• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Improving the Ice Climbers boards - We've got a lot of work to do

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I was looking at the threads here and the only ones that get much activity are the social thread and the Q and A thread. With only these threads active, our character really isn't gonna go anywhere. The Ice Climbers still have a lot of potential and there's probably a lot of stuff to figure out about them. Let's get some ideas to liven this place up. A dead sub-forum for a character with so much potential is not a good thing.

Suggestions and stuff please. ;x Unless you guys wanna keep it dead. @_@ *Shrugs*

• Matchup thread!
  • Desynch Video?
  • Matchup Thread Schecule

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's hard with the small amount of dedicated IC players.

Dev2000

Smash Lord
I agree with you hylian
but we could still make it more active and post here when we find something useful
and put that in the OP
or something like that

but indeed there are not that many dedicated IC players

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
@Hylian- True, but it's worth a try. :urg:

YUNq PHR3$H

Smash Journeyman
We Need More Dedicated IC Mains
Its Only A Little Bit Of Us && We Do Have Alot Of Potential
We Need To Get The IC Chat More Live
Its Always Dead.

W E N E E D M O R E H Y P E

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You can't do anything except just play ICs yourself and improve them yourself.
You've got people like Hylian and Lain to rep you, that's a plus, isn't it?

Aaaaaand, KarKar is dedicated. <3

Also, this is happening to Falco boards and other boards.
It's because all the main metagame growth has kinda... happened already. xD

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Whenever I hear someone talk about the ICs having potential (i.e. KawaiiBunny), I immediately think desynching. I almost get the feeling that people aren't giving desynching enough discussion (unless I'm missing said discussion somewhere; if so, then skip this).

As powerful as the chaingrabs can be, there may be some situations where desynching might be, to some degree, a viable strategy, even if only to keep the opponent guessing about your specific playstyle (which may cause them to make mistakes and get grabbed on a later stock). Against characters with poor recoveries, for instance, desynched edgeguarding (or even edgeguardhogging) might be able to kill them at really low percents. And there's also the possibility of using it for damage racking provided the opponent isn't a character that has an easy time killing Nana (or if you can keep track of her really well).

I can't say I've seen enough of lain's matches to tell how much he uses desynch combos outside Blizzard Wall, and I've yet to see ones of Hylian playing ICs, so if either of you (or other more experienced players) can give your perspectives on this, please do so. And if there really is enough potential left in the ICs through desynching, perhaps getting into more detail about it would help the boards here.

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
We have to seriously drag people into our boards.
Because believe it or not, 60% of IC players don't even come here. Which takes out about 30% of valuable discussion.

But then again, there's not much we can do.

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
Not many IC mainers come to the boards at all. They either ask around or just lurk around.

@Hylain: thers too little IC mainers who are dedicated....People hate us T_T

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Let's improve the match-up thread. I've been suggesting this for 1-2 months.
:mad: :mad:
Sure. We can go over a few of the matchups again. Which characters do you guys wanna redo?

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Speaking of the matchups, I'm not even sure we talked about Zelda in detail. There's the general description on the front page, though from the wording I'm guessing that was written from the perspective of a Zelda main. But I've wondered for the longest time, is the matchup really as bad for the ICs as he/she says? I only know one person who mains Zelda, though he doesn't play Brawl much (and thus I don't get much Zelda experience), but it certainly feels like a disadvantage when I play him.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Our matchup thread is honestly... somewhat of a joke... It would be best redone with more information. And Zelda is like... 65:35 IMO...

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I uhh...don't think I can handle an entire matchup thread. >_>

But then again, there's not many others here that can do it. :urg:

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Something that might be good but takes alot of time is a vid where it shows alot of ways of to get grabs, including several variants of SAGrabs.

r3d d09

Smash Master
Coming from a person who is trying to main IC's over his own main right now. a new matchup thread would help.
and on the first page. talking about desync stuff. I'd like a desync thread with attacks. I've seen some pros desync SH Blizz.I'd love to learn stuff like that. possibly have the forum come together for once *jk* and get this rolling.
Coming from a competitive player for life, once I get decent with them, i can give input and I will definitely help out with the knowledge that i have.

we have this thread full of people who will help out with the matchup thread. Could we get it started? please :)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I'm thinking of what to do at the moment for the matchup thread.

A new desynch video would be nice. Like, Two Climbers Two Hands but the Brawl version. >_> I don't know anyone here with a capture card though.

