• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE - Canada's Brawl & Melee National

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Hey, so just saying, if anyone has any good spare controllers they wouldn't mind selling, bring them to this tournament and come find me please. I'll pay $50 for a good controller if I like it (or $30-40 for a "pretty good" one). :D

Cr0wbaR

Smash Apprentice
Alright, although I may have registered online already, I'm seriously considering not going. I'm been pretty depressed lately video game wise. Not like I'm just really salty or anything, like even playing games in general I can't do anymore. I'm not calling it off completely yet, but needless to say I'm sending this at 5 am and haven't slept because my depression and frustration has kept me up. Tom8er, I'm really sorry this is the second time your partner will bail, but I wouldn't be of much use anyway if I'm depressed like this...

If general gaming isn't fun for me, playing Brawl definitely wouldn't really help the situation, you all just have to trust me on this don't turn around and try motivate me again, I'll be back when I'm ready if at all.

nickcam

Smash Ace
Been a while.....Quick question do you have to pre reg for marvel or could u pay at the door. I'll also see what rdk aka mdk for the brawl og's is saying. we might just make an appearance

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
Cr0wbaR said:
I'm seriously considering not going. I'm been pretty depressed lately video game wise
don't turn around and try motivate me again, I'll be back when I'm ready if at all
lmao, man I got uni and a job to worry about..
The only time I play a video game is when I go to a smash tourney, and (much less likely) sometimes the night before I practice a bit with SK so I'm not rusty as ****.

I don't understand how some people could play console video games or even **** like LoL for hours upon hours every day, no wonder you're depressed!

btw, anyone interested in MMs, hit me up @ venue (will be wearing white baseball hat)

~XP~

Smash Apprentice
Been a while.....Quick question do you have to pre reg for marvel or could u pay at the door. I'll also see what rdk aka mdk for the brawl og's is saying. we might just make an appearance
Ahh crap, looks like I'm not taking Marvel.

If I'm not mistaken, Marvel can be paid at the door.

Mprime

Smash Ace
so just curious, are people able to register at the door or is registration for sure locked after today? just asking because alot of ppl had issues with the deadline and i dunno if the TO's had a change of heart.

not worried personally, everyone from whitby is already signed up

Cr0wbaR

Smash Apprentice
lmao, man I got uni and a job to worry about..
The only time I play a video game is when I go to a smash tourney, and (much less likely) sometimes the night before I practice a bit with SK so I'm not rusty as ****.

I don't understand how some people could play console video games or even **** like LoL for hours upon hours every day, no wonder you're depressed!

btw, anyone interested in MMs, hit me up @ venue (will be wearing white baseball hat)
Thanks for just criticizing my life, thank you bro.

Seriously, I went to college and had a job last year and I was able to keep gaming and have fun with it etc. so it's not the work load, I'd rather have you not just bring up that you think that my complaining is stupid. I'm sorry but video games were always my escape from life, sure I'm not in uni, but dammit to hell I want to relax sometimes with something I've been doing since I was a child! And to suddenly have it NOT fun, I'm very confused. I haven't be able to play games for hours on end like I used to, yet I have more time to these days, literally months ago I played Tales of Vesperia for 6 - 7 hours straight and still was playing other games throughout that day. To suddenly not have fun with video games is depressing me. I think getting salty and caring about Smash is the least of my worries right now. If I go to this I have to sort of reduce myself to playing 1 or 2 games for a whole day, I love smash, and when I'm in the mood I could indeed do it for hours, a whole day or 2 in fact, but with all this weighing on me, I dunno if I will. For all I know this may get resolved/blow over in time for the weekend.

There is more that goes into this too, you don't know me or how my life is, and I'd rather not go into my personal life about it, but let me make my damn decision myself.

Bing

Smash Master
You can Register at the door for the fighting games(Marvel and Street Fighter)

Edit: This was poor wording, you can register for everything at the door. We're not expecting anyone from the fighting games to register online lol

Is Mango in Toronto yet?
He has been since Saturday, hit da homie up
I am excite
REGISTER lmfao
is spectator fee still 10 bucks at the door?
Yeah its still 10$
so just curious, are people able to register at the door or is registration for sure locked after today? just asking because alot of ppl had issues with the deadline and i dunno if the TO's had a change of heart.

Yes we are allowing people to register at the door but of course we would MUCH prefer the online registration.

Also according to TheLake, Nakamaru is coming and teaming with him aswell. Theres a bit more hype!

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Just take a break from all of it, not your life, but, the games.
This has happened to me before, and all it takes is a simple break. Go outside.. play a sport, or whatever.
Go swimming if you want to.

