ng up out of G&W's BAir? Besides jumping away I mean.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Nair may hit, but since the hitbox is rather small I doubt it.

Fair I don't think will connect.

And yes, ftilt is the matchup lolol.

As GDX about it.. Me and Vex have played his GaW.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
I'd really like to see a good bowser beat a good g&w. because its probably not going to happen anytime soon.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
MM Bowser vs GnW at pound4, 20$?
**** son Vex going in D:

Lol we should all MM GnW mains from our areas and just come back with like 10 proofs that Bowser vs GW is even lolol.

On a more serious note, GW is not as good as you think he is lul

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
lol game watch bowser is not even. Im not going to pound4, so you can MM me in your dreams and still lose.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Vex you need to play people that know about bowser's ftilt and just bait it. G&W can also approach bowser without being in danger of fortress, he has enough range for that.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Vex you need to play people that know about bowser's ftilt and just bait it. G&W can also approach bowser without being in danger of fortress, he has enough range for that.
I hope you realize my region isn't full of idiot players, and if bair comes OUT, then just ftilt it. And I know they can space vs OoS upb, but thats for like dair. Please don't act like I don't have matchup experience when I probably travel far more then any other Bowser player(speak up if you travel alot).

@thesoviet, since you're a troll, I'll just leave you to do whatever and say whatever, IDC your just an idiot in my book now lol.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I know Reflex said you have to an 'absolute f****** ******' to lose to Gaw lol.
I know this isn't a bash GDubbz thread but he really isn't that good anymore...if he ever was, lol. I still love him to death though u_u

Since the troll guy revived this thread, who should we discuss (even though we can sum up most matchups in a few words or like 2-5 moves)

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
thesoviet if youre too scared to money match vex youre free to come up to the next niagara tournament or something and money match me

just giving you some options here

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
thesoviet if youre too scared to money match vex youre free to come up to the next niagara tournament or something and money match me

just giving you some options here
Oh boy a meta knight player challenging me to a MM I'm really scared now.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
After analysing Phiddlestick's points here I have come to the conclusion that this match up is 70-30 Mr. Game & Watch wins because Bowser is big, slow, easy to combo, easy to gimp, and his best out of shield option is his jab.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
Nair may hit, but since the hitbox is rather small I doubt it.
Yes it does I do it each time I can

Also the match up is even or bowser's slight advantage
ftilt is really good against almost any of his approaches
his dair can be UpB Oos
if he gets grab around 100% its almost a stock since air release fair will kill him
Oh If any game and watch think its really in GaW he can play me too just to prove it ;)

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Also the match up is even or bowser's slight advantage
ftilt is really good against almost any of his approaches
his dair can be UpB Oos
if he gets grab around 100% its almost a stock since air release fair will kill him
Oh If any game and watch think its really in GaW he can play me too just to prove it ;)

I love my daughter.

Keep practicing on wifi, your getting really legit dude, can't wait to see your performance at your next tournament.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Anyways, no need to troll guys. Bowser doesn't get ***** by G&W (it's merely 6:4 in our favor, I would say), and at the same time G&W is still an amazing character.

Reflex also thinks PT is Btier. Or was it A? Either way, he isn't the expert regarding all Brawl related matters, nor is his opinion on G&W very well founded.

Phiddlesticks is awesome though. If you guys don't want my word on the matchup, go with his. His is top quality too!

Flayl

Smash Hero
I hope you realize my region isn't full of idiot players, and if bair comes OUT, then just ftilt it. And I know they can space vs OoS upb, but thats for like dair. Please don't act like I don't have matchup experience when I probably travel far more then any other Bowser player(speak up if you travel alot).

You completely misunderstood me. I'm not saying the people are playing against are bad, I'm saying if that they're losing to 1 attack they're doing something wrong.

Flayl, you need to play people that are good.
Right back at you? I mean, you didn't even finish pools at the 1 tournament you went to, wtf.

I'm not saying I'm a good player in either case, I'm just pointing out the fallacy that the MU is even or in our advantage just because of FTilt.

Because I could just go ahead and say the MU is in G&W's advantage because of his NAir.

See how dumb that is?

Top Bottom