Okay, about the matchup thread. We'll need someone responsible for the write-ups. Does anyone want to volunteer for that? It's not an easy job at ALL.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
I can make a video of how to do De-syncs soon, just have to find a way to make my camera better :dizzy:

IxxI

Smash Fence
I think we should make a whole thread dedicated to Desyncing. Someone can make a video to complement it.

I think we should tell people what kind of desyncs are the most dependable, different combinations (Ice blocks, blizzards, smashes, tilts, aerials, etc.), when to use desyncs, and that kind of thing.

This will open up more options than just the average desyncd blizzard to grab. From what I hear, Hylian uses desync's NAir's and BAir's. I would like to see how this is effective, and I'm pretty sure anyone will want to know how that works.

Let's get IC's to top tier people.

Edit: If someone will make the desync thread, I'll gladly give in my input. I'll even make it on my own with the help of you guys, if everyone else is lazy about it. T____T

EDITEDIT: I feel as though I'm the only one giving input at all. xD

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Desyncing is serious **** >.< It's going to be a tough challenge getting them to top tier, but it might be possible :3

Sieguest

Smash Master
I think we should make a whole thread dedicated to Desyncing. Someone can make a video to complement it.

I think we should tell people what kind of desyncs are the most dependable, different combinations (Ice blocks, blizzards, smashes, tilts, aerials, etc.), when to use desyncs, and that kind of thing.

This will open up more options than just the average desyncd blizzard to grab. From what I hear, Hylian uses desync's NAir's and BAir's. I would like to see how this is effective, and I'm pretty sure anyone will want to know how that works.

Edit: If someone will make the desync thread, I'll gladly give in my input. I'll even make it on my own with the help of you guys, if everyone else is lazy about it. T____T

EDITEDIT: I feel as though I'm the only one giving input at all. xD
I'll totally help you with the desync thread!

About the matchup thread....couldn't do write-ups if my life depended on it....just not THAT knowledgeable...
but if it's like a summary type thing of each discussion I could maybe pull it off.....:)

EDIT: Whatever happened to the stage discussion thread?

IxxI

Smash Fence
I'm pretty sure we could get to top tier if we actually try boosting up our metagame. Our metagame is stale because it seems like all everyone wants to do is grab. We really need to try other things. Desyncing is would be a good start for that. Who knows, we might discover something along the way.

@Marthage
Stage discussion would be really good.

Edit: We need more advanced players to be posting regularly to give in their input. I know Hylian posts his wisdom from time to time. That one thread he made about what he learned playing friendlies really helped me. We need more people like that.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
...Blegh. No one seems to want to write the matchup summaries. I might just do it.

We really do need a legit stage discussion. Most of the ones made just...disappear.

IxxI

Smash Fence
I would help, but I really don't have much match-up experience with IC's seeing how I don't play with them online. Hylain could help. I mean, he's Hylain. Same with lain.

Make one similar the Snake boards or Pikachu boards. They each have really good summaries on stages.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I could help with the IC matchups, I go play online regularly and go to weeklies... idk what I can do to help, I suck anyways 0.0

Like right now I'm trying to find out at what percentages does characters cannot recover from No-Throw spikes... Yoshi can survive at 123%...

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
I'd start the stage disscussion if you want me to, I'll post good quotes I find that makes sense and help.
I don't like cramming them all in one thread, maybe make multible theads would help incase someone has info on one that was already done. Maybe good videos showing good use of a stage would help too.
Just tell me when to start it and I'll start it (if you want to)
Edit: How the h-4-x do they have Olimar -ICs 55-45 Olimar's advantage???
IMO That just aint right.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I may not be too active on the IC boards, but I'm fully capable of running any matchup discussion threads or whatever else if you need it. I'm just about always on SWF.

Prawn

Smash Master
I'll write matchups, I'll do at least one tonight when I go home.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1

I've basically been saying this since the first page, but whatever at this point. Let's get it done.

Stage discussion topics here seem to be cursed. They never get finished, even when the topic starter (i.e. that last guy) claimed to stick with it. Though if we put more effort into it now, that may change. I'll try to get in on the discussion for stages and matchups when I can.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Blurgh. I'll do the matchup thread. Don't expect anything super amazing though. ;x I already run like 3 other threads here.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Make it look pretty and organized. I'll help with any match-ups if it need be, but remember I don't have much experience in match-ups.

Top Bottom