But, all you need is a break.

Bing

Smash Master
Yeah I agree, for awhile I would get so pissed with video games and everything I would slam my controller after every game, when I would play NHL or something, whenever they scored a goal I'd throw my controller at the ground, it was bad. Generally it routes from outside issues transfering to this outlet.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
So...can someone please explain spectator fees now?
Do people still have to pay $30 if they're gonna watch smash but $20 for watching non-smash games (ie not playing anything, just watching)

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
Sweet, in that case I'll be coming down with JTSM, Ally, and SK (spectate).

Cr0wbaR said:
Seriously, I went to college and had a job last year and I was able to keep gaming and have fun with it etc. so it's not the work load, I'd rather have you not just bring up that you think that my complaining is stupid. I'm sorry but video games were always my escape from life, sure I'm not in uni, but dammit to hell I want to relax sometimes with something I've been doing since I was a child! And to suddenly have it NOT fun, I'm very confused. I haven't be able to play games for hours on end like I used to, yet I have more time to these days, literally months ago I played Tales of Vesperia for 6 - 7 hours straight and still was playing other games throughout that day. To suddenly not have fun with video games is depressing me
There is more that goes into this too, you don't know me or how my life is, and I'd rather not go into my personal life about it, but let me make my damn decision myself.
I wasn't criticizing your life, nor do I care what decision you make. But now that you mention it (this IS me criticizing), playing a game for 6-7hr straight is incredibly unhealthy. Even though I program at a desk for 8 hours a day when I work, I take breaks every hour and go walking to talk with a friend. Being immobile for a very long time and not getting any sunlight can be a cause of depression, so that may be why you're suddenly experiencing it, confused, and subconciously trying to avoid what you may very well realize is the cause of it; vg. Also, I have never felt that university is more difficult than college - some programs in both are easier than others, but in general most post-secondary courses do take a significant amount of work to do well.

:dk2:

Tin Man

Smash Hero
You can pay for anythign at the door. The big 2 (Brawl & Melee) have to be paid for between 9am-11am. Anything else can be paid for before their respective events start (so Marvel can be paid for on day 2 anytime before 1pm).

is spectator fee still 10 bucks at the door?
Yes :), payable at anytime, not just between 9am-11am.

We had a change of heart. reg is now available at the door.

So...can someone please explain spectator fees now?
Do people still have to pay $30 if they're gonna watch smash but $20 for watching non-smash games (ie not playing anything, just watching)
Look at the OP noob

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
So yeah, predictions. No canada in top 8 except Ally, get fked up!

1. Ally
2. Vinnie
3. Trela
4. Mr.R
5. MJG
5. Logic
7.Chudat
7. Bloodcross
9. Luckay
9. Zinoto
9. Stroumbert
9. Swordgard/Tinman/V115

:phone:

Ministry

Smash Ace

Seriously, I went to college and had a job last year and I was able to keep gaming and have fun with it etc. so it's not the work load, I'd rather have you not just bring up that you think that my complaining is stupid. I'm sorry but video games were always my escape from life, sure I'm not in uni, but dammit to hell I want to relax sometimes with something I've been doing since I was a child! And to suddenly have it NOT fun, I'm very confused. I haven't be able to play games for hours on end like I used to, yet I have more time to these days, literally months ago I played Tales of Vesperia for 6 - 7 hours straight and still was playing other games throughout that day. To suddenly not have fun with video games is depressing me. I think getting salty and caring about Smash is the least of my worries right now. If I go to this I have to sort of reduce myself to playing 1 or 2 games for a whole day, I love smash, and when I'm in the mood I could indeed do it for hours, a whole day or 2 in fact, but with all this weighing on me, I dunno if I will. For all I know this may get resolved/blow over in time for the weekend.

can you please stfu. , stop trying to get attention. Just post saying that you might not be able to make it. Do you realize how stupid you sound? you live in ****ing oakville, you should have nothing to complain about.

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
So yeah, predictions. No canada in top 8 except Ally, get fked up!

1. Ally
2. Vinnie
3. Trela
4. Mr.R
5. MJG
5. Logic
7.Chudat
7. Bloodcross
9. Luckay
9. Zinoto
9. Stroumbert
9. Swordgard/Tinman/V115

:phone:
Depending on bracket Mr R can take Vinnie out like he did in E4U.
Hope Canada vs Netherlands GFs
and Mango will sandbag, I call it :c

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Ally! Why u no in Stroumbert's carpool, I was all like excited to house you again

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I'm housing Nova Scotia (5 people) + some Melee player from the states.
I mean I'd love to house you guys but ****, housing more than 6 people is not really a possